Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
Bill.el.lider
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by Bill.el.lider » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm

TO BE FAIR.... With the producers: This isn't a rant, its a logical overview of last night " movie ", correct me if i am wrong. Also excuse my english, as you can probably tell, being from another country where spanish is our native language doesn't help. Okey, lets say we can get pass the abomination they use to replace the original car, and the fact they don't even retouched it a little so -as im sure they hope- could be for all intense and purposes an almost two hour long Ford comercial (with even the emblems present, we got it, okey?, its a Ford, and as I have previously said, i can live with that, but have you ever heard of smooth or subtle? remove the darn stickers, please!!!!)

1. It can't outrun an SUV? Come one people! At least RENT some of the original series DVD and watch them before writing the script... is wide known Kitt It's supposed to be the " fastest " (keyword : Fastest) vehicle in the Knight Rider universe, Hello?

2. What the hek happened with the "near-indestructible molecular bonded shell"? and don't expect me to believe the convenient line "simplier is better" because i'm not buying it, again, take a look to the original material at least once, before coming up with stuff like this. So the CPU goes off-line and the car could be damaged or worst just like a regular vehicle? (very smart thinking, isn't the creator suppose to be a genius?). If the formula existed before, why wouldn't they use the same armor? that doesn't make any kind of sense at all, its like the thing devolved instead of evolving in 26 years.... keep the nanites in a jar and give us the shell back.

3. It doesn't have turbo boost? (You can fix that later, i grant you that)

4. The interior people!!! The dashboard, i didn't expect the old one, but some kind of reminder that we are talking about the most advanced car in the world should be present at first glance when you enter the darn car, and what is the deal with the big Iphone-like screen on the side?, you include that and simply left the entire rest just like the original model... again, we get it's a Ford, really?

I just cannot explain HOW (im starting to think it was purposedly made), can this producers who i think are professionals made so many mistakes, don't they have "consultants"? i am not saying die-hard fans, just anyone resembling that capacity. I mean, i accept, expect and welcome changes, but stay within the preconceived universe once ruled by the Knight Rider

ALSO: You missed A GREAT oportunity to through us a bone (and compensate in some level for the disappointment we had to endure) after Michael met with his son, when he leaves, YOU COULD AT LEAST SHOW (even from a distance so no one can be sure) MICHAEL GETTING IN WHAT LOOKS LIKE TO BE THE OLD KITT AND DRIVE AWAY.... nobody thought of that? (just needed an exterior replica of the original one)

BY THE WAY, I KNOW THE PRODUCERS AND ETC. READ THIS FORUMS FOR FEEDBACK SO, there it is. I get it, i get it, you only had 26 years!!!!!!!!!!!! to plan the sequel so am i being a little rude aren't I, well, you made SOME things right, don't think we didn't notice, but you fail or should i dare to say, scr...w most of the projet, so FIX IT, then make it a serie and we will watch, because 12 M viewers will likely drop if things stay the way they are, i for sure will be one of them...

¡Saludos!
BILL

User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:26 pm

In the first chase scene, KITT could have outrun the SUV at any time but doing so would jeopardize the lives of the people in the car. They very specifically explained it.

Not everything needs to be explained to us. The nanotechnology does plenty of things that the MBS can't. Maybe they aren't compatible technologies.

If we saw Michael Knight step into KITT, that would have just opened up a ton more questions. Remember, this will most likely be a series. They will have plenty of time to go back and explain what has happened in the past 25 years.

Yes, it should have Turbo Boost.

We have heard from the builder of the car, we expect that more gadgets will be added to KITT and the interior will change.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Now after seeing this alot more people are agreeing about the Turbo Boost

knightny
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:20 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Wow....havent heard those commplaints before...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

spto
Volunteer
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by spto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Bill.el.lider wrote:
2. What the hek happened with the "near-indestructible molecular bonded shell"? and don't expect me to believe the convenient line "simplier is better" because i'm not buying it, again, take a look to the original material at least once, before coming up with stuff like this. So the CPU goes off-line and the car could be damaged or worst just like a regular vehicle? (very smart thinking, isn't the creator suppose to be a genius?). If the formula existed before, why wouldn't they use the same armor? that doesn't make any kind of sense at all, its like the thing devolved instead of evolving in 26 years.... keep the nanites in a jar and give us the shell back.


I actually liked that. Look how much trouble they went through allow that to happen though. KITT had to completely shut down his computer system. I view the new shielding as something akin to a firewall. KITT's programming is the firewall and if it's down then he's vulnerable to everything a regular car is. It adds some realism and "real science" to the indestructable car concept.

loybond
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:In the first chase scene, KITT could have outrun the SUV at any time but doing so would jeopardize the lives of the people in the car. They very specifically explained it.

