I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GN_WS6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:57 pm

The movie was complete dog sh^t. Hasslehoff was in it for a whole 3 minutes. The real KITT was only in it for about the same length, but he was basically in pieces. The plot sucked, the storyline sucked, the acting wasn't all there, etc, etc..

The Mustang (I refuse to refer to it as KITT) didn't have the personality like the real KITT did either. Though I think I kinda liked Val Kilmers voice better than William Daniels, lines like, "You.. are.. sad." and others similar had me rolling my eyes. The Mustang would change from a GT500 into a standard GT when it went into "camo mode" or whatever. The Mustangs' armor was infused into its computer, unlike how it was with the T/A, where it was sprayed onto the entire structure like paint aka "molecular bondage shell". KITT's engine is TPI, which didn't go online until 1985. KITT was an '82 T/A...

22 minutes into it I felt sick to my stomach and I stll have that feeling now about it. I only kept watching it to see if they would show the T/A again and what "The Hoff's" role would be in this disaster. In all honesty, it was actually WORSE than I thought it would be. Hell, the original deserves 4 Oscars, 2 Emmys and 3 Golden Globes compared to this piece of crap, which deserves to be thrown into a garbage truck, crushed and forgotten.. While I'm at it KR 2000 (1991) was a much better effort than this. And yes, I'm serious.. At least with KR 2000, there was MORE of a connection to the original series and it made you feel a lot more sentimental of the series and the K.I 2000. This was just like, "oh, thank God it's not another T/A, blah blah blah, Ford's the best, we had to make sure we got some hinted lesbianism in there and Micheal Knights son is a big douche bag"

Whats with the 550hp Mustang not being able to outrun a Ford Edge or an '03 Yukon Denali anyway? :roll:

I mean, I didn't expect Shakespeare, but I mean c'mon! I didn't expect Micheal Knight to show up in a leather jacket and a fro either. lol. But in this p.o.s, they made it out that only one guy (who's approx 65 years old) designed AND assembled the original KITT and this Mustang thingy by himself in the garage that's attached to his house. That's not even close to being accurate to the original.. Later in the show when this person reveals to someone that he built another KITT, her response was, "It's not another Trans Am, is it?" He's like, "No, it's a Mustang." (Which they remind you of over and over and over and over again by zooming in on its Shelby badges and such.) Mike Tracuer's mom then shows a sign of relief on her face after hearing this... :evil:

I think I might go pop in the original just to try to make this migraine go away. You guys seriously have no idea what a total hunk of sh^t this movie was, for those that haven't seen it yet. I feel like the Angry Nintendo Nerd discussing Friday the 13th for Nintendo. Just imagine the worst movie you've ever watched.... it's worse than that.

All Ford biases aside, it's really that awful of a show. If it comes on again, do yourself a favor and change the channel, ASAP!!

KR 1982>KR 2008 ... all day long! :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 pm

..not to mention that "KITT" had no real gadgets or any real talent to speak of, either.

99transamgirl
Volunteer

Post by 99transamgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 pm

:kitt: agree. there's only one KITT in my opinion. He'll always be the trans am. I still think that car is cool. I own two 80's and a 99. they should have given the new one another name. I still don't like the ford.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:37 pm

99transamgirl wrote::kitt: agree. there's only one KITT in my opinion. He'll always be the trans am. I still think that car is cool. I own two 80's and a 99. they should have given the new one another name. I still don't like the ford.

Ditto. I have an '02 WS6 and most of my friends have T/A's from all generations, so there ya go!

I think while they're at it, they should remake Smokey and the Bandit with a Mustang, Bullitt with a new Camaro, and another Vanishing Point with a new Nissan GT-R. :roll:

Ford just saw this as a 2 hour plug for thier new models and they took it. The original pilot and even KR2K had more of a backbone for a plot and storyline.

