IV'E COME TO THE CONCLUSION.......

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ckeller22
Operative

IV'E COME TO THE CONCLUSION.......

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 pm

I"ve come to the conclusion that no matter what the producers and staff did it wasn't going to be good enough. Nothing was going to appease these people who come out of the wood work with there stellar comments on production who some who now know how to run a production. They don't realize the many aspects of making a show and the restraints put on production that they cannot control. They could of done a million things a million ways and still i don't think they would be happy. What i get is that they want season 5 of Knight Rider with the 82 trans am flying by with David saving the day. They don't get that it is a continuation of the original not a remake. Some just cling to what they want no matter how many times the production tries to explain to them that a upgrade was needed and a new car and characters created so that they can be creative not re hashing old ones. At this point KITT could of done everything everybody wanted and still people would complain.Why...because i believe people(Not all) aren't happy unless they complain and B...CH their hearts out.I guess it makes them feel good. To come on a board and express such hatred towards a tv production just amazes me. Do they feel good,does it make them feel superior to others and know more by completely bashing the tv movie and writing negetive post after negetive post about it. It's so sad that we live in a world were people enjoy finding the worse in everything. If i offended sorry this is just the way i feel. If i get back lash ,i get back lash. I hope some may see my point.

knightny
Rookie

Re: IV'E COME TO THE CONCLUSION.......

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 pm

AMEN

Wedgewalkr
Volunteer

Post by Wedgewalkr » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Well said.

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

We got the numbers AND positive word-of-mouth. It will get made, don't worry. NBC must be all giddy right now.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Kaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Thank you ckeller22, you echo my sentiments exactly!!!

if you take a closer look on this board you'll see that it is only a minority, though a very loud one, that is hating the new movie (i don't wanna give names, but i guess you can easily tell who i mean).
it's a matter of fact that you just voice your opinion when you're dissatisfied with something, the majority who liked it will not make their opinion heard in the same way.

the poll though speaks for itself, i guess.
seems as if the majority liked the new knight rider, i sure did!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:03 pm

I couldn't have said it better! And you are 100% right! And quite frankly, I'm so tired of the negativity of people.

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Finally a thread I can read without driving myself insane.I thought this was a site for Knight Rider fans,but it seems sometimes that all people are doing on here is complaining about KITT being a mustang,OMG Mike Traceur is actually in bed with 2 women(does anyone remember the original show Michael Knight used to hit on just about every girl he met)Nobody liked the actors,KITT didnt do enough.I would have thought when people found out about the new show everyone on here would be doing cartwheels in the streets.I couldnt wait for the new movie i think if i would have waited another day i would have went crazy.And yes i loved the movie,c'mon people Knight Rider is back and with these ratings how could they not make it into a series.i know a lot of us on here loves the fact Knight Rider is back but it just doesnt make much sense to me that people would come on here and complain about every little detail.I even saw a couple of posts about people complaining about the show and only watched it for about 30 minutes,if you were coming in expecting the worst and already decided that it wasnt going to be any good maybe you should have just picked up one of the episodes on DVD and not wasted your time,because according to all the haters out there they screwed up everything anyway.BTW,I know most of us on here loved the new show,all I can say is long live Knight Rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:36 pm

well said ckeller.

KittKR500
Stranger

Post by KittKR500 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:47 pm

ill drink to that

OilSlick
Volunteer

Post by OilSlick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 pm

ckeller22 wrote:I"ve come to the conclusion that no matter what the producers and staff did it wasn't going to be good enough. Nothing was going to appease these people who come out of the wood work with there stellar comments on production who some who now know how to run a production. They don't realize the many aspects of making a show and the restraints put on production that they cannot control. They could of done a million things a million ways and still i don't think they would be happy. What i get is that they want season 5 of Knight Rider with the 82 trans am flying by with David saving the day. They don't get that it is a continuation of the original not a remake. Some just cling to what they want no matter how many times the production tries to explain to them that a upgrade was needed and a new car and characters created so that they can be creative not re hashing old ones. At this point KITT could of done everything everybody wanted and still people would complain.Why...because i believe people(Not all) aren't happy unless they complain and B...CH their hearts out.I guess it makes them feel good. To come on a board and express such hatred towards a tv production just amazes me. Do they feel good,does it make them feel superior to others and know more by completely bashing the tv movie and writing negetive post after negetive post about it. It's so sad that we live in a world were people enjoy finding the worse in everything. If i offended sorry this is just the way i feel. If i get back lash ,i get back lash. I hope some may see my point.
The only reason I'm complaining about the new movie is because...it was bad. I have no problem with new characters and a new car, but they focused too much on making a Ford commercial and not about giving the car enough features. I remember the original pilot, when KITT turned on and you saw the dash for the first time, you knew this car was something special. You just didn't feel the same way with this pilot.

The only time I remember Pontiac being mentioned in the original series is the episode that had the demolition derby race...they introduced KITT as a pontiac trans am. After that, it was just a black t-top.