Tired of the complaining...What would you have done?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightny
Rookie

Tired of the complaining...What would you have done?

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Enough is enough. I know how everyones opinions matter and all that but the reasons for the complaining are mostly so ridiculous. Some have merit but others are just plain immature.

How about this. Since a lot of you think you can do a better job at writing a script, then how about we see some material. I'd like to see the same people whio are complaining to post a basic story of how they would have written Knight Rider differently. Dont like the car? Dont like Mike Traceur? Dont like the plot? Dont like the casting? Ok fine, show us what youve got. I want to see a plot description, an explanation of how the car was built, what kind of car it would be, where Mike comes from, who would be cast in other roles and so on......

And of course WE can all criticize it and tell you if it's a good idea or not. You all seem to have already made up your minds and would not have liked the movie unless it had your own ideas. So lets see them.......

By the way, did anyone notice after the credits the name of the production company? "Dutch Oven". Ahhhh young hollywood.

prairiecrow
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Tired of the complaining...What would you have done?

Post by prairiecrow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 pm

I will say this much: I would have fit in SOME explanation about where the original KITT has been all these years, and at least a hint of where he is now. KITT means a lot to fans of the original show. To pass him over without so much as a mention (and no, a couple of shots of his automotive components don't count, in my opinion) seemed a very odd decision to make.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Where KITT has been? Did you not watch the first 5 minutes? Here is a hint......
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
GRAIMEN'S GARAGE

/-------------\
/ \
/-------------------\
I I
I :kitt: I
I I
I--------------------I

prairiecrow
Volunteer

Post by prairiecrow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I believe you are jumping to conclusions, Young Grasshopper. What we saw were some of KITT's automotive components (as I mentioned) -- not the computer components, which are where KITT's personality lies. That is the point I was attempting to make (perhaps not very well).

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:59 pm

knightny wrote:Enough is enough. I know how everyones opinions matter and all that but the reasons for the complaining are mostly so ridiculous. Some have merit but others are just plain immature.

How about this. Since a lot of you think you can do a better job at writing a script, then how about we see some material. I'd like to see the same people whio are complaining to post a basic story of how they would have written Knight Rider differently. Dont like the car? Dont like Mike Traceur? Dont like the plot? Dont like the casting? Ok fine, show us what youve got. I want to see a plot description, an explanation of how the car was built, what kind of car it would be, where Mike comes from, who would be cast in other roles and so on......

And of course WE can all criticize it and tell you if it's a good idea or not. You all seem to have already made up your minds and would not have liked the movie unless it had your own ideas. So lets see them.......

By the way, did anyone notice after the credits the name of the production company? "Dutch Oven". Ahhhh young hollywood.

Weeeeelllllllll......were waiting

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:17 pm

i like the way you think that is a good idea so yeah lets see all of the ideas you that are complaining about the movie i liked it tho some things are left un said as they should be they cant anwer everything about what happen in 25 all at one time they did a good job at the way they touched some thing and left some things unsaid and as for the thing of not seeing kitt he was there if you had watched closely enough you would have seen there was 2 trans ams in there 1 compleat and covered up and the other in pieces watch it again young grasshopper

prairiecrow
Volunteer

Post by prairiecrow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:22 pm

superman3010 wrote:i like the way you think that is a good idea so yeah lets see all of the ideas you that are complaining about the movie i liked it tho some things are left un said as they should be they cant anwer everything about what happen in 25 all at one time they did a good job at the way they touched some thing and left some things unsaid and as for the thing of not seeing kitt he was there if you had watched closely enough you would have seen there was 2 trans ams in there 1 compleat and covered up and the other in pieces watch it again young grasshopper
I repeat: We saw two cars. The cars are not KITT -- KITT is the microprocessor, which, as we have seen time and time again, can be removed from the car. Therefore, seeing the cars does not mean that KITT was present.

And that's the last whack I'm going to take at this particular dead horse. :D

EDITED TO ADD: Unless there was computer circuitry in the shots in question, and I just missed it. That's also possible. I was a bit distracted during the opening sequence of the show.

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:32 pm

there was a pass by shot on the table next to the cars that may or maynot have been the black box bonnie had put him in a few time but it went so quikly i cany be sure

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:19 pm

WARNING: The below story idea is sarcastic and WILL offend the religious but I'm saying it to show how ridiculous some may be about a SMALL portion of the show!
[sarcasm mode on]

In the beginning, Mike should have been shown with the two women and then the knocking on the door is followed by cops and a priest storming in. The priest says Mike is not married and he's with two women so the police arrest Mike for "deviant sexual behavior" and he's booked and then he is given the same treatment as a sex offender and has to register with them.