99transamgirl
Volunteer

Post by 99transamgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:46 pm

It's funny how a lot of people on this site like the movie and on knight registries they don't like it. :kitt:

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I think the people on this site just support it because it's titled "Knight Rider" and they're just happy to watch new episodes. I honestly can't think of any of the origianl episodes I liked less than this heap. I understand that its the first episode (hopefully last) but so was Knight of the Phoenix. KOTP is over 25 years old and its still more believable and entertaining that what I watched last night. And they even had Ford to back them too. Pontiac didn't back the original series. They more or less told Glen Larson, "here's your 2 Trans Ams, now go away, we didn't give these to you.." As a matter of fact, halfway through the first season they told NBC to STOP reffring to KITT as a Trans Am because they didnt offer a "Knight Rider package" that customers were asking for.. :kitt:

pdjfunk
Stranger

Post by pdjfunk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:42 pm

I would have written my own blog, but you hit it on the head. :?

The show was cheesy and the commercials were longer than the show. I thought I was watching a Ford promo commercial. :x

Like most others, I thought they should have used a similar car as the old show, like a new camaro or something, but after the intitial shock of seeing KITT as a mustang, I did grow on me. I have to admit I'm not a Mustang fan, but thought it was okay... except the fact that FORD used the show as a big promo commercial. If you take away the commercials and product placement, there wasn't any substance, less story and even less mojo.

Anyone else like a car chase where a 500hp+ mustang can't outdrive an minivan EDGE? Nice of ford to make the edge able to break and stop in front of a semi doing 60mph+ around corners.

Deanna was cute, but didn't hit the mark. Her performance wasn't believeable at all. Laughing, smiling when her dad was missing and thought dead? She was like a wet noodle.
Sorry Val, I think your a great actor, but KITT had NO personality at all. Too bad, so sad....

It was so outrageously horrible, anyone else who says differently either worked on the show or never saw the originals.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:49 pm

We don't know what level of help Charles had with building the new KITT, nor how long it took him. Is it any less realistic than a bunch of street thugs secretly turning the Trans Am into a convertible, in less than a day, without Bonnie noticing? Because that's the level of logic we had with the original series.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Alexandre Daigle
Volunteer

Hold up haters...

Post by Alexandre Daigle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:55 pm

It's not because we say 'O.K. go ahead and make more of these' that it means we're in love with what we saw.

We're probably just as in love with the original series as you are, and maybe it's true it blinds us a bit and makes us want to see more KR, even though it wouldn't be in the same form as what we used to see. That's probably all it is.

And, I easily could've written the same thing you did about Bay's TF after only one viewing but then I stuck with it a bit and saw more positives everytime.

But when you write something like : 'the '91 movie was better' I go :'WOW' I mean, calling anything better than that thing is a cardinal sin in my view. I guess we should agree to disagree on that one.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:18 pm

The '91 movie WAS better than last nights rubbish and here's why..

1. KR2K used a Pontiac Banshee concept car ala Trans Am. Not a Mustang
2. Lack of backround/history. Devon and Micheal were both still in KR2K, but both played major roles. I realize the Devon died in that installment and even the actor Edward Mulhare passed away himself some time back, but NO reference was made to him at all. They also showed flashbacks of the series too, where Devon and Mike were toasting on the plane, KITT cruising around, etc. They mention Wilton Knight twice in the new 1. Didn't really even delve into who he was or what the Knight Foundation was for the younger viewers, though. :roll:
3. I never even heard of the character Charlie.. whatever. He sure as Hell didnt create the real KITT by himself. The 1982 pilot alone will attest to that..
4. Hasselhoff was only in it for a whole 3 minutes at the very end. Just to say, "I'm Micheal Knight, Your mom was a good woman, you're supposed to drive the new KITT, see you around, peace out." (basically) Give me a break..
5. KITT (the T/A) had a TPI motor in it. KITT was an '82 and TPI didnt go online until 1985. After the goons who discover both "KITTs" the one later says, "urban legend says Wilton Knight created a car that had AI.." Um, you were just staring at it the night before, tool.. :roll:
6. KR2K wasn't a commercial for a major automaker. They used primarily GM vehicles, but they didn't shove it into your face either..
7. KIFT actually had power. If you stepped on the gas, he would actually EVADE the bad guys. Unlike the 550hp GT500 that couldn't outrun an SUV or a crossover vehicle..

