AICN talkback on the TV movie....Ouch!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ck37
Recruit

AICN talkback on the TV movie....Ouch!

Post by ck37 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:28 am

Okay, I haven't seen the movie yet being overseas and all, but while this site was non accessible due to the traffic Ithought I would try and find some other reviews of the movie tonight and so I stumbled on AICN.

I reserve judgment until i see it myself but these are some of the harshest and funniest posts I have read in a while.

Here is a link if you ant to read it. There is a lot to go through just keep in mind.

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_disp ... nt_1905964

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: AICN talkback on the TV movie....Ouch!

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:38 am

Bah. Most of the negative comments are pretty weak. The maturity level of the posters there is pretty much along the lines of, "SUCKED! They raped my childhood again! Lesbians in bed I turned it off! I hate nü metal! f$&% this I'm not gonna watch the series!" They sound like 8-year-olds.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:39 am

Good thing to remember about the talkback at AICN; they generally don't like anything.

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:51 am

On the IMDB message board people are being brutal. There are tons of threads complaining about the same thing over and over......

But, people always complain when there's something new, or continued on. Every little bit gets disected and attacked and then in time it dies down and many of those who keep complaining start to take a step back and start enjoying it. At least from what Ive seen with other programs.....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:03 am

There's no nice way to say it. IMDB is over run by trolls and flat out idiots, more of them will probably find their way here soon. Same thing with the ones from AICN.

I'm willing to bet many of them didn't even have Knight Rider as a part of their childhood.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

libolt
Volunteer

Post by libolt » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:21 am

I personally liked the new movie. I've liked the mustang as KITT from the beginning. It is probably my second favorite car right now besides the 1991 Trans AM I own. Overall though I thought the show kept true to the spirit of the original. KITT is programmed to preserve human life and the references to the original show were nice. Kilmer did a good job with the voice, though some lines were better than others. I loved the ford commercials with Mike and KITT and how KITT was feeling put off etc.

I know it's going to be debated to death over the next few days/weeks and everyone's opinions will be different on the matter, but for me it was a fun 2 hours. I hope they make a new series for next fall.

Mike

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 am

Places like AICN are filled with people that like to flame about anything. Sites like Jalopnik even encourage that behavior. Negative posts creates reaction and intern helps keep comment counts up and traffic up. It's part of a marketing desire.

Controversy = Profit!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 am

Shapeshifter wrote:Good thing to remember about the talkback at AICN; they generally don't like anything.
It's true. I occasionally browse through the Talkbacks to find alternative links to videos they post about (like the Wall-E trailer from a couple weeks back) but the comments there are just retarded most of the time. Once in a blue moon someone may post something semi-intelligent, but it's rare.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:22 am

I didnt make it too far into the NBC thread last night, but from the first page or so, there was quite a bit of negativity....and Im sure thats not a good board for a lot of that.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:Good thing to remember about the talkback at AICN; they generally don't like anything.
I think most of them ate paint chips as kids. :lol:

IMDB is no better. I used to read the board for LOST over there but it was like reading a bunch of spew from people who like to hear themselves talk.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:59 am

AICN can bite me on this one. Some of them are clamoring for a Galactica style remake. UUGH! Gobs of dimly-lit angst and CSI shakey-cam for Knight Rider? NO THANKS!