Not everything needs to be explained to us. The nanotechnology does plenty of things that the MBS can't. Maybe they aren't compatible technologies.

If we saw Michael Knight step into KITT, that would have just opened up a ton more questions. Remember, this will most likely be a series. They will have plenty of time to go back and explain what has happened in the past 25 years.

Yes, it should have Turbo Boost.

We have heard from the builder of the car, we expect that more gadgets will be added to KITT and the interior will change.


KITT didn't say that outrunning the SUV would jeapordize the lives of those in the SUV, he said that if he took the next turnoff coming up shortly, THEN the people in the SUV might not survive. The world of Knight Rider is a make-believe world, one more fantastic and imaginitive than our real one. However, in the real world, any sports car should easily be able to outrun a 5000-pound SUV on a twisty road, for two reasons. Not only would it accelerate faster and maintain a faster rate of speed, it would be much, much faster through the turns. That, after all, is what makes sports cars unique from others (plenty of fast cars are available, heck, the latest V6 Camrys and Accords can run 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, but can they keep up with a better handling car on a track, no!). So if KITT has trouble evading people in a pursuing SUV, what would happen if he were trying to evade someone in something faster (almost anything is faster). And for people who are arguing the whole 2-hour commercial thing, argue this... are all of the cars you see on the road brand new, shiny Ford or Ford-owned products? Heck no! Seriously, the producers were more concerned with product placement and all than really making a good show. Even the in-show music was really misplaced and inappropriate. Knight Rider almost pioneered the concept of popular music in the show, so why can't they take it a step further? Even a cheeseball show like the OC uses lots of popular music.

You say the nanotechnology does plenty of things the MBS didn't? Changing colours and morphing? That's great and all, but wouldn't you say that its more important to have KITT protect its occupants at all times than that stuff? I mean, the fact that KITT can be vulnerable, and can be hacked right away, doesn't say much about KITT. When we saw the original KITT, it gave us the feeling of being in a bomb shelter... nothing could harm you while you were inside. And if you ask me, even the original shots of bullets bouncing off the old KITT look a lot cooler than the cheesy CG effects of the bullets damaging the metal, then the metal healing.

User avatar
superman3010
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm

well to start with i am probly the biggest KR fan out there i know every show just about by heart from the first to the last one and i loved the new nano based computer it fits now jus like the MBS fit then stop complaining and just watch it and the people who made the KR08 movie one of then was glenn larson the guy that made the first knight rider in 82 the thing is you are looking for thing that just cant happen

and yes turbo boost is a must have in K.I.T.T. but they cant show us all the thing he can do all at one time look how they did with the first K.I.T.T. they made you wounder ("what can he do next?") so just wait and see i will be willing to bet that the new K.I.T.T.will end up being 100 times better than the old K.I.T.T.

loybond
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 pm

spto wrote:
Bill.el.lider wrote:
2. What the hek happened with the "near-indestructible molecular bonded shell"? and don't expect me to believe the convenient line "simplier is better" because i'm not buying it, again, take a look to the original material at least once, before coming up with stuff like this. So the CPU goes off-line and the car could be damaged or worst just like a regular vehicle? (very smart thinking, isn't the creator suppose to be a genius?). If the formula existed before, why wouldn't they use the same armor? that doesn't make any kind of sense at all, its like the thing devolved instead of evolving in 26 years.... keep the nanites in a jar and give us the shell back.


I actually liked that. Look how much trouble they went through allow that to happen though. KITT had to completely shut down his computer system. I view the new shielding as something akin to a firewall. KITT's programming is the firewall and if it's down then he's vulnerable to everything a regular car is. It adds some realism and "real science" to the indestructable car concept.


KITT wasn't indestructible, he was NEAR-indestructible. We saw him damaged a few times, didn't we? Real science, you say? You do know that bulletproof cars have been around for decades right? You can actually buy a BMW from a dealership that is bulletproof, they're called Protection models. The glass and all is bulletproof. It can take a hit from a sledgehammer and all. So why is it not in the boundaries of "real science" that KITT was/can be a step up from that?

spto
Volunteer
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by spto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Well obviously I know that and I do know the original KITT could be damaged and that's what happened last night. When the nanotech computer was off it was just a regular car without any protection because obviously Graiman didn't think that would happen (computer having to be shut down) That's pretty realistic to me.