I could go on and on. I'm not saying KR2K was GREAT, but it was MUCH better than what was on tv last night..

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:33 pm

I am a big fan of the classic KR, but this one just made me gag. I fell asleep 1/2 way into it. I was extremely disappointed in the story, directing and acting was sub-par. To me the entire two hours was more or less a freaking extended Ford commercial. NBC go to hell for killing this one.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:49 pm

1. KR2K wasn't a Pontiac Banshee. It was a Dodge Stealth knocking off a Pontiac Banshee.

2. They are setting this series apart from the previous while still maintaining legacy. They aren't going to include every character because thats just going to please 10% of the viewing audience. That is something they will build on in the future, no doubt.

3. Right - but we never heard of the three scientist for MBS (Von Voorman, Breeland and Yamata) until it was convient for the script to show them. That level of mythos wasn't in the original Pilot - so why would you expect it here? That stuff came later in the Original - it will come later here as well.

4. Again, this isn't about Hasselhoff - it's about passing the torch. Hasselhoff did a great job in taking over for Wilton "One man can make a difference" - and it left it open for the future.

5. No one said that the car with the hood off was KITT. If you look at the shot from the ceiling - you can see several vechicles in the garage. One being an intact Knight 2000.

6. Perhaps if it was, it wouldn't suck so hard. I don't know what show you were watching, but my feed advertised Ford, Mazda, Toyata and Honda.000000...

7. He was going around a crowded windy mountain pass, and didn't want to injure other people on the road. Were you watching? They said as much in the dialog.

It is really hard with all these new negative posters that just created their accounts today, we'd love for you to be positive members of the community - instead of coming off like flaming as most of you are. I'd ask you to be a bit more constructive and read some of the previous discussions (hundreds) on this movie before you came here. We value your opinion, but we'd appreciate it didn't come off so troll like.

http://shadowyflight.com/newnbc/kitt_complete.jpg

Apollo
Volunteer

Post by Apollo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Yeah there are some things that I didn't like about the show but reading all this negativity is making me passionately defend the show, more so than it actually deserves. But it does not deserve this level of hate. It was Pilot, the producer has already said they'll be able to show more and do alot more in a series. And with the feedback they have now, I'm sure a series of episodes will make up for the disappointments suffered by some.

But at the end of the day, we're Knight Rider fans so show some faith people or go back to watching American Idol.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm

neps wrote

"No one said that the car with the hood off was KITT. If you look at the shot from the ceiling - you can see several vechicles in the garage. One being an intact Knight 2000."

Thank you for mentioning that, I thought I was going crazy.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Apollo wrote:Yeah there are some things that I didn't like about the show but reading all this negativity is making me passionately defend the show, more so than it actually deserves. But it does not deserve this level of hate. It was Pilot, the producer has already said they'll be able to show more and do alot more in a series. And with the feedback they have now, I'm sure a series of episodes will make up for the disappointments suffered by some.

But at the end of the day, we're Knight Rider fans so show some faith people or go back to watching American Idol.
Agreed. I definitely thought the movie was a bit lacking in action and fun, but there's still LOTS of potential here for a good series.

It's hardly the mega-disaster the OP makes it out to be. And it's lightyears better than KR2000 and TKR. Anyone who actually thinks that red car was cooler than this Mustang needs to have their sanity checked.

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm a die-hard KR fan also and don't take it wrong guys, but this is a premier for god-sake; come out with a bang. I guess the script must have been written by amateur during the writer's strike.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Nismo wrote:I'm a die-hard KR fan also and don't take it wrong guys, but this is a premier for god-sake; come out with a bang. I guess the script must have been written by amateur during the writer's strike.
Agreed. I'm sick of the "It was just the pilot, give it a chance".

