Opinion of new Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight82
Volunteer

Opinion of new Knight Rider?

Post by Knight82 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:12 am

Hi everyone,
Being in the UK I have'nt seen the new movie yet and wondered what everyones honest opinion of it was and whether you feel it would be a successful series without ruining the original!

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Opinion of new Knight Rider?

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:16 am

EVERYONE knows my opinion. I think if I say anything else about it at this point I'll get banned.. :lol:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Opinion of new Knight Rider?

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:07 pm

I grew up with the early classic Star Trek films and the re-runs of the TOS so when Next Generation came out, I was jazzed, but ended up hating the show till about "Best of Both Worlds." After that point I really got into it and really wanted to like it more than TOS.

Same with this and KR in general. After getting season 1 of KR on DVD a few years back, I kinda wondered what I saw in it as a kid as it isn't until season 2 that I really feel nostalgic and feel the show really came into it's own. So based on one 2-hour movie of the week, it's hard for me to really (harshly) criticize this show, so I think the wait and see approach works best.

Right now, I like it and would watch a regular show. Could get better, could get worse, who knows. It had some moments that really teleported me back 25 years (the opening theme-yes I like it, and the Rockford turn out of Sky-1-or whatever that is :lol: ), though.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!