KARR

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KARR

Post by GN_WS6 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:57 am

The Charger idea is worse than the Mustang. The 4-door box thing just isn't appealing enough for either role (KITT/KARR), sorry. Though it could be used as a villians getaway car..

I really don't think anyone actually expected the '82 T/A to come back as the mains star, I (again, I understand why) just wish they really could've used a late 4th gen WS6. :kitt:

I always noticed that if you look opn the side of the repainted KARR, he has an extended rocker panel that wasn't there before. I think he might've been an '84 with the Aero Package. And if you look at the stil provided above, they show his nose is all black.. By the way, where's his body at? :karr:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am

KARR's body went to the same place Optimus Prime's trailer went when he transformed. :lol:
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 pm

well, i always thought that since the silver paint was sprayed onto the MBS it wasn't protected, so it was burned in the explosion. that's why we see an all black front bumper in the end of the episode

Longun
Volunteer

Post by Longun » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Although I love the idea of a Charger KARR it will never happen. Let’s face facts, ford would have spent a small fortune buying the rights and the pilot was a ford fest so if it was to ever get done it will be a ford of sorts.

Let’s face facts on another issue, when in the old show they talk about the CPU they are not thinking about the technical side as much as some of the fans would be. As the CPU is considered to be the heart of any system I think that’s why they refer to it as the main component in the original show.

However as KITT is in pieces in the old guys shed and one would assume it’s still got it molecular bonded shell then someone could steal that add their own AI and use it so there is scope for the original car to be used again but would ford allow it?

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Nah, KARR should be the same car as KITT. The whole thrill of those doppelganger episodes is, that there is the same person (or in this case car), with all the abilities, but somehow he has changed and become evil. It's the "what if" came to life. And because they are the same, it's so hard to destroy or defeat the evil twin.

I'd like to see KARR built after KITT's plans that were on the harddrives. Maybe they have problems creating the AI and that's when they use KARRs chip from the desert.

THAT would be a great story.

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:57 pm

But as corrupt and evil as KARR may be he was never truly a twin though. I mean he was throughout the first episode but when he returned for revenge, he used his captor to change his look by adding the silver. Why would he request that unless he is tired of being the twin of his enemy. Though of course being the evil twin of the hero car would be a nice tactical advantage, he seemed to want to be his own personality. Plus you have to take in the account that KARR was a prototype and probably wasn't even as strong as KITT in terms of his exterior shell's strength. Why else would he explode and KITT survive when they hit each other? They were both damaged but KITT survives. It's simply because he was more advanced being the second generation. That and the hero always wins at the end of the episode lol.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:28 pm

Knight Runner wrote:But as corrupt and evil as KARR may be he was never truly a twin though. I mean he was throughout the first episode but when he returned for revenge, he used his captor to change his look by adding the silver. Why would he request that unless he is tired of being the twin of his enemy. Though of course being the evil twin of the hero car would be a nice tactical advantage, he seemed to want to be his own personality. Plus you have to take in the account that KARR was a prototype and probably wasn't even as strong as KITT in terms of his exterior shell's strength. Why else would he explode and KITT survive when they hit each other? They were both damaged but KITT survives. It's simply because he was more advanced being the second generation. That and the hero always wins at the end of the episode lol.
the real reasons for this can't be found in the plot. it was production reasons:

1) the silver stripe was added so that the audience could better differ KITT from KARR in the final battle.

2) that KARR exploded and KITT didn't was never explained onscreen, though it is widely accepted that this happened because KARR's MBS was weakened by the two years in salt water, sun and sand on the beach.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:33 pm

The refracted laser beam that directly hit KARR probably didn't help either.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Drake wrote:The refracted laser beam that directly hit KARR probably didn't help either.
I thought KITT was damaged by the laser too though. Then KITT reflected the laser back at KARR and damaged him too.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Well, the 3k and 2k are 2 separate entities IMO so KARR should still be the K2K's adversary and match his form. However, who's to say KARR doesn't team up with another evil car, like TKR's KRO for example (not KRO specifically, but another failed Foundation vehicle).

Also, like I said in another thread, KR is full of plot inconsistencies so I wouldn't waste too much thought trying to rationalize things. To me it just makes for some great entertainment to have KARR return and if he's in his original form, bonus. The evil twin plot is always present in shows so I'm sure it'll come in here as well if we get a show.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

King2000
Volunteer

Post by King2000 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Knight Runner wrote:
Drake wrote:The refracted laser beam that directly hit KARR probably didn't help either.
I thought KITT was damaged by the laser too though. Then KITT reflected the laser back at KARR and damaged him too.
Exactly. It caused an explosion, and left KARR defenseless, as this is why KARR was using the laser to try to penetrate KITTs MBS. KARR couldn't handle the direct hits like KITT because his MBS was weakened, and it was explained. He he leaked carbine, which led Bonnie to determine he could be vulnerable to attack.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

It was explained in Trust Doesn't Rust that he has a design flaw/weak spot under his scanner. The refracted laser no doubt weakened that vulnerability further.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Drake wrote:KARR's body went to the same place Optimus Prime's trailer went when he transformed. :lol:

Okay...I'll admit it...I totally laughed out loud at this.
Thank you, Drake. XDDDDDD
Turbo Boost, Baby!