Knight of the Phoenix was written in 1982, was the pilot for the original and it was WAYY better than this new one. If anything you would think the new, updated "more hip 2008" version would by far be better than something that was a hit back when M*A*S*H was a hit show. If you like the new one better than the old one, get checked you may be retarded. :lol:

TheHead
Volunteer

Post by TheHead » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Right, can i just start by saying that, yes, this is my first time on this site - purely because of the new Pilot episode.

I've been a fan of Knight Rider since i was a kid - im 28 now - and having not seen many episodes in recent years, i can't say that im as die hard a fan as some of you guys, but i am still a fan....which gives me as much right as anyone else to voice concerns or give credit where it is due.

I think we can all agree that this new "sequel" to the original series is very different....but wasn't that expected?
For all the folks on this board who are kicking up a fuss because the new show is not like the old one really need to get a grip on reality!
The original show began over 20 years ago....MANY things have changed in that time, im sure you will have noticed, so doesnt that mean a new show, albeit with the same name, will be different, too?
As i said, this show can be deemed as a sequel to the original with, as someone said above, the passing of the torch from one Michael Knight to another.
Why is this difficult to understand?

The car - yes, this could be looked upon as a big piece of marketing for Ford, but, please, tell me which tv show, movie, book, or whatever, these days does not include some sort of endorsement for a product?
Someone mentioned the Transformers movie (which, if you will remember, was the reason for the makers of this show to decide to go ahead with it)....wasnt that movie full of vehicles? Couldnt that be classed as an advert for those?
We are now into 2008 and the makers NEEDED to use a vehicle that, while looking very cool, would appeal to the main demographic - the 18-30 year old age group....and what better, affordable, car than a Mustang?
Do any of you honestly think that any company would get away with making a tv show based in 2008 but use a car from the 1980's???
Come on, use some common sense!
Again, yes it might seem like an ad for Ford, but you'd be hard pushed to find a show on tv these days which doesnt incorporate some sort of product placement!

About the use of David Hasslehoff....this show was never going to have him as the star!
If you think about it properly, there's no way it could have had him as the star - he just wouldnt have drawn in the demographic i mentioned earlier....the show would have appealed to hardcore fans, and thats it!
As said above, this show needed to "pass the torch" to the new generation of characters - hence why the Hoff's appearance was only required for "3 minutes".
We all witnessed that, while good for the hardcore fan, using TOO much of original source material didnt do too much good for the Knight Rider 2010 show.

There is a lot more i would like to say on the matters listed previously, but i really dont have time at the moment...which im not too happy about as there are a few comments i'd like to fire back at....

I, for one, would like to say that, for what it was, maybe a little cheesy in places, i thought the new show wasn't too bad.....and, unlike some other "fans", i am glad to see Knight Rider back on tv.
It's something our screens need.....then again, maybe the "fans" who have posted above are stuck in the 80's and need brought into the 21st century.
Either that, or they have had their minds diluted by all the reality tv shows on nowadays....a little bit of light entertainment involving a cool car doesnt do anyone any harm!!

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 pm

you guys are crazy this movie was great it was in true KNIGHT RIDER form and the reason micheal knight was only in 3 minutes as you all say it was not about him it was about his son and the NEW KITT not the first KITT but please dont get me wrong i have all 4 of the knight rider sessions on dvd and i am prolly the biggest og KR fans that is out there but you have to understand that they are looking for new fans not just us but also they should have changed the voice and the car and if you will take the time and re watch it you will see that the first kitt is in it and there is also another trans am sitting right next to it :kittx: :kittconv2:

kitt1987
Recruit

Post by kitt1987 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah I'm part of the camp that feels the necessity to defend the movie. It maybe wasn't the best, but in my opinion it's the best made-for-tv movie I've seen in YEARS!. Not to mention that there IS a lot of potential here!
Who honestly cares that KITT isn't a Pontiac or any other GM car???? It's the artificial intelligence inside the car that makes the difference! At least the producers made the car BLACK unlike that travesty KR2000.
In a rebuttle to everyone complaining about Ford advertising, let me refer you all to the end credits of the original series were it stated "automobiles supplied by PONTIAC MOTOR DIVISION....also GM did a TON of advertising back then during the initial movie and first few eps as well! So PLEASE quit trying to fan the flames of yesteryear and please step up to the present so we can look ahead to the future and potential new series. My God you're damned if you do or damned if you don't when it comes to these old campy series. tsk tsk!

