Potential Series - What can we do?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Potential Series - What can we do?

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:06 pm

I loved the original show and I think this movie was absolutelt awesome and can't wait for a new Knight Rider series it was about darn time too...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:54 pm

PunkMaister wrote:I loved the original show and I think this movie was absolutelt awesome and can't wait for a new Knight Rider series it was about darn time too...
Ditto

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:45 pm

didn't know Knight Rider 2008 was on Youtube...whooooooooooohoooooooooo! at least now people outside the US can see it...personally I didn't care much for Carrie Riveri being gay or lesbian and I don't think too many people were too keen on it, but who knows we may see Carrie get revamped or eliminated all together when it comes to Series..another question is, will the pilot be made into DVD?
Charles Edward Untz III

kkknightrider
Stranger

Post by kkknightrider » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 am

Duh...nobody's thinking out of the box. But don't worry, i came up with a brilliant idea! Everybody should start sending them nuts!!! They'll have so many nuts that they'll have to do the series! :mrgreen:

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 am

lol :P
Charles Edward Untz III

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:55 pm

THEY NEED TO START MATERIALLY PUBLICIZING!!!

I would definitely buy a KR2008 shirt and I know many others would!
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:41 pm

anybody remember the talking "KITT" car from the '80's? they need to make a toy "KITT" from the new series...still trying to find the "Knight 2000" talking car that came with a michael Knight figure.
Charles Edward Untz III

tspanfelner11
Stranger

Post by tspanfelner11 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Hello,
I am a long time Knight Rider Fan I even watch the orginal series when I was growing up! As far a series go for this new Knight Rider! I think it needs to continue off the two hour movie Pilot! Because if you watch the orignal series you see that it conitues off the pilot!
I even sat in the trans am and talk to kitt myself when I was in Universal studios in hollywood! I was very impressed with the new movie and Hope that Nbc/Universal starts it up soon! Lets not wait until January of next year please!
I would urge the fans of Knight rider to tell Nbc/Universal to start the new series soon! and Not wait another 6 to 12 months for them to start it up again! That would be rediculous! Why would NBC/Universal make a Two Hour Movie on Knight Rider this year and then have to wait for 6 to 12 months to start up a series on it?
That would be stupid and dumb on NBC/Universals part! If your going to come out with a new Pilot Don't leave the fans hanging and wondering when the series is going to start! That alone doesn't make any sense at all!! I'm sure most of the Fans Would Agree with me on this!
My Message to NBC/Universal: Don't make the fans wait until Janurary of next year to start a series on the pilot! Continue on from the Pilot! If you watch the Ending of the Pilot you noticed that Mike is getting new orders which gives clues on a continuation to carry out fro the first episode of a new series! Folks this is a no brainer if you don't believe me then watch the two hour movie over and you see what I'm saying!

tspanfelner11

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:54 pm

actuallly the series will premiere this coming fall from what most of us have posted or heard. anyway some of us would disagree with you on how this pilot continues from the original series...too many questions left answered...
Charles Edward Untz III

Marcyden
Stranger

Post by Marcyden » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:35 pm

I too looked the Knight Roads while dews. Waited and hoped that there will be a continuation, hope business on the pilot will not stop also we will see a serial.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:41 pm

I would love to see this become a series! Even though the new KITT is a mustang instead of a trans am, it is still awesome! There's kind of a lot of CGI but its better than the toy looking stuff they used in the original series. I will be very disappointed if this does not become a series. I loved it! I think it was a lot better than Knight Rider 2000! And i have some ideas if it becomes a series: maybe bring back the original KITT and David Hasselhoff and maybe Charles can give the old KITT to Michael and maybe he and Mike with the new KITT can like team up for an episode or 2. Just some thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. Please make it a series! :kitt2:

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:17 pm

cajunknight0153 wrote:And i have some ideas if it becomes a series: maybe bring back the original KITT and David Hasselhoff and maybe Charles can give the old KITT to Michael and maybe he and Mike with the new KITT can like team up for an episode or 2.
...AWESOME!!! I'd like to see KITT's reaction to KI3T. Hopefully he won't be as spiteful as KARR was...unless that was the whole plot...hey, instead of a KARR, why not antagonize KITT? :D Make him a nice '03 T-Am with T-tops, Ram Air...a new KITT_X!

:kittx:
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:27 pm

nah, u can't replace the original KITT's body, i actually saw like 1 or 2 in the new movie, when the bad guys are looking through the garage at the beginning, there's like an overall shot, that shows like the whole garage almost, and u can see an original KITT or just a black '82 Trans Am and next to it is what looks to be the same thing, only under a sheet car cover. so maybe one of those is KITT and one is KARR, idk but maybe they can fix up the old KITT and give it to Michael as like a souvenir keepsake momento type thing for all his years of hard work and dedication

Smoke
Volunteer

Post by Smoke » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:09 pm

I know one thing you/we/us can do.... LOBBY FOR THE SAME BAD GUYS TO COME BACK IN THE FALL! There is some question that they may not be back!
Where there is fire, there's SMOKE!

nostalgicgirl93
Stranger

Post by nostalgicgirl93 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:35 pm

so the series is going to happen??!! cool!! :D

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 pm

cajunknight0153 wrote:...u can see an original KITT or just a black '82 Trans Am and next to it is what looks to be the same thing, only under a sheet car cover. so maybe one of those is KITT and one is KARR, idk...
If it was, maybe lightning could strike the garage and sent enough voltage to get them started...and they might both feel betrayed and go after KI3T?

Either way, KITT needs to make a comeback. :kitt:

martycabbie
Stranger

Post by martycabbie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:02 pm

ok i love the pilot just finished watching it but i live in the uk so is there any plans to release it over here officially. As far as i can tell there is no mention of a uk pilot release or the series maybe sky could air it on one of there digital channels or virgin

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 am

To all you Canadians up there, it looks like you’ll be getting Knight Rider. Canwest just made a deal with NBC! http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798 ... ight+rider
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Hehe they already had YouTube but hey, why not get the real thing too?

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue May 13, 2008 5:07 pm

Johnathan Kent wrote:personally I didn't care much for Carrie Riveri being gay or lesbian and I don't think too many people were too keen on it, but who knows we may see Carrie get revamped or eliminated all together when it comes to Series.
The thing about pilots and their following series is that anything could happen.

I think the best example of this may come from the short lived Fox series, Mantis. The pilot and the (one season?) show were so different that only the faintest notions seemed to trenscend past the pilot. (Mantis was a hero. Mantis was a cybornetic suit. Mantis had a car.)

Here's a link for more information that I found. http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/1839-mantis/

Mantis fights a Tyranasaurus??? That sounds like a worse plot then having Dr. Beckett (Quantum Leap; the final, almost depressingly horrid season) encountering Big Foot.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:34 am

They have the Pilot on the NBC web site guys. no need to download it illegally (and I assure you it IS illegal, if your country signed the Berne Convention, which is all G7 countries and most other 1st world nations including Australia, New Zealand, etc....it is property and doesn't belong to you). Although it is only in flash video...they do have a program where you can view their shows in HD on your own PC (not over the net)...but the program caused problems with my Win XP installation. I've had mixed reports with people being able to view it over the NBC web site from foreign soil. I know I often view Lost on the ABC web site, streamed in HD, no problem. :)