WILL DANIELS is KITT

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
KITT3000
Volunteer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm

WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Nobody else should have done the voice of KITT. Many of you don't understand the situation. Some of you think the real KITT was Will Arnett, but it's not. WILL DANIELS the real voice of KITT turned down Knight Rider NBC for 2 reasons. He was quoted saying he did not like the way the new creators were going away with the traditional values of Knight Rider, and he didn't feel the creators were building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA. Will Daniels was or still is the president of many Hollywood associations.

Will Arnett was selected to do the voice of KITT but because he is partnered with GM, he did not agree to work with the strong Ford sponsorship show.


Will Daniels backed out of the 2000 movie for the same reasons but David convinced him, that was the reason for the delay in the previous movie.

User avatar
kido
Operative
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:27 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by kido » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 pm

So a classic KITT appearance in the new show would not be possible?
Knight Industries Defence One

User avatar
goldbug
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:15 pm

KITT3000 wrote:Nobody else should have done the voice of KITT. Many of you don't understand the situation. Some of you think the real KITT was Will Arnett, but it's not. WILL DANIELS the real voice of KITT turned down Knight Rider NBC for 2 reasons. He was quoted saying he did not like the way the new creators were going away with the traditional values of Knight Rider, and he didn't feel the creators were building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA. Will Daniels was or still is the president of many Hollywood associations.


I would like to see a link to the story where Daniels spoke out against the new KR movie. I'm not questioning your accuracy, I would merely like to read it in more detail.

Also, I may be reading your post wrong, but I think you are misunderstanding something. No one here ever felt that Arnett or Kilmer were "replacing" Daniels as the voice of the KR 2000 vehicle. It was well known long before this aired that Arnett was voicing the KR 3000, a brand new AI and vehicle.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

User avatar
ckeller22
Operative
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 pm

William voiced the original KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TWO THOUSAND. This is a new A.I. and a new car it is the KNIGHT INDUSTRIES THREE THOUSAND with it's own distinctive personality. Why is it so hard to use common sense.

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3255
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 pm

KITT3000 wrote:He was quoted saying he did not like the way the new creators were going away with the traditional values of Knight Rider, and he didn't feel the creators were building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA.


I'd like to see your source to back this up. We haven't heard anything about Daniels even being contacted - the producers said from day one that they wanted to do something different.

Additionally KI3T is not KI2T. If Daniels was to have voiced the KI3T - we would never have a potential paring of new and old once this goes to series.

KITT3000
Volunteer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:39 pm

neps wrote:
KITT3000 wrote:He was quoted saying he did not like the way the new creators were going away with the traditional values of Knight Rider, and he didn't feel the creators were building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA.


I'd like to see your source to back this up. We haven't heard anything about Daniels even being contacted - the producers said from day one that they wanted to do something different.

Additionally KI3T is not KI2T. If Daniels was to have voiced the KI3T - we would never have a potential paring of new and old once this goes to series.



i know. the producers wanted something different and got it. A BAD SHOW compared to a GOOD SHOW!

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 pm

I wish people would get over William Daniels not voicing the car, the choice they made was for the better and it made more sense for a new car to have a new personality and voice.

Building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA..... Does that even make sense?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
goldbug
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:31 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: A world where criminals operate above the law

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I wish people would get over William Daniels not voicing the car, the choice they made was for the better and it made more sense for a new car to have a new personality and voice.


Agreed. Here's the thing, if they do use the 2000 in a future episode (barring extenuating circumstances like illness or something of course) and it's not voiced by Daniels, then I think everyone can scream high holy terror as much as they want. It was like TKR using another actor to play Michael Knight, though I know they tried to get Da Hoff at the time but he was a bit busy with some show about beaches. :mrgreen:

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA..... Does that even make sense?


That's why I asked for an article as well. I know some actors may have felt that if actors didn't support the WGA, then they were thought badly of by others. I'm curious if Daniels was one of them.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

User avatar
superman3010
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:13 pm

i think they did a good job on the voice of kitt they used a different car so they used a different guy val kilmar did a very good i didnt think they should use anyone else untill i watch the movie last knight :dash4: :spm: :kitt2: :spmgo: :kittconv2:

User avatar
Drake
Operative
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:32 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Niceville, FL

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 pm

This guy just keeps finding more and more things to gripe about.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

knightny
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:20 am

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by knightny » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 pm

KITT3000 wrote:Nobody else should have done the voice of KITT. Many of you don't understand the situation. Some of you think the real KITT was Will Arnett, but it's not. WILL DANIELS the real voice of KITT turned down Knight Rider NBC for 2 reasons. He was quoted saying he did not like the way the new creators were going away with the traditional values of Knight Rider, and he didn't feel the creators were building a good cast that supported Hollywood WGA. Will Daniels was or still is the president of many Hollywood associations.

Will Arnett was selected to do the voice of KITT but because he is partnered with GM, he did not agree to work with the strong Ford sponsorship show.


Will Daniels backed out of the 2000 movie for the same reasons but David convinced him, that was the reason for the delay in the previous movie.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 am

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:06 pm

William Daniels is the Voice of K.I.T.T. from the 80's show. But since KITT is a voice & Voice actors are replaced all of the time in Animated cartoons. Someone could be trained to do the voice of KITT and it would be very hard to tell the diffrence. Take Shaggy on Scooby Doo. Many people have voiced that charactor since Casey Casem did the original. & Most other voice actors do a pretty good job of getting shaggy's voice pretty spot on. Heck even Matthew Lillard did a very good job in the Live action Scooby Doo movies. Even though those movies wern't that great. So I can for see them recasting a new voice actor if need be. Even though I know people would hate it. But as long as a person can get the timing & voice down to KITT. Most people wouldn't even know. If they never gave credit to the voice actor in the first place.

Derekasaurus Rex
Volunteer
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by Derekasaurus Rex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am

MSFproductionsMAIN wrote:William Daniels is the Voice of K.I.T.T. from the 80's show. But since KITT is a voice & Voice actors are replaced all of the time in Animated cartoons. Someone could be trained to do the voice of KITT and it would be very hard to tell the diffrence.

So true. In fact, when actors age and their voices change, sometimes new talent can sound more like the original than the original voice actor. They could bring the original KITT back and we might not be able to tell the difference. Hopefully they will in some form.

Derekasaurus Rex
Volunteer
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by Derekasaurus Rex » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:29 am

KITT3000 wrote:Some of you think the real KITT was Will Arnett, but it's not.

What!? Arnett would have been 12 years old in 1982. Who thinks he was the original voice?

maglalosus
Stranger
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by maglalosus » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:40 am

KITT3000 wrote: WILL DANIELS is KITT


Actually 'Val Kilmer' is KITT in the new movie... which i thought was AWESOME !!!

Milkman
Recruit
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:05 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by Milkman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:53 am

I have to be honest here... I would have really liked for KITT to be voiced by Daniels myself. I suppose that Kilmer's voice could certainly work after a while too...

For those of you that don't like the Kilmer, here is something to think about. Go ahead and play Knight of the Phoenix (Pilot episode), and then go play Voodoo Knight (final episode). You will see a HUGE difference in the sound of KITT's voice, even though it is the same actor. I am confident that they can do the same thing here, and we would all eventually appreciate Kilmer's voice. It is just the way it is recorded.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: WILL DANIELS is KITT

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 am

Milkman wrote:I have to be honest here... I would have really liked for KITT to be voiced by Daniels myself. I suppose that Kilmer's voice could certainly work after a while too...

For those of you that don't like the Kilmer, here is something to think about. Go ahead and play Knight of the Phoenix (Pilot episode), and then go play Voodoo Knight (final episode). You will see a HUGE difference in the sound of KITT's voice, even though it is the same actor. I am confident that they can do the same thing here, and we would all eventually appreciate Kilmer's voice. It is just the way it is recorded.


Spot on. In the pilot for the 80's series, kitt's voice was robotic and became human like as the series progressed.

Locked