Hummm so what becomes after this

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Deferranfan1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hummm so what becomes after this

Post by Deferranfan1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:15 am

Will they make another series of this or what?
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

neps
Site Administrator

Re: Hummm so what becomes after this

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:40 am

I think it will still be a couple of days before we find out for sure. Nielsen ratings should be out today/tomorrow.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 am

i hope so cuz i really liked the movie.

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:02 am

Me to. I really liked it alot. At first I was mad that they really didn't discuss what happened to the original KITT. They showed a sterrring wheel & a Transam body. But that doesan't mean that the A.I. that was the KITT we know in Loved was in that Vehicle Body. I would like to think that Michael Knight still has the A.I. or even the whole car with him. Even though this show didn't contradict Knight Rider 2000. When I went through and watched parts of it. It didn't gel with the real year that was 2000. We Don't freeze our criminals & guns were never really out lawed & replaced with stun weapons. In the way they were shown in KR 2000. So in away. KR2000 to me is an alternate reality. Just as they are saying the Sarhra Conner Chronicles are an alternate timeline from the movie T3. This continuation of Knight Rider was way more believable then the Garbage that was KR2000. This should be made into a series & continue Knight Rider. Because Mike Tracuer (SPL?) is stated at the end of having no family ties to speak of. He is the perfect choice to drive the new KITT. Also since original KITT is not mentioned much. He could make a cameo in the new series.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 am

MSFproductionsMAIN wrote:Me to. I really liked it alot. At first I was mad that they really didn't discuss what happened to the original KITT.
Many shows on modern day TV don't just lay everything out in one shot. The point of those glimpses was to give us a look at what was, a recognition of what came before. However, while we hardcore fans would have loved for them to stand around for ten minutes discussing what happened to the 2000, Bonnie, April, RC3, Devon and the semi, it wouldn't contribute anything to the immediate story and situation. I'm sure part of the idea is to lay the groundwork for these issues to be addressed in any potential series.
MSFproductionsMAIN wrote:In the way they were shown in KR 2000. So in away. KR2000 to me is an alternate reality.
Bingo. The "timelines" pretty much work out to four distinctive "universes":

KR (original) -> KR 2000
KR (original) -> Team Knight Rider
KR (original) -> KR 2008
Knight Rider 2010

Each one is set in its own distinct universe, and in the case of 2010, has no relation to the original series (though I grant nothing in 2010 actually precludes being in the same universe as the original KR).
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)