I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:22 am

Looks like someone didnt pay as much attention to the show as they try to make out!

GN_WS6 - If you are going to berate something, at least understand it first, without asking all these questions which, as Kaine mentioned, were mostly answered in the show itself!

User avatar
Behemoth
Recruit
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Cornwall - UK
Contact:

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by Behemoth » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:45 am

I'm hearing way too many cries of "Oh it wasn't done like that in the classic series"

Thats half the trouble, far far too many people I see moaning about quite frankly what I call a great come back for Knight Rider is that they are comparing new to the old.

If you'd sat down and watched it with an open mind you'd have enjoyed it so much more. You will never get anything like the classic series, Knight Rider needs to move on. If it doesn't move on then it will fail. Remeber that the people making this have to get this to appeal two types of people.

Firstly, new fans, it needs to be fresh, modern and moves with a pace that suits the world we live in now, but on the flip side, they have to keep enough links to the classic series in there, and the charm so that they keep old fans intersted aswell.

Now the sad thing is you can't please everybody all of the time and everyone else some of the time. It just doesn't work like that.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:52 am

To the original poster, I stopped reading your post by the end of the first paragraph. I'm not trying to be condescending but you offer up the same reasons that most of the trolls at IMDB use ie hate it cos hasselhoff was in it for a few mins and so was the original kitt etc.

I'm not calling you a troll, let's get that straight, it's just that your post didn't captivate me or offer anything original for me to keep reading. Sorry.

The point of the new show is to offer something NEW while still keeping to the same basic idea.

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:39 am

Skav wrote:The point of the new show is to offer something NEW while still keeping to the same basic idea.


Here, here.....well said that man.... :)

alan6271
Stranger
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by alan6271 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:16 am

Whats with the 550hp Mustang not being able to outrun a Ford Edge or an '03 Yukon Denali anyway?


That really doesn't surprise me. The WS6 would leave em all in the dust.

alan6271
Stranger
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by alan6271 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:27 am

Here's the problems I have with it:

1) The Mustang couldn't outrun the cross over or SUV but could cover over 600 miles in just over 3 hours.
2) The Lesbian scene in the beginning was inappropriate and gave nothing to the show. It was there just to push an agenda. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
3) The scene where Mike was in bed with two girls. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
4) The swearing. It didn't need to be there and has no business in a show like this.

Does NBC really need to take a classic TV show and mix there agenda into it and ruin it for todays younger generation?

If they would fix 2,3, and 4, the show would have been pretty good. I thought they did a good job with the tie ins to the original and I'm sure just as the original KITT evolved into what it was, this one will too. Episode one of KR, KITT didn't have much of a personality either. Just being honest.

BY THE WAY, THE TRANS AM WAS COOLER!!

xWhiplash
Volunteer
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by xWhiplash » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:50 am

1) The original KITT could travel over 300 mph I think? Super Pursuit Mode
2) You never know, they could have future episodes that deal with her relationship status. The original had just as much at its time since it was in the 80s. MK was with another girl all the time, some were dancing and some had less clothes on. Its very acceptable now but back then it was probably just as bad as those scenes.
3) Read 2, its similar
4) Is swearing needed in anything? You can say something with the same meaning and it wont be swearing. All shows have swearing now except the big ones

Give KITT a chance, he was not fully developed yet. Which means they might add more computer-like effects to his voice and up his personality whenever he gets extensive testing.

optimus
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:17 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:02 am

KR execs are either finding out now or going to find out real soon that they are going to have to change this series more back to the original to make it appealing to the old fans-us and as for the new generation....the movie dropped alot in ratings during the second half. Notice they didn't have a teaser for a follow up episode.

This KR forum needs these complaints because otherwise this series won't make a foothold and this forum will die as well, just too many lousy mistakes. I don't care about how the world is changing because 2008 is far less secure than it was in 1987 so dump the bedroom and other "changing with the times" BS!

In my mind, all a villian would have to do would be shoot some high-voltage current at that car and poof-dead! Then they either bring back the old KITT or a 2000 WS-6 Transam with real KITT shell, dash, gadgets, look and plots.

