NBC forum -- 80% positive AFTER seeing the show

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Luis
Rookie

NBC forum -- 80% positive AFTER seeing the show

Post by Luis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:24 am

I've been checking that forum. Before the broadcast, there were 6 pages of comments, 80% negative.

After the broadcast, right now we have over 20 pages of comments and 80% of them are POSITIVE.

I think the movie split 50% of the die-hard fans (half likes it / half hates it) but got on the good side of the majority of the general public. People genuinely like the concept.

Everyone should go to the NBC forum and post there as well. There's a good chance the suits are gonna read it and then decide to go series. It will be "ratings + critics' reception + audience's reception".

They HAVE to make this into a series.

loybond
Volunteer

Re: NBC forum -- 80% positive AFTER seeing the show

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:19 am

Do you have a link to that forum? I can't find Knight Rider listed as one of their shows on myNBC.

kitt_rulz
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by kitt_rulz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:38 am

loybond wrote:Do you have a link to that forum? I can't find Knight Rider listed as one of their shows on myNBC.
Here it is hope that helps!! (it was under movies)

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=779206
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

loybond
Volunteer

Post by loybond » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks! I think i'll post my review there!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 am

That sounds about right. It reminds me of discussions about "Star Trek: The Next Generation" when it aired. You had some classic series die hards hating on it before it aired. Once it came on, a good chunk became TNG fans while the rest could never even acknowledge TNG as "real". Whenever you try to revive a classic, things like this are bound to happen. I am happy to hear the reviews are mostly positive there considering how much negativity I saw in the weeks leading up to the movie.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:23 pm

You guys should check it out. A lot of "normal" people -- non-hardcore -- really like the show. I kept seeing quotes like "My son loved it; NBC, will make it into a series?"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Luis wrote:You guys should check it out. A lot of "normal" people -- non-hardcore -- really like the show. I kept seeing quotes like "My son loved it; NBC, will make it into a series?"
This great to hear. I've experienced this myself with my brother. He would always poke fun at me for liking the original because he thought it was lame. However, last night he was actually pretty interested in the new pilot, and although he didn't get a chance to see the whole thing, from what he did watch he though it was pretty cool and asked what I thought. Hopefuly he'll watch the whole thing when it airs again.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KRHD
Volunteer

Post by KRHD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:49 pm

If you look at IMDB.com's board, I would say 90% negative after seeing the show.

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:02 pm

That's IMDB. Those forums are known to be very nasty and full of trolls.