Anyone Else?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Smoke
Volunteer

Re: Anyone Else?

Post by Smoke » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:54 pm

[quote="K.I.A.N"]I feel like I'm the only one here who likes the new KR. Is there anyone else who actually liked it despite its shortcomings? :|[/quote
I actually liked it. Except for getting the snot beat out of me! LOL
Where there is fire, there's SMOKE!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 pm

:lol: Those poor guys, whatever did he do to them? He was just doing his job, can't a man work in this day and age without getting beaten, injured and/or killed?

Despite the things I didn't particularly care for or thought could have done better, things which had nothing to do with the make/model of the car, casting, a certain two scenes well pretty much the majority of things certain, mostly new members, have been *****ing about to the point where it's like beating a dead horse, burying it and digging it up to beat it some more. I'm very tired of the repetitiveness of those issues being brought up. I still give it an 8/10 but I still need to watch it again to get a better feel for everything and take it all in.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:48 pm

I found it suprising good, when i first heard of he Mustang being chosen i was furious and could only see the project going downhill from there. However i slowly learnt to accept the chosen look for KI3T

It's not perfect but does the majority of things right, it had some nods to the original series while leaving many things unanswered which just makes me want a series even more to find out those answers.
It different enough to stand on its own two legs, showing plenty of potential of what is still too come.

The thing that keeps me happy is that as a continuation it doesn't really take much away from the original, however a lot of my happiness and tolerance stems from the basis that i percieve KITT and KI3T as two seperate cars or identities and live in hope of seeing them possibly fight side by side in a special episode.
Some have reported that the producers are of the opinion that KI3T is made up of at least part of the motherboard circuitry from KITT but as that isn't mentioned specifically in the pilot i can only hopes it's not true or will change if the series gets picked up

I think alot of the negativity towards the new Pilot is a simple fear of change, all us here on the forum have an avid affection for the original series and rightly so, we all grew up watching KR at some point and its that wonder and excitement we remember when we watch it now. Of course he have grown up a bit since then and have are own feelings and opinions about how the show should evolve and is a little heartbreaking if it doesn't quite reach your expectations.
Me i enjoyed the new movie, i find it distances itself enough from the original yet at the same time has familiarity that imho doesn't step on the shoes of the original. I think the best and only way to enjoy it for what it is, is to think of it as a Knight Rider, not the Knight Rider.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:56 pm

as far as this new KITT goes. Hell, in the original show's pilot we saw more cool features in the demolition derby scene alone!

YUP

Smoke
Volunteer

Post by Smoke » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:56 pm

I loved it. I just wish I could have shot somebody! (lol)
Where there is fire, there's SMOKE!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Smoke wrote:I actually liked it. Except for getting the snot beat out of me! LOL
So when the cameras stop rolling, who would win in a fight? You or Justin? :)

(My money goes on the ex-bodyguard any day!)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com