User avatar
Kaine
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:08 am

alan6271 wrote:Here's the problems I have with it:

1) The Mustang couldn't outrun the cross over or SUV but could cover over 600 miles in just over 3 hours.
2) The Lesbian scene in the beginning was inappropriate and gave nothing to the show. It was there just to push an agenda. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
3) The scene where Mike was in bed with two girls. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
4) The swearing. It didn't need to be there and has no business in a show like this.

Does NBC really need to take a classic TV show and mix there agenda into it and ruin it for todays younger generation?

If they would fix 2,3, and 4, the show would have been pretty good. I thought they did a good job with the tie ins to the original and I'm sure just as the original KITT evolved into what it was, this one will too. Episode one of KR, KITT didn't have much of a personality either. Just being honest.

BY THE WAY, THE TRANS AM WAS COOLER!!


what do you mean NBC ruined Knight Rider for todays younger generation? Until feb. 17th there was no Knight Rider for the younger generation!
or do you really believe some 10 year old today would be interested in a 26 year old show with a car 26 year old car? no chance! i mean, i ain't interested in the shows from my father's youth, and so isn't the youth today interested in a show from the 80's!
so in this spirit it's only in your head, that the TA was way cooler than the Mustang.

BTW: i think your 'problems' with the show are just false pretenses to justify your lack of open-mindendness regarding change.
all your points have been discussed to death here and are still brought up time and again by all the haters.

User avatar
Kaine
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by Kaine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:13 am

optimus wrote:KR execs are either finding out now or going to find out real soon that they are going to have to change this series more back to the original to make it appealing to the old fans-us and as for the new generation....the movie dropped alot in ratings during the second half. Notice they didn't have a teaser for a follow up episode.

This KR forum needs these complaints because otherwise this series won't make a foothold and this forum will die as well, just too many lousy mistakes.


you propably don't know because you just post but don't read here, but this forum is around for 12 years now and sure won't die because you hated the new movie :roll:

there was no teaser for a follow up episode because it was a TV movie/backdoor pilot, there is no decision regaring a follow up episode yet. so why advertise what doesn't exist?

and you should at least check your sources... the ratings didn't 'drop alot during the second half', they steadily increased!

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:18 am

alan6271 wrote:Here's the problems I have with it:

1) The Mustang couldn't outrun the cross over or SUV but could cover over 600 miles in just over 3 hours.
2) The Lesbian scene in the beginning was inappropriate and gave nothing to the show. It was there just to push an agenda. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
3) The scene where Mike was in bed with two girls. I DESPISE THAT!! The orignal KR was something I would let my daughter watch with me. NO WAY ON THIS as long as these scenes are in this show.
4) The swearing. It didn't need to be there and has no business in a show like this.

Does NBC really need to take a classic TV show and mix there agenda into it and ruin it for todays younger generation?

If they would fix 2,3, and 4, the show would have been pretty good. I thought they did a good job with the tie ins to the original and I'm sure just as the original KITT evolved into what it was, this one will too. Episode one of KR, KITT didn't have much of a personality either. Just being honest.

BY THE WAY, THE TRANS AM WAS COOLER!!


1. To save repetative postings, please read prior answers......the reason the Mustang did not outrun the SUV was explained much earlier in this thread.

2. Why was the lesbian scene inappriopriate? Are we still living in a world where same sex relationships are not allowed? Get real - this is the 21st century. If same sex couples are allowed to "marry", then surely you have to expect it to show up on television sooner or later. This show was not made for kids - it was made for, as i have stated before, the 18-30 year old male demographic audience who, last time i checked, were all considered adults who are allowed to watch shows involving the idea of a same sex relationship.

3. As with the above answer, there is no need why this shouldnt be allowed, seeing as how the show was aimed at the appropriate age group.....

4. Why should there be no swearing? This is a grown up show for grown ups!

No offence, but if you want to watch kiddies tv, go watch Sesame Street or similar....obviously this show is something you DESPISE, so why not just switch over?

User avatar
GN_WS6
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 am

I'm no longer going to argue this. I felt the show was terrible and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. If it becomes a series, it won't last long and if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm out.. :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

User avatar
ckeller22
Operative
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 am

What ? first of all I am not even going to answer the insane questions of ws6 because obviously he didn't watch the movie. Optimus you need to do some research before posting. The ratings never dropped period. From 9-11 the steadily increased in numbers according to the Neilson ratings. Knight Rider won the demographic for the night for NBC it's written all over the internet.

