The Doorknobs

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Doorknobs

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I generally thought the movie was well-edited (I have a few issues here and there.) But the scene at the motel, with 4 people simultaneously opening up four doors.... Was it just me or did that seem to go on forever? It was made even worse by the fact that it was split up by the commercial break. I kept thinking, "just open the doors already!"

Insignificant, but it stuck with me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: The Doorknobs

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah, that drug on waaaay too long and the commercial certainly didn't help. If they had to have a commercial it should have been right before Jennifer fired the gun at the opening door. Or was that where they placed it?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Yeah, the editing had problems, particularly considering the time restraints the incessant commercials were putting them under. For example, why do we have to see 30 seconds of the bad guys landing (jerkily) in a helicopter, THEN get out and deliver their lines? Just show the guys walking away from the already landed chopper. We get it - they were in a helicopter.

Also, it was pretty clear Sarah's conversation with KITT was edited to Will Arnett's read. They just dubbed in Kilmer's voice and it was all about half a beat off.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Heh, yeah that scene bugged me too...at one point I think I said "Just open them already! at the television...
~The Monster's Loose....:karr: