Comparing new to old KITT and not making sense

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ckeller22
Operative

Comparing new to old KITT and not making sense

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:10 pm

I am reposting something a said in another thread concerning KITT 3000 and KITT 2000. So many complain about KITT 3000 being hacked into blah blah blah....Well if you were a real Knight Rider fan you would Know that KITT was hacked into by a kid with a Commodore 64 so how could you cry about KITT 3000 being hacked into when his specs were stolen.
KITT 3000 could get damaged not a supercar blah blah blah.. How many times in the original did KITT get tampered with and or destroyed.OH yea KITT in the original needed to be towed back at the end didn't see the 3000 towed.I love the original KITT and the original series and watch it all the time but if your going to post make sure you have the facts before you bash.It seems like some posting negatively know little about the original probably caught a few on re runs. Please before trying to compare a show that is set in two different era's go buy the DVD's and watch them and take notes each episode maybe you'll be surprised on what really happened.

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Comparing new to old KITT and not making sense

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:11 pm

The new show sucked. KITT was towed back only for the purpose of comic relief. To say that "Micheal Knight was the only person who could break an unbreakable car". End of discussion. :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:25 pm

GN_WS6 wrote:The new show sucked. KITT was towed back only for the purpose of comic relief. To say that "Micheal Knight was the only person who could break an unbreakable car". End of discussion. :kitt:
since this is a board for discussions and you don't want to discuss anything, why don't you just leave... please

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:39 pm

My problem with the hacking is that it was illogical in the sense that KITT should have been able to cut off all wireless communication. There might have been a line about how he was unable to do it but it's still silly. Which episode was it where KITT was hacked by a Commadore64? His specs were stolen but I thought they mentioned that the data wasn't accessed? Or was that just regarding the other projects?

I didn't have any problem with the bullets and the car absorbing the impact, that was a good thing but weird that "attack mode" would increase the durability to negate that. But making the system totally reliant on KITT being on all the time seems like a major weakness and maybe the David Andron thought it would opening to some sort of suspense though we all know the main characters are never going to get killed off that way so it really doesn't work. The events that really caused the original KITT's damage, aside from the driving through the private jet's wing and subsequent towing in the pilot was, as much as I hate to agree with a full out hater, done largely for comedic effect as GN_WS6 said. Anyway, the things that caused major damage to KITT for those "rebuilding montages" were much different than was happened during the new TV movie. The new car would be in even worse shape if the new KITT got knocked offline. If anything a back up system would really needs to be put in place for this sort of thing.

Even with the issues I have I still liked it enough to where I hope a new series comes about, there's certainly potential as long as the writers don't screw it up. I think they do need to go back and watch the original series again and pay a bit more attention. I'm still not at all against ignoring KR2000 completely, I hope they do because there's nothing of value in keeping it.

I'm going to watch it again tonight, hopefully with no annoying distractions as I ended up having last night with my mother coming over and annoying the hell out of me.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:58 pm

KITT must be powered by Winblows. Just shutdown the machine so it won't be compromised, sounds very similar.