Sarah breaks him out of jail and when KITT finds out he at first refuses to work with such an immoral gentleman but Sarah convinces KITT to work with him to get her father back. KITT says to Sarah that she did the right thing in not going with Mike after he left her. That he probably had other women anyway and to forget about him.

The FBI agent is also arrested for the same thing, and that is where they both meet (Sarah breaks her out of jail too). The FBI agent travels with them so that she too has to hear everything KITT tells them.

Constantly through the show, KITT gives random Bible passages that talk about moral sexual behavior and proper conduct. He rarely gives any other information. He tells Mike he should not have sex until he's married and that since he's a sex offender he will not be able to have a relationship as he is too moral to do so. He is to forget about sex. Then KITT gives him more passages about sexual morality and reads him the PSALMS.

Then Mike meets his dad and finds out that his dad was not married when he was born. In fact, he finds that his dad then married someone ELSE a few years later who died at the altar. KITT hears and then takes off on his own never to be heard or seen since, because his programming says he should not obey immoral humans.

The show never makes it to series but all the parents are happy because it didn't make it to series and they had something to let their kids know how wrong it is to feel any affection towards anyone unless you buy a marriage license from the government. And you should be at least 21 to do so, even if the law says 18 because you aren't really an adult yet and shouldn't feel anything until the parents say you can and it better be for someone THEY approve of!

The end.

[/sarcasm mode off]
Seriously, I don't see any way to change the movie. It's fine the way it was! I liked it. And that's saying something because I remember NOT liking the original pilot, particularly what they were passing for a Trans Am. Then as I watched the original more and more I grown to love it. Already I love the pilot, the story and the car! So this is going to be a great show for sure!

I wouldn't change a thing except maybe ONE thing - MAKE A SERIES FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!! :)

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:31 pm

lmao...that's to funny but true.You will always get these righteous parents who think they are doing the world a favor looking for evil under every rock. It's sad Knight Rider has to be caught up with the political correct people of 2008. You know Michael Knight was a goody toe shoes that didn't do anything wrong,you know no drinking,no womanizing .....

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Whats even more funny is that nonbody has come in to post their own idea for the movie. Instead they have been continuing to start other topics bashing the movie. I am still waiting for a legit idea for what they felt the movie should be like. But I doubt they have the guts to do it cause they know they are not that creative.

And if they are not that creative then they should not be criticizing someone elses.

prairiecrow
Volunteer

Post by prairiecrow » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 pm

knightny wrote:Whats even more funny is that nonbody has come in to post their own idea for the movie. Instead they have been continuing to start other topics bashing the movie. I am still waiting for a legit idea for what they felt the movie should be like. But I doubt they have the guts to do it cause they know they are not that creative.

And if they are not that creative then they should not be criticizing someone elses.
In spite of the fact that I haven't really been bashing the movie anywhere else on the board, I'm going to stick my beak in for one more comment.

I have written scripts in the past. I had a series proposal accepted by Image Comics back in 1997 (but did not have the money free to take the time off of my regular freelance work to devote to bringing the project to fruition). I finished NaNoWriMo this year. Writing is part of what I do as a freelancer.

Yes, I could come up with something that would satisfy your requirements, of that I have no doubt. But the time that I spent drafting up a Knight Rider script proposal would be time that I could be spending doing my "real" work. That and the fact that it has been said that the producers of the series lurk on these boards, and I have no particular desire to potentially deliver a story concept to them for free.

I do hope you get some folks to take up your challenge, because I'd be very interested in seeing what other people have to say, if they're inclined to say it.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 pm

Good one FuzzieDice! :lol:

Only thing I would have added would to elaborate on the what happened to KITT, Michael, FLAG, etc, but theres only so much story you can do in 2 hours on television. That's why I hope we get a new series.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

Trekie386
Operative

Post by Trekie386 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Oh goodie... a challenge. I love a challenge. I watched the movie, twice, just to get the whole thing clear as last night I was not really into the whole concept and found something to dislike about almost every scene.

As a fanfiction writer and a person that despises plot holes and inconsistancies, I would change a lot. However, rather than change what we've all seen, I think I'm going to stick my hands into this pot and stir it up a bit and try to explain a lot of the plot holes.