BrowncoatKal
Volunteer

Post by BrowncoatKal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Knight Runner wrote: ...Who knows, maybe it was KARR's AI who told them the whereabouts of Charles Graiman. It was kind of odd that they just track him down and show up at his house one night isn't it? He was hiding for 25 years and all of a sudden they're in his garage looking over all his secrets.
I don't think it was odd at all. Who's to say that they haven't been searching for him for a number of years? They knew enough to cut the power so obviously this was a well thought out plan. And why would K.A.R.R. care about Charles? In Trust Doesn't Rust K.A.R.R. blames Wilton for his problems. I don't see Charles as an enemy, and I don't see K.A.R.R. as the revengeful type. K.A.R.R. was never about revenge, he was only about doing what's best for K.A.R.R.
Knight Runner wrote:Even if they don't have the intention of putting KARR's personality into the new machine, there isn't any real way of saying that after 25 years of studying and waiting that KARR couldn't simply find a way to take over the new car and use it for himself. I mean his ultimate program has always been self preservation right?
That's like saying I could use an Apple II computer to hack into and take over an eight core Mac Pro. Not going to happen.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:34 pm

If this show were to get very scifi oriented, I'd love to have KARR actually wind up being the intelligence behind the organization that hired Black River in the pilot, manipulating things behind the scenes to prepare for his revenge. He could then easily "insert" copies of his personality into any vehicle he wanted. It'd be a neat twist to have a machine, not a man, be the one running things.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:43 pm

GN_WS6 wrote:I always noticed that if you look opn the side of the repainted KARR, he has an extended rocker panel that wasn't there before. I think he might've been an '84 with the Aero Package. And if you look at the stil provided above, they show his nose is all black.. By the way, where's his body at? :karr:
Yes, I believe it was an '84 model used for the "K.I.T.T. Vs. K.A.R.R." episode, as was K.I.T.T. himself as the series progressed. The best evidence of the producers using later models is the back seat, which constantly shows a divide that disappears and reappears depending on whether the Hero Car or a stunt car was being used for the scene. You can also notice K.A.R.R. no longer had the bumper grills or the 6 fog lights from the first season.

The nose being all black was clearly a mistake the crew didn't notice, and didn't expect fans to notice. The nose should have actually been the first part of K.A.R.R. to be obliterated, and therefore shouldn't have even been intact in the first place.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 am

Lost Knight wrote:The nose being all black was clearly a mistake the crew didn't notice, and didn't expect fans to notice. The nose should have actually been the first part of K.A.R.R. to be obliterated, and therefore shouldn't have even been intact in the first place.
That's what I figured.. The thing is, they had no idea that people would be watching the show on dvd years and years later, if they did, they would've put more effort in to make sure plot holes and this like the above wouldn't happen, at least according to what Larson said on the commentary of KOTF. :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

infiniti_mike
Volunteer

Post by infiniti_mike » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Is it possible that KARR has the formula for MBS? If so, someone who was ordered to dismantle him (cleanup crew) could have reprogrammed KARR, and for all these years KARR is giving this person detailed instructions on him to build the MBS. This person can pick any vehicle they want.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 am

infiniti_mike wrote:Is it possible that KARR has the formula for MBS? If so, someone who was ordered to dismantle him (cleanup crew) could have reprogrammed KARR, and for all these years KARR is giving this person detailed instructions on him to build the MBS. This person can pick any vehicle they want.
Hmm, I doubt it. I remember it being stated several times that there were three people who each knew a separate part of the formula so that exactly that couldn't happen.
Turbo Boost, Baby!

kragent
Stranger

Post by kragent » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:37 pm

One way I would bring back KARR:

KARR before being destroyed uploaded himself to the worldwide web as a last resort. After finding out the last events from the new movie... KARR comes into contact with the bad guys.. via an email or internet phone call...and tells them if they need help...he only asks for one favor....find him a body.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:59 pm

kragent wrote:One way I would bring back KARR:

KARR before being destroyed uploaded himself to the worldwide web as a last resort. After finding out the last events from the new movie... KARR comes into contact with the bad guys.. via an email or internet phone call...and tells them if they need help...he only asks for one favor....find him a body.
Errr, well, 1984 there was no WWW, not until 1989. So this would be difficult. And KARR is more than a programm, it's hardware and circuits.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:29 pm

How cool would it be if the Knight 2000 and the Knight 3000 teamed up to defeat KARR with mike and michael working together!

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:04 am

DeeKnight wrote:How cool would it be if the Knight 2000 and the Knight 3000 teamed up to defeat KARR with mike and michael working together!
That sounds cool. If Graiman has K2000 bodies lying around maybe he also has K3000 bodies that KARR could end up in. Michael and KI2000 know KARR more than Traceur/KI3000 and would definitely be valuable allies if an untested driver and untested 3000 went up against KARR.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:12 am

I think michael and the Knight2000 would have to take the lead,they know KARR better.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am

Definitely, but they'd need the 3000's muscle unless KITT got some upgrades himself. See? These plots just write themselves! Give it to us, NBC!!