Worth noting for NBC was movie/back-door pilot Knight Rider at a dominant 12.70 million viewers and a 5.0 rating/12 share among adults 18-49 from 9-11 p.m. Yes, chances are you will now be hearing about a series order. Showtime’s Dexter debuted on CBS, meanwhile, with 8.14 million viewers and a 2.3/ 6 in the demo at 10 p.m. Comparably, that ranked third in the hour behind the second half of Knight Rider and ABC’s Brothers & Sisters, which minus regularly scheduled lead-in Desperate Housewives was below average at 8.50 million viewers and a 3.0/ 8 among adults 18-49. Dexter was, however, compatible out of Cold Case, which averaged 9.61 million viewers and a 2.2/ 5 in the demo from 9-10 p.m.

SBOSlayer1
Stranger
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by SBOSlayer1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:27 am

Right ok, to be fair i thought the new movie was pretty damn good! I'm 20 so i'm that younger generation your all speaking of and my kid sister liked it too and shes only 15. We heard of knight rider through our grandfather and watched all the reruns. I think personally that you guys need to understand that it's a squeal and it's not the origional. Don' get me wrong i loved the origonal, but why the hell would they put all the origonal stuff in a new movie/ concept for a series. I am a little dissapointed we never got to see much of Kitt and as for the hoff, i don't really agree with the end, but regardless it was a good sequal to the saga since to be quite blunt the other sequals/aparent sequals were quite crap.

It's werid but, i like the fact they didn't include to much detail of the original like what happened etc because the greatness of that is that they get to run a series to explain it all and they also get to continue on with the future of the foundation etc.

As for you GN thingy, ur just giving me a headache. I've been back on this fourm for 5 minutes. I used to come on here along time ago, but my intrest was only resparked by the tv movie so hense a i reregistered. Your just on here spamming, u have made you point and yeah by all means continue to argue it, but can you please do it in a more constructive manor and actually stop to think before you post.....

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:28 am

GN_WS6 wrote:I'm no longer going to argue this. I felt the show was terrible and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. If it becomes a series, it won't last long and if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm out.. :kitt:


But i bet you'll secretly still watch it, if a series is made.....

User avatar
GN_WS6
Rookie
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by GN_WS6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:36 am

I did watch the whole movie in it's entirty. I thought it was terrible. I express it and get bashed. How can all of you be this loyal to one of the biggest pieces of *?$# ever produced by NBC? I don't know if some of you are still in shock and awe that Knight Rider is back, no matter what it looks like, or what. But I call it as I see it. If the majority of the human population actually enjoyed what they watched the other night, then the future does look bleek indeed. Some of you are just defending it to the end because you know people from NBC come on here and you don't want to bash it because you're scared they won't continue with the series. I say F*CK THAT. I'm expressing my opinion which I'm very entitled to and I wasn't at all pleased with what I saw. You would rather make excuses for the reason this was that way or that was this way through "fan-fic" instead of taking it for what it is at face value and say, it was terrible. Where do you people come from anyway, Nerdville? Give me a break.. :kitt:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by neps » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:44 am

We aren't making excuses GN. You are entitled to hate it and bash it because your opinions make you feel that way. So too are we able to defend it because our opinions had us enjoying it for whatever reason. Neither of us is right or wrong, but we need to find a way to get along.

If you want people to accept that you hate the movie for constructive reasons, you need to accept that some people enjoyed it for their reasons too.

brushless
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:46 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by brushless » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 am

This show had some of the worst acting I've ever seen! The whole show seemed like a long infomercial for Ford! It was very cheesy and I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better. I scanned for future shows in DirecTV to record any future episodes and there aren't any! I hated it.

