Best Scene in the new KR Film!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Best Scene in the new KR Film!

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:24 pm

I found this video on youtube which I believe is one of the best scene in the film! I stated this in another post and I found the vid, enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G_JfGrUn0-0

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Best Scene in the new KR Film!

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:28 pm

The first part has been reminding me very much of the original Pilot where K.I.T.T. charges toward the Comtron truck.
:kitt:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:43 pm

i so agree, watching it in HD with the surround sound blasting so loud, my jaw fell to the ground
Ice rider coming 2009

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 pm

I have to give the producers/writers a lot of credit for even having an opening sequence. I seriously expected opening credits overlaid on the initial scene with Graiman and just a quick title flash. Having the updated theme song done and the car shots on the road with the graphics was awesome. It really made the film feel like a "made for TV movie" and not just a "plain episode" of a show.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 am

I loved the title scene, and actually, I really like the new theme too! I think its a nice 'update' for it. Though it sounds really familiar, like something else...but I can't quite put my finger on it.
It's very dramatic and bold, but not too terribly cheesy/flashy. I liked it. ^^
Turbo Boost, Baby!

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 am

you know, when i saw this thread title i instantly thought: for me it was the trucker scene right before the opening credits!

guess i'm not the only one :) and what a great scene it is! this is Knight Rider!!!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 pm

[quote="JJSoCrazy"]I found this video on youtube which I believe is one of the best scene in the film! I stated this in another post and I found the vid, enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G_JfGrUn0-0[/quote

That scene made me feel 7 years old all over again!

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Yeah that was my fave scene too.

When I was watching it for the first time, I remember hoping they'd show a montage KI3T doing a long drive from one side of america to the other set to the music. Would have been way cool. But they just kicked it into the titles (which wasn't too bad though I wasn't a fan of the "bubbles") which was good but not as brilliant as my plan.

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:36 pm

That was a great scene because it captured the awe and amazement of a person in the KR universe to a Knight Industries vehcile speeding by. The car is not taken for granted as simply another Ford, but rather something incredibly special. We get to be that trucker and live as a person in that universe, and we understand how they feel. The guy knows right away that that wasn't an ordinary Mustang or other sports car whizzing by him. Plus, the original series had plenty of these moments with the first KITT.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Knight2000 wrote:Yeah that was my fave scene too.

When I was watching it for the first time, I remember hoping they'd show a montage KI3T doing a long drive from one side of america to the other set to the music. Would have been way cool. But they just kicked it into the titles (which wasn't too bad though I wasn't a fan of the "bubbles") which was good but not as brilliant as my plan.
There was some real KR nods in the pilot, but for the original fans it was a little sterile(still good though) ,Even so I have faith in the 08 continuation and i totally believe that if a new series is commissioned,they can re-create the magic for the present day and ultimately just have fun with it. Which I do believe is what all the real fans want.