It's one big project to tackle, and I'm not sure how quick I'll get it done, but I'll try. I love a challenge and want to see what I can do with this fiasco. At least I will try to expalin how (A) Mike Traceur came to be, (B) how Charles fits in with this whole mess and (C) what happened to the original KITT.

It's worth a shot and better than complaining.

Keep your eyes and scanners peeled.

~Beth C

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:20 am

They could keep the general concept and plot. To me it just needed a little more work, which couldn't be done unfortunately due to the strike. Though whether or not it would have been done, I dunno I'm getting tired of bringing up the issues I had, partially the script and much of the commercial aspect. But I didn't hate it like it seems a lot of new sign ups do, it's not surprising that all these people are coming out of the woodwork to *****. Even with my complaints I still think it's an 8/10, that might go up or down after I get some time to watch it again, I was going to do so tonight but I've had way too many distractions.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Uriel_Dagda
Stranger

Post by Uriel_Dagda » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:52 am

The problem with this is, while speculation and fanfics can go anywhere imagination can take us, actual writing for a series is much more difficult. Writers can come up with anything, but every show has a predetermined path and framework which the writers, and to a lesser extent, producers must adhere to. Some things just can't exist in the real show due to real life contractual limitations. Most likely, no matter how much the fans, producers, actors or writers want it, we won't ever see the Trans-Am version of KITT again. I doubt Ford or Pontiac will sign off on that.

As far as plot holes, I think that a lot of them were purposefully raised in this pilot, with the hopes of being revived as a series. What fun would it be to have a series if every little hole had been plugged up in the pilot, these are points that can be drawn over a season or two, a little bit at a time. And I really hope that is what happens, as it would be a great hook to keep me watching every week. I want to see more Hasselhoff and see more tying together of the two series--- especially more about how Mike Traceur came to be.. Was it a relationship that Michael was in when he got shot in the face? Was it before that? After that? How are they going to fit that into the original series timeline? I'd love to see that kind of stuff slowly come to light in the first season between the action sequences. Not all at once though.. It will give time for the writers to flesh it out more, which can make it an even deeper subplot.

Another thing I would love to see is an episode where Mike and KITT are somehow neutralized and captured, forcing Michael Knight to re-emerge, with the original KITT, to come save the day.. I seriously doubt that would happen, but it would be fun to see! :)

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 am

FuzzieDice wrote:WARNING: The below story idea is sarcastic and WILL offend the religious but I'm saying it to show how ridiculous some may be about a SMALL portion of the show!
[sarcasm mode on]

In the beginning, Mike should have been shown with the two women and then the knocking on the door is followed by cops and a priest storming in. The priest says Mike is not married and he's with two women so the police arrest Mike for "deviant sexual behavior" and he's booked and then he is given the same treatment as a sex offender and has to register with them.

Sarah breaks him out of jail and when KITT finds out he at first refuses to work with such an immoral gentleman but Sarah convinces KITT to work with him to get her father back. KITT says to Sarah that she did the right thing in not going with Mike after he left her. That he probably had other women anyway and to forget about him.

The FBI agent is also arrested for the same thing, and that is where they both meet (Sarah breaks her out of jail too). The FBI agent travels with them so that she too has to hear everything KITT tells them.

Constantly through the show, KITT gives random Bible passages that talk about moral sexual behavior and proper conduct. He rarely gives any other information. He tells Mike he should not have sex until he's married and that since he's a sex offender he will not be able to have a relationship as he is too moral to do so. He is to forget about sex. Then KITT gives him more passages about sexual morality and reads him the PSALMS.

Then Mike meets his dad and finds out that his dad was not married when he was born. In fact, he finds that his dad then married someone ELSE a few years later who died at the altar. KITT hears and then takes off on his own never to be heard or seen since, because his programming says he should not obey immoral humans.

The show never makes it to series but all the parents are happy because it didn't make it to series and they had something to let their kids know how wrong it is to feel any affection towards anyone unless you buy a marriage license from the government. And you should be at least 21 to do so, even if the law says 18 because you aren't really an adult yet and shouldn't feel anything until the parents say you can and it better be for someone THEY approve of!

The end.

[/sarcasm mode off]
Seriously, I don't see any way to change the movie. It's fine the way it was! I liked it. And that's saying something because I remember NOT liking the original pilot, particularly what they were passing for a Trans Am. Then as I watched the original more and more I grown to love it. Already I love the pilot, the story and the car! So this is going to be a great show for sure!