I bet this KITT will be similar to the old one and be able to take rocket launcher shots as well so it's not like this car is weaker.

loybond
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:10 pm

spto wrote:Well obviously I know that and I do know the original KITT could be damaged and that's what happened last night. When the nanotech computer was off it was just a regular car without any protection because obviously Graiman didn't think that would happen (computer having to be shut down) That's pretty realistic to me.

I bet this KITT will be similar to the old one and be able to take rocket launcher shots as well so it's not like this car is weaker.


If the nanotechnology worked, it would be similar. But shouldn't it be better, after 26 years of advancement? And it doesn't work. The car's firewalls were so easy to crack. They weren't able to crack the encryption on the hard drives, but they were able to on KITT? And here's a plot hole... they tried to explain how they cracked KITT's firewalls by saying that they had access to KITT's blueprints etc. when they stole the hard drives. BUT THE HARD DRIVES WEREN'T CRACKED!!!!??!

loybond
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Bill.el.lider wrote:TO BE FAIR.... With the producers: This isn't a rant, its a logical overview of last night " movie ", correct me if i am wrong. Also excuse my english, as you can probably tell, being from another country where spanish is our native language doesn't help. Okey, lets say we can get pass the abomination they use to replace the original car, and the fact they don't even retouched it a little so -as im sure they hope- could be for all intense and purposes an almost two hour long Ford comercial (with even the emblems present, we got it, okey?, its a Ford, and as I have previously said, i can live with that, but have you ever heard of smooth or subtle? remove the darn stickers, please!!!!)

1. It can't outrun an SUV? Come one people! At least RENT some of the original series DVD and watch them before writing the script... is wide known Kitt It's supposed to be the " fastest " (keyword : Fastest) vehicle in the Knight Rider universe, Hello?

2. What the hek happened with the "near-indestructible molecular bonded shell"? and don't expect me to believe the convenient line "simplier is better" because i'm not buying it, again, take a look to the original material at least once, before coming up with stuff like this. So the CPU goes off-line and the car could be damaged or worst just like a regular vehicle? (very smart thinking, isn't the creator suppose to be a genius?). If the formula existed before, why wouldn't they use the same armor? that doesn't make any kind of sense at all, its like the thing devolved instead of evolving in 26 years.... keep the nanites in a jar and give us the shell back.

3. It doesn't have turbo boost? (You can fix that later, i grant you that)

4. The interior people!!! The dashboard, i didn't expect the old one, but some kind of reminder that we are talking about the most advanced car in the world should be present at first glance when you enter the darn car, and what is the deal with the big Iphone-like screen on the side?, you include that and simply left the entire rest just like the original model... again, we get it's a Ford, really?

I just cannot explain HOW (im starting to think it was purposedly made), can this producers who i think are professionals made so many mistakes, don't they have "consultants"? i am not saying die-hard fans, just anyone resembling that capacity. I mean, i accept, expect and welcome changes, but stay within the preconceived universe once ruled by the Knight Rider

ALSO: You missed A GREAT oportunity to through us a bone (and compensate in some level for the disappointment we had to endure) after Michael met with his son, when he leaves, YOU COULD AT LEAST SHOW (even from a distance so no one can be sure) MICHAEL GETTING IN WHAT LOOKS LIKE TO BE THE OLD KITT AND DRIVE AWAY.... nobody thought of that? (just needed an exterior replica of the original one)

BY THE WAY, I KNOW THE PRODUCERS AND ETC. READ THIS FORUMS FOR FEEDBACK SO, there it is. I get it, i get it, you only had 26 years!!!!!!!!!!!! to plan the sequel so am i being a little rude aren't I, well, you made SOME things right, don't think we didn't notice, but you fail or should i dare to say, scr...w most of the projet, so FIX IT, then make it a serie and we will watch, because 12 M viewers will likely drop if things stay the way they are, i for sure will be one of them...

¡Saludos!
BILL


Sniff.. sniff... do i smell... plagiarism? Maybe not, but your ideas are really similar to mine.


viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=11025

magnum5
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by magnum5 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Looks like everyone missed the part where they mentioned not all the systems have been tested yet. KITT even showed a list of what has been and what hasn't been tested.

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 am

Re: Can live with the car, BUT, producers respectfully READ THIS

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 pm

magnum5 wrote:Looks like everyone missed the part where they mentioned not all the systems have been tested yet. KITT even showed a list of what has been and what hasn't been tested.


Exactly! I agree 100%. There were alot of untested systems on the Knight 3000. You could almost say that he is the new K.A.R.R. Just that he was given the proper programing to preserve human life. He is the prototype of the Knight 3000 series.

Locked