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 am

GN_WS6 wrote:I did watch the whole movie in it's entirty. I thought it was terrible. I express it and get bashed. How can all of you be this loyal to one of the biggest pieces of *?$# ever produced by NBC? I don't know if some of you are still in shock and awe that Knight Rider is back, no matter what it looks like, or what. But I call it as I see it. If the majority of the human population actually enjoyed what they watched the other night, then the future does look bleek indeed. Some of you are just defending it to the end because you know people from NBC come on here and you don't want to bash it because you're scared they won't continue with the series. I say F*CK THAT. I'm expressing my opinion which I'm very entitled to and I wasn't at all pleased with what I saw. You would rather make excuses for the reason this was that way or that was this way through "fan-fic" instead of taking it for what it is at face value and say, it was terrible. Where do you people come from anyway, Nerdville? Give me a break.. :kitt:


You really need to get out more, dude!!
It's a tv show!
I would hardly call it "one of the biggest pieces of *?$# ever produced by NBC"....im very sure there have been worse made.
If you have such a problem with it, change the channel....no one is forcing you to watch it.
If they make a series out of it, great - but, again, no one is forcing you to watch it.
But why you have to go on about it like it is the end of the world is beyond most folks on the board!

I think it is you who need to give the rest of the board a break.....

User avatar
ckeller22
Operative
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 am

And of course ws6 you want to see the the very worse in everything. You post negativity like it's outa style but you don't back it up. All you say I hate ,i hate,i hate.Than indeed with an attitude like that the future is bleak. Every point you argued showed you didn't pay attention and than when pointed out you just say oh it's crap, it sucks, i hated it.To bad the numbers prove you wrong. Was there room for improvement yes there was but to say KR2000 was better with the freezing of criminals and the sonic guns and by the way the fake Banshee(which they had to because Pontiac would not allow them to use their cars in the movie-yea real nice of them,real dedicated to Knight Rider and you defend them after many times spitting on us)Did nothing at all and you say it was better than the Mustang. Please. So keep hatin your entitled. Iv'e pointed out numerous times on the board of people crying that's not right but than pointed out they did it in the original,so it's ok than but not now.One person cried about oh KITT read a bible passage that's so bad right ,than again if you watch the original Michael in the semi reads KITT the whole bible calling the kettle black aren't we.
Last edited by ckeller22 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheHead
Volunteer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by TheHead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 am

brushless wrote:This show had some of the worst acting I've ever seen! The whole show seemed like a long infomercial for Ford! It was very cheesy and I watched the whole thing hoping it would get better. I scanned for future shows in DirecTV to record any future episodes and there aren't any! I hated it.


Why would you "scan for future shows in DirecTV to record any future episodes " if you hated the pilot??

What an odd thing to say / do!!!

optimus
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:17 am

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by optimus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:35 am

I was stating it lost ratings because me and alot of my friends just turned it off so figured more would as well.

Hey, if the execs need to appeal to anything dirty instead of clean to get those demographic numbers up, that's their choice. We'll just wait til another 18 year old gets knocked up or that lesbian gets suspended or expelled from work or school for making out. What an awful way to hit-off and represent the main stars and show! A total loser with gambling problems and hairdo to match---who used to be a military officer? A black FBI agent sleeping with a white younger woman?

At least Michael Knight was a well-groomed police officer with honor and dignity. Yes, we found out that he did have a son but was told to leave for their safety and security and the mom understood that. Personally, I'd preferred that they'd gotten married and changed identities, location, etc. so the son would have turned out good.

User avatar
ckeller22
Operative
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 am

Are you serious. If a television show is capable of all of that than we should just launch all the nuclear missiles and end it. You do know it is a television show right. First off NBC is cleaner than most o the other networks and CBS has a habit of showing nudity.Gee whats better a boy look in at a nude girl in the bathroom( Charlotte Ross)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17_FWxtVapw
Or three people fully clothed in bed. And so what a FBI agent is gay like that doesn't happen in real life there are no gay people in real life. You have got to be kidding me ok NBC is ruining the world it's so vulgar. Haven't you seen the simpsons and south park they are cartoons and are more raunchy how many kids have seen them how about the show jack ass how many kids has seen that and NBC is so bad. Please you don't make sense

User avatar
ckeller22
Operative
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by ckeller22 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:45 am

BY the way optimus Michael knight wasn't goody ,goody he was a blantant womanizer

Ranger
Stranger
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: I'm sorry guys, but this is how I really feel..

Post by Ranger » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Hoff was the man....Michael Knight was like Capt. Kirk he got all the girls. :kitt2:

Locked