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:29 pm

My gripe was the whole script/plot of the movie. Not to mention the bad acting.

I never said anything about making David Hasselhoff, who's now in is early 50s, the main star of the show. He's too old for that role now, no sh*t. I just said I wished he would've had a bigger part than what he did. Meaning being in it for more than 3 miinutes at the end of the movie?

I never said anything about re-using a 1982 Trans Am. A newer 2002 version would've been more "proper" or even a new Corvette would've fit the bill better than the Mustang did.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:30 pm

GN_WS6,

I'm getting a little tired of reading your flaming negative crap. You are most definitely probably the only one who actually thinks Knight Rider 2000 was a better movie than the backdoor pilot, and nothing you've pointed out has me convinced that you're objectively comparing the movies as opposed to simply hating on the new production. Every point you made supporting KR2K has 10 negative points to counter it. You didn't like the new telepic, that's fine and it sucks for you. In all honesty I wish you could have enjoyed it. But, you're using this forum to spew your venom, however, and that's not fine.

I don't know what it is with some of these 4th generation Trans Am owners, but they seem to be a particular breed of ass around here (no, not all of you). Hopefully most of these haters either won't hang around here long or will more cordially discuss their opinions from now on.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

spto
Volunteer

Post by spto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 pm

I too would've preferred something like a Corvette but in parts of the movie the mustang looked very sleek and I liked it. Although it seems to me it originally had a racing stripe and they painted over it...Well that' the way it looks to me.

Overall though, I can live with the Mustang.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Lost Knight wrote:GN_WS6,

I'm getting a little tired of reading your flaming negative crap. You are most definitely probably the only one who actually thinks Knight Rider 2000 was a better movie than the backdoor pilot, and nothing you've pointed out has me convinced that you're objectively comparing the movies as opposed to simply hating on the new production. Every point you made supporting KR2K has 10 negative points to counter it. You didn't like the new telepic, that's fine and it sucks for you. In all honesty I wish you could have enjoyed it. But, you're using this forum to spew your venom, however, and that's not fine.

I don't know what it is with some of these 4th generation Trans Am owners, but they seem to be a particular breed of ass around here (no, not all of you). Hopefully most of these haters either won't hang around here long or will more cordially discuss their opinions from now on.
KR2K was better than whatever that was I watched last night. I always thought KR2K was rather lame, but after I watched the "new KR" it made KR2K look like the original pilot. Thats how God awful it was. I went in totally neutrel minded but after the 3rd commercial break I seriously felt like I was going to throw up. There hasn't been anything in the history of film that I've ever watched that made me want to vomit, except for this new pilot. That's pretty sad. It's even worse when I have to pop in the one from 1982 to make everything ok again. It wasn't the Mustang that made it awful. It wasn't so much the lack of "The Hoff" or the T/A. It was the complete cheesiness of it. The lack of writing skill, the poor acting, etc. Granted, it was "just the pilot", it was to test the water or whatever, but to live up to the legacy of the original, it seems like they weren't trying very hard either.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Why is it so hard to understand that using a car THAT IS NO LONG IN PRODUCTION is not an option in the least bit? It would have been not only more expensive but then they would have to find all these cars to use and pay for each one. They STILL would need permission from GM/Pontiac to use them and they would STILL say no because they weren't making them so there would be no benefit for their doing so. Instead of making yet another topic bitching about the car being used, why don't you look around a little and find topics here that were made and STILL somewhat active regarding the car choice?

And before ever mentioning the Corvette, take five seconds and consider the fact that Corvettes are two seaters! A car with no back seat is NOT AN OPTION!
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: