Money shot

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Nismo
Volunteer

Money shot

Post by Nismo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 am

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Money shot

Post by GN_WS6 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:22 am

Rubbish. I can't wait to see all of the Mustang douche bags with their new KITT clones.. :lol:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:39 am

Love that first screencap!
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:46 pm

great screencaps! both of them classic knight rider!!! well done!

btw: GN_WS6, i'm so tired of your dull bitching and whining. we all KNOW you din't like the show, so if you have nothing new to say just shut up, ok?

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm

GN_WS6, you sound exactly like my friends and I, arguing about what's better Mustangs or Camaro/Birds but I did that when I was nine years old. Get a life and grow up or a least use some creative language when expressing your disgust for the Stang, thread after thread you just sound like an ignorant fool.

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:24 pm

It's like hearing a broken record around here....

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:28 pm

It's getting almost like the arugments from elemetary school. Which is better KITT or the General Lee?

The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 am

GN_WS6 wrote:Rubbish. I can't wait to see all of the Mustang douche bags with their new KITT clones.. :lol:
If you have valid criticisms or constructive comments about the movie, then by all means contribute. However insulting users on the boards (or Mustang owners etc.) is uncalled for.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:14 am

goldbug wrote:
GN_WS6 wrote:Rubbish. I can't wait to see all of the Mustang douche bags with their new KITT clones.. :lol:
If you have valid criticisms or constructive comments about the movie, then by all means contribute. However insulting users on the boards (or Mustang owners etc.) is uncalled for.
I had a 2000 GT Mustang. It was garbage. It was pretty unreliable for only being 1-2 years old (when I had it)Everyone I know that has them is full of themselves and think they own the greatest car ever put on 4 wheels. (no matter which body style it is) The 4.6 liter engine is pretty much useless from a performance standpoint unless you put some kind of power adder on it (nitrous, turbo, supercharger) If you build those motors naturally aspirated, it'll cost you a mint and you wouldn't really be any faster than a stock Camaro or Trans Am of the same vintage. The Mustang GT FINALLY reached 300hp in 2005 (the f-bodies accomplished that 12 years earlier, depeding on model) up from 260hp in the '99-'04 bodystyle, but it also picked up about another 400lbs from the previous body style as well, so it wasn't really that much faster. They handle awful. Yes, much worse than the "crappy" 3rd and 4th gen fbodies. The only Mustangs I really care for at all, is the '67-'68 Fastbacks and the ORIGINAL Shelbys. The supercharged 5.4L DOHC 500hp GT500 runs a 12.7 in the 1/4 mile. 6 speed LS1 Camaros and Trans Ams were good for 12.9-13.4 with anywhere between 195-175 LESS horsepower. Oh, and they only cost $25k cheaper new than what people are paying for the new Shelby. Top speed on the GT500? 155mph. On the Trans Am? 158mph. Hmm. Gas mileage is better on the Trans Am too by 5mpg/highway. The KR version of the Shelby is rated at 550hp and they also make a "Super Snake" variant with 600hp. Both only beat the standard GT500 in the quarter by a couple of tenths, both only top out at the same speed and both cost thousands more.. So where's the upside to owning a Mustang over a later T/A or Camaro? The fbodies are more sleek, handle better, out perform all but the most expensive and "exotic" of the Mustangs and they get better mpg. If someone was willing to pay $55-$75k for a Mustang, wouldn't they be better off just buying a Corvette. For $60-$65k you can step into a new Z06 that'll run CIRCLES around the Shelby. BTW, Shelby stole the "King of the Road"/KR insignia from under the Corvette back in the 60s, Chevrolet was going to release a King of the Road Corvette with the L-88 big block 427 and when ol' Carroll got wind of this, he got it trademarked before GM could, purposely just to piss them off.

So I hope that answers all of your questions on my "opinions" of the majority of Mustangs and thier owners.

Here's a clip of one of my favorite shows, Top Gear. They test the new GT500..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0s4OAMISN4
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 am

Wow, could you be anyMORE offensive and rude? Keep going and see where it gets you. Read the forum rules. In every thread you post in, you consistently rude. You whine and moan and groan about the same thing over and over again and flame others for disagreeing with you. Grow the h*ll up.

KI3T is NOT a T/A and it NEVER will be, get OVER it. :roll:
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 am

GN_WS6 wrote:So I hope that answers all of your questions on my "opinions" of the majority of Mustangs and thier owners.
I get it. So if someone likes something you don't, they're "douchebags". :roll:

Actually, your post says not a thing about why Mustang owners are "douchebags". I don't care if the car is a piece of trash in real life, unless you claim to known all Mustang owners in the world personally, or have some statistical proof that they are bad people, I think your statement about the owners is off the mark.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 am

GN_WS6: Let me repeat what others are saying... If you want to critique the show or the car, fine, but do it without all of the insults and name-calling.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Hey GN_WS6 why is it anytime someone tries to talk about the show you have a need to bash the new mustang.OK by your screen name I can tell your a hardcore GM guy,hey i got nothing against GM's the new camaro looks bad ass but Im getting a little tired about all your negativity.All you can ever say is KITT should be a trans am well guess what he isnt,and to suggest he should be a car that isnt even in production anymore is idiotic.