I wouldn't change a thing except maybe ONE thing - MAKE A SERIES FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!! :)

*SD_Chick trots in*

Okay, I'm religous but I thought that was funny as hell. Unfortunately, it would never air.

Um... what I'd change...
I think they trotted too many new characters in and out in the first hour. The lesbian agent, the twit she was working with that kept hitting on her, the old guy's body double, Mike's mom, the guy Mike was working with at his house... I lost track of people in about 20 minutes.
I'm not going to throw a fit over the fact that the agent was/is lesbian, I just thought that was sort of distracting and pointless. Kinda like a dude streaker at a chick burlesque show... it's not the point!!

I do like how they left a gap here and there to fill in later. Hopefully that wil be work for a series.

Yeah, back in my hole now.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:37 am

prairiecrow wrote:I will say this much: I would have fit in SOME explanation about where the original KITT has been all these years, and at least a hint of where he is now. KITT means a lot to fans of the original show. To pass him over without so much as a mention (and no, a couple of shots of his automotive components don't count, in my opinion) seemed a very odd decision to make.
But if they did that. Then they screw up a future story line. If this gets picked up as a show. They wanted to keep to the main plot with it being a Movie. It rated very well for NBC. So if this becomes a series. I'm sure it will be done at some point or another. Someone else even said. What if Pramethies (spl?) is the original KITT. Since his A.I. learned and evoloved so well over the years. Just sit back wait and see. I know we will find out if this is picked up as a regular show for NBC.

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:12 am

Tell you what Knightny....prove to me your network credentials first then I will be happy to write a great one that will get the ratings and have follow up episodes week after week. Care to make a lucrative wager???

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:16 am

optimus wrote:Tell you what Knightny....prove to me your network credentials first then I will be happy to write a great one that will get the ratings and have follow up episodes week after week. Care to make a lucrative wager???
let's see a work sample first, since you have no reputation at all (well, apart from defeating Megatron once in a while) :twisted:

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 am

What would you prefer for the original fans to do, just keep our mouths shut?? If we did that then this series would not make a foothold and this forum would practically die as well. It'd be alot like KITT's voice box....a dying heartbeat monitor.

They're going to have to either totally re-vamp that Mustang or toss it for a 2000 WS-6 Transam. Most shows feed off of marketing people or materials to make necessary money but nobody wants to buy a 30K car that can't outrun a cheaper SUV. Even adiautotech.com charges a high 30K for a turn-key 1982 KITT so get a 2000 that we can afford to buy and make it a KITT.

The original premiere had ALOT more bang for the buck with the cool dashboard with all these electrical readouts and keys that everyone wanted to read and see what it could do, electronic 4 or 5 (can't remember) stage start up, scanner with whistle sound , jet sound motor, going through a semi, jumping over one, ripping a wing off, giving Micheal a funny reason to get out of a ticket plus Michael's sheer will to get the job done while seriously injured, all of the action scenes from within the interior were real time NOT green screened, AND if this KITT is super AI then why the keyboard??? It's like wanting us to go back 20 years and start all-over again with far less WOW to begin with.

OH yeah, what's the use in showing this KITT to re-skin itself to black with black wheels then a minute later it's going through a parking garage with chrome wheels lol? It squeals tires on wet roads? While they were riding at night, Jason's sun-visor was down? then when KITT stopped on the bridge and he got out, it was up?

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:57 am

actually i would prefer if all of us original fans had an open mind... but this is not an option, is it?

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:58 am

LMAO,....hey, I tried my best but that gun really knocked me for a loop like when my medic got zapped through those electrical wires lol.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:06 am

Once again i guess you cannot comprehend. It's called nano technology. It goes into one mode when it travels really fast and than another under other conditions and please enough of the Trans am. Yes we all love the original Trans am but man you don't get it the car was marketed for the young gear heads of today not 1982. Blah...Blah....Blah..your going to say something immature like the ws6 will kill it,leave it in the dust..ok well I go down to the track and that's not how it goes. Every race is different and have many factors including the Driver. One day a ws6 will win another day a Mustang will win. So the heated who is better is a non issue in that on any given day any body can beat anybody.

optimus
Volunteer

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm

That's what I thought Kaine....Tell you what, if you can get the NBC execs to listen to a diehard original KR fan. I'll bet them 10K that my premiere would have beat theirs or a next week's revision would too and would have been a series following week, that is if they have the guts and money to listen.