Merchandising?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

corlando52
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Merchandising?

Post by corlando52 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Has anyone heard of any Merchandising of this new KITT? I wouldn't mind having a model, RC or slot car of it.
Also, anyone have a circuit for the new scanner, yet?
I know autoi is getting ready to sell the actual scanner, but I'd like to build one myself, maybe even in miniature for a scale model.
Chris

GN_WS6
Rookie

Re: Merchandising?

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:14 pm

I can't wait to see all of the new Mustangs with the scanner. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:45 pm

We'll have to see what happens when it goes to series. They didn't invest into merchandising if it's just for a one shot movie.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:40 pm

OK, how about this...has anyone seen a new Mustang model kitt (LOL) or slot car that can be turned into the new KITT. That's what I did back in 1982 when Knight Rider first came out and they didn't have the model out yet...I just bought an '82 TransAm kit(t) and modified it myself. I already had the circuit for the scanner.

Which brings me to the next question...Anyone have the circuit for the new scanner, yet?

Chris

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Wow what did you use for the dash? Did you somehow get a Kitt model dashboard and use that or did you make it yourself?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Wow what did you use for the dash? Did you somehow get a Kitt model dashboard and use that or did you make it yourself?
No, that's the original dash from the kit. I got my hands on a TV guide, and cut out pictures of little TV screens, and things that I thought would look like KITTs dash. It's not really accurate, but at the time it was the best I could do. If you notice the base, it is hiding a small cassette player, which I made voice activated. When you spoke to the car, or clapped, the scanner would turn on, and the cassette would start playing, first with the scanner "whoosh" sound, and then "I am the voice of the Knight Industries..." you know the rest. Then it would turn off. I actually won a model contest at a local hobby shop for this. I've since switched out the cassette player for a digital player. Takes a lot less room. The plaque on the bottom I made at work. I had sent away for the Knight Rider TV show promo and just copied all the info about KITT onto it.

Chris

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm

well there IS a model of the GT500 which is based on the current body.

and revell is doing a model of the same car in plastic. as far as i KNOW the only difference between the 500 and the 500KR is the hood (which has shelby style intakes where the K3K scanners fit into) and the rims/tires. and the side decals say GT500KR instead. other than that they are cosmetically the same as the regular GT500. maybe revell or matel (hot wheels owners) will get the rights :wink:.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks, Dave! I think the hood is going to be the hardest part to make. I guess I'll have to wait until they come out with a kit, or is there another kit I can get the hood from?

Chris

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

I've seen 1:64 Hot Wheels GT-500's painted black and being hocked on eBay already. The real GT-500KR isn't out yet but I bet there will be dicast soon.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 pm

I was reading from diecastcentral.co.uk that Shelby Collectibles will make the new Knight Rider model. In addition to Hotwheels, Autoart has the current GT500 model also in black with matte stripes in 1:18 scale.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:39 pm

I did a http://www.autoart.com, but this place only sells pictures, etc. I didn't see anything else. Is this the wrong website?

Chris

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:23 pm

corlando52 wrote:I did a http://www.autoart.com, but this place only sells pictures, etc. I didn't see anything else. Is this the wrong website?

Chris
Yes, it's wrong site. Here's the correct link:
http://www.aa-collection.com/cgi-bin/autoartshopping/

Here's direct link to their 1:18 Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500 model, I just now noticed it's an upcoming model, not current :/
http://www.aa-collection.com/cgi-bin/au ... 73054.html

Link to the Shelby Collectibles:
http://www.shopshelby.com/

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:36 pm

I know that there is a company that's taking preorders for KITT and the GT500KR, check over in the Creative Forums.
Turbo Boost, Baby!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:39 pm

TheMechanic wrote:I know that there is a company that's taking preorders for KITT and the GT500KR, check over in the Creative Forums.
I didn't see it. Do you have the exact link?
Thanks!

