Question About The Ultimate Knight Rider DVD Boxset

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightLegend
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question About The Ultimate Knight Rider DVD Boxset

Post by KnightLegend » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:51 am

I have all 4 seasons on dvd but have been thinking about replacing them with the Ultimate DVD Collection. However I have some questions about it and this is the best place to get the answers.

1) are all the bonus features from the season 1 and season 4 boxset included?
2) is there anything extra in the boxset not found in the individual season boxsets?
3) is there anything I should be aware of; recalls, missing content etc?

Thanks for any help you can give, I'm much obliged.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Question About The Ultimate Knight Rider DVD Boxset

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:07 am

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I've noticed that Knight Rider DVDs are much harder to find on shelves these days (at least the last time I looked). The most I've seen the last time was the Season 1 set, and it seems like it's only because no one bought it for months.

And if there is going to be a box set released in Region 1, will it have the revised Season 3 sets with complete sound effects? (Still stuck with the original Season 3 set because I couldn't find a way to get the revised set, not even on eBay.)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:09 am

Ive never heard of the Ultimate Knight Rider set, do you have a link? And what extras are on season 4 i have it & never seen them?
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 am

The Ultimate Set is nice, its just missing teasers for a few episodes here and there. The menus for season 3 and 4 are different from the US version, they are actually pretty cool. They don't have any missing sound effect issues either. Are you really going to miss the "The Great '80's TV FLashback" from the 4th season special features? If not then it has everything the 4 regular season box sets have.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:40 am

Season 4 has a KITT blueprint gallery and an '80's TV flashback' featurette. As for the Ultimate Knight Rider DVD Collection its simply all 4 seasons repackaged into one set. It was released over three years ago now, perhaps four?

Search amazon or play.com with knight rider and the Ultimate Collection will be there on the dvd page. I'm sorry I don't know how to link yet.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:33 am

It's also a region 2 only thing. Check out FYE if you're still needing some region 1 sets. I got the 4th season there a week ago on sale for $24. That was the last one I needed. They had all the universal 80's shows on sale except Airwolf.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:49 pm

There was supposed to be another Ultimate Knight Rider Complete DVD Collection but which was also stated 'limited edition KITT'. Now, whether this meant that we would have gotten a limited edition model of the car or the boxset actually shaped like the car.

As far as I'm aware in regards to the features of the complete box set, you're just getting what you had before on the seperate boxsets but with all the discs in slimlined casesm, that's it.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:36 pm

MJknight wrote:There was supposed to be another Ultimate Knight Rider Complete DVD Collection but which was also stated 'limited edition KITT'. Now, whether this meant that we would have gotten a limited edition model of the car or the boxset actually shaped like the car.

As far as I'm aware in regards to the features of the complete box set, you're just getting what you had before on the seperate boxsets but with all the discs in slimlined casesm, that's it.
Sounds like something Best Buy would do. They're always doing exclusive stuff for DVD releases.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:59 pm

msKEN wrote:The Ultimate Set is nice, its just missing teasers for a few episodes here and there. The menus for season 3 and 4 are different from the US version, they are actually pretty cool. They don't have any missing sound effect issues either. Are you really going to miss the "The Great '80's TV FLashback" from the 4th season special features? If not then it has everything the 4 regular season box sets have.
Are you saying the 3rd season episodes have all sound effects ok in the R2 Complete collection DVD box? For example Lost Knight suffers heavily from the missing sound effects in the season DVD box.
:dash4:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:53 pm

I kinda wish the teasers wouldn't play before the show starts. I'm showing all these to my roommates and I always have to fast forward and block the TV because they often show some of the best parts. They should either have the teaser as a separate link or play them at the end of the previous episode. That's just for the DVDs in general though, I've never heard of this Ultimate Knight Rider.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:04 pm

Where is this I never heard of this?

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 am

I looked all over amazon i wasn't able to find it. Only thing they have is a deal to buy all 4 seasons with one price but nothing like an ultimate box set.
Ice rider coming 2009

David
Rookie

Post by David » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:53 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I kinda wish the teasers wouldn't play before the show starts. I'm showing all these to my roommates and I always have to fast forward and block the TV because they often show some of the best parts. They should either have the teaser as a separate link or play them at the end of the previous episode. That's just for the DVDs in general though, I've never heard of this Ultimate Knight Rider.
I think every big show in the 80's had an opening teaser.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:31 am

cloudkitt wrote:I kinda wish the teasers wouldn't play before the show starts. I'm showing all these to my roommates and I always have to fast forward and block the TV because they often show some of the best parts. They should either have the teaser as a separate link or play them at the end of the previous episode. That's just for the DVDs in general though, I've never heard of this Ultimate Knight Rider.
The horrid teaser always played that way when originally aired.

I feel the same about them as I do about most every movie preview. It takes the best parts of the show/movie and condences it...often revealing almost everything in the matter of seconds to a minute or two. Far too rare is the teaser that uses no stock footage. Take, for example, Back To The Future. Michael J. Fox with the Delorian. No movie footage. Great mystery. Really nothing revealed. (If I made movies, I'd insist on ALWAYS having this kind of commercial.) Teasers for parts 2 & 3 just blew their movies wide open. How sad.

Pablobaires
Stranger

Post by Pablobaires » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:37 am

Hello everybody:
I'm very interested in the ultimate box set and I live in Argentina.
Someone knows if DVDs have spanish subtitles?
Or only english subtitles?

Thanks everybody and sorry my bad english :wink:

Pablo

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:58 am

I'm going to buy all Knight Rider seasons and can't choose: To buy every season seperately from amazon.com (it's cheaper than amazon.co.uk), or to buy the ultimate dvd boxset from amazon.co.uk (because it's not on amazon.com). It's a little cheaper (~$17) to buy all seasons seperately from US Amazon, than ultimate boxset from UK, but the UK version region is more suitable for mine country and UK is in European Union, as my country is there as well, so postage could be cheaper, and the DVD's could reach me quicker. I doubt if the ultimate boxset has all featurettes as in the each seasons seperately? I want to have everything as in seperate seasons (not missing extras and so on). Besides i'm going to buy Knight Rider Legacy book (~$18) and Knight Rider Kitt t-shirt (~$20) form amazon.com, because it's almost 2 times more expensive in amazon.co.uk. So if i buy ultimate boxset and book with t-shirt, i'll have to buy from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, maybe it would be cheapier to buy only from amazon.com each season and book with t-shirt and get one parcel, than to parcels from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. What do you recommend me?

Amazon.com:
All Knight Rider seasons seperately: ~$117
Knight Rider Legacy book: ~$18
Knight Rider KITT t-shirt: ~$20
All: ~$156

Amazon.co.uk:
Ultimate Knight Rider boxset: ~$135 (£67.98)
Knight Rider Legacy book: ~$45 (£22.79)
Knight Rider KITT t-shirt: ~$30( £15.00)
All: ~$210

Amazon.co.uk:
Ultimate Knight Rider boxset: ~$135 (£67.98)
Amazon.com:
Knight Rider Legacy book: ~$18
Knight Rider KITT t-shirt: ~$20
All: ~$173

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 am

Don't forget about shipping cost (unless those prices are including it) and I assume you have a region free DVD player? I'd figure that shipping from the US would raise the cost significantly compared to ordering it from the closer UK site. Then there's the issue as to whether or not the version of the season three set is the first or fixed version. I still don't get how they could mess up the audio and somehow have some sound effects left out, how does that happen? O_o
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:09 am

David wrote:It's on the UK Amazon site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knight-Rider-Co ... 403&sr=1-1
Just a warning for everyone to be certain you are getting the correct region code when you order your DVDs. I wouldn’t want people ordering disks and not being able to play them.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 am

Good point. Most machines sold publicly are pre-designed to work in the part of the world they have been delivered to. There are a few that I have heard of that could care less about region codes and a few others that allow the code to be set...FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES. Same goes for DVD drivers on computers. As far as I can tell, this is done for two reasons. 1) To counter the importing of movies from other nations and being sold at a competitive rate to the region's release version. And, 2) to control what sections of the world get to view what...at when. Personally, I don't even like it when the disc restricts what buttons can be used when. "You must read about the legal/illegal rules set by law enforcement on how, where and when this disc may be played." Who knew it was illegal to play a movie on DVD in a prison?

:dash: *Knock, knock, knock* (on the window with a flashlight that could double as a club.) Officer: "Sorry, sir. You can't be watching that PG-13 movie on your in-dash monitor in public."

:kitt: Michael: "Why do I get the feeling this isn't the last time I'm going to run into trouble with the police in this town?"

Edit: "Actually, on reflection, I think it's the PG-17 and up that is illegal to play on vehicle installed monitors. But, it IS illegal to have the monitor running ANY movie/television show in the front seat, as this is deemed a distraction for the driver. (Never mind those OTHER kinds of distractive devices. Oh, say, that flashy radio with an interface that demands looking at while being used. The talking GPS isn't as bad as I first suspected. Once set, it just sits there and speaks up when needed.) They are suppose to be rear seat only entertainment devices. Though, I have logged more then enough hours on a portable DVD player with the engine off...or sometimes running...(for the AC when it's truly hot. And, even then, in short bursts.) while parked on private property."