Chris

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Got It! Thanks! Quick question...the Mustang on diecastmuscle.com says Blue Stripes... ??????

Chris

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:09 pm

I definitely want a 1:18 "attack" K3K to go with my ertyl KITT (which is currently serving a tour with my 25th Anniversary GI Joe figures).

There is a line of 1:64 Shelby cars. I bought a 2007 Shelby GT from that (it's black with silver ralley stripping, has the same wheels as K3K, but the hood is different and has no spoiler). I'm going to send it to my little brother who collects HWs. At that scale, it's good enough for a kid.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:26 pm

KITTfan wrote:I was reading from diecastcentral.co.uk that Shelby Collectibles will make the new Knight Rider model. In addition to Hotwheels, Autoart has the current GT500 model also in black with matte stripes in 1:18 scale.
this does NOT surprise me as they sell a model of the GT500E aka movie Eleanor.
1967 Ford Mustang GT500E in 1/18 scale

as for the plastic version there is a resin hood that is identical to the GT500KR hood for the 05-up mustang model kits. I plan on getting that for a future project now i just need the rims/tires and the decals :mrgreen:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 am

I like the way you guys think.

Now I'm gonna run out and find me a Mustang GT500 model to turn into KITT3000.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:04 am

Dave Knight wrote:well there IS a model of the GT500 which is based on the current body.

and revell is doing a model of the same car in plastic. as far as i KNOW the only difference between the 500 and the 500KR is the hood (which has shelby style intakes where the K3K scanners fit into) and the rims/tires. and the side decals say GT500KR instead. other than that they are cosmetically the same as the regular GT500. maybe revell or matel (hot wheels owners) will get the rights :wink:.
The rear spoiler is different as well as the hood, if you look at the new KITT the spoiler is not as high as the normal GT500 or KR it has to be a custom piece. Hey corlando52 do you know where i could get a scanner for the original KITT to replace the one on my ertl 1:18 KITT please?
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey corlando52 do you know where i could get a scanner for the original KITT to replace the one on my ertl 1:18 KITT please?
Hi! I'm not sure...Did yours break? I don't know about 1/18th scale because I've only made the 1/24th and 1/32, but if you want to make one, just Google LED scanner and a bunch of places come up where you can buy the kit(t). It doesn't take much electronic savvy, just a good steady solder hand. You can make it any size you want, then. Usually, the kits are about $14.95 and includes LEDs of your color choice.
Did that help?

Chris
PS... I also have a schematic, but trying to find the parts individually isn't that easy anymore and ends up more expensive than the kit. Radio Shack used to stock the parts, but they're useless now.

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm gonna be doing 4 custom models.

'82 Trans-Am KITT and KARR

'07/'08 Mustang GT500 KITT and KARR

So those scanners will be perfect for my models.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:03 pm

WOW! All 1/18th. That's a nice, large scale. I wish someone would make a gas R/C of the original KITT that size!
I'd love to see pictures when you are done. If you need any other information about the scanners, I'd be glad to tell you anything I know.

Chris

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:40 am

Any help would be apprechiated.

I'm not set on the scale of them yet,pretty much what I can get my hands on locally.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 am

corlando52 wrote:
Hey corlando52 do you know where i could get a scanner for the original KITT to replace the one on my ertl 1:18 KITT please?
Hi! I'm not sure...Did yours break? I don't know about 1/18th scale because I've only made the 1/24th and 1/32, but if you want to make one, just Google LED scanner and a bunch of places come up where you can buy the kit(t). It doesn't take much electronic savvy, just a good steady solder hand. You can make it any size you want, then. Usually, the kits are about $14.95 and includes LEDs of your color choice.
Did that help?
No mine did not break i just want to make it better. Here is a video of the one i would like to get...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kitt- ... /189696084

Can you post any links on where to get any type of scanner like this please? I searched google with no success.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Knight6000
Recruit

Post by Knight6000 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:01 am

Same here Garth.I searched and searched but nothing.