KR - Live Chat - ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE! SPOILERS! EAST COAST

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR - Live Chat - ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE! SPOILERS! EAST COAST

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey,

Wanted to start a topic for people who want to chat together during the event. PLEASE DON'T make another topic.

Lets keep it contained in here to help people who haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Thanks!

Squirrel3D
Rookie

Knight Rider premere coverage

Post by Squirrel3D » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Ok this where you post on the pilot.

So far...not bad, but the little CGI with the bullets wasn't needed. Opening was typical...
Becuase one man CAN make a difference

AFTsgt
Stranger

Not even 5 minutes........

Post by AFTsgt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:21 pm

GARBAGE!!! Turned it off. Perversion!
As usual perverted a decent series!

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Re: Knight Rider premere coverage

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm digging it so far. I love the little nods to the classic series.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Re: KR - Live Chat - ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE! SPOILERS! EAST COAST

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:45 pm

TOO MANY COMMERCIALS!! Nice nod to Wilton Knight, though.

Joe

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Hey! I was writing a reply to the other post that was up when it was removed/merged. :P

I guess Charles isn't making it to the series.

The early script review on AICN seems to still be solid..... Though the "transforming" from one Mustang to another (with emblem focusing angles) was kind of lame then we got cobra emblem close ups.... Still, not bad so far. :D Hey! The VM changes color and blue doesn't look bad at all. <_< >_>

Too many commercials indeed... At least the MOMO emblem is MIA.....

Forums are getting their ass kicked again. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Oooh swerve, guess he's not only going to be in flashbacks. :D
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Squirrel3D
Rookie

Post by Squirrel3D » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:03 pm

I agree about the perversion. It was not needed for Tracer to have two women in the bed with him. I guess they just wanted to make sure it had to include a "pimping" scene. Also, I don't like the CGI whenever the bullets hit KITT...as if we're supposed to figure out how it's bulletproof.

Squirrel3D
Rookie

Post by Squirrel3D » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:15 pm

What's with the political correctness?? Gay picture? This stat about marrige?? My goodness....am I watching a TV show, or a political discussion? KITT never did this, so you know the writers forced it.

JarrettM
Stranger

Post by JarrettM » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:49 pm

I am aout to turn this off. They just ruined it. I can't belive how bad this is. They ruined my fav show from the 80's. The acting is HORRIBLE. THE STORYLINE is horrible, the car is not very slick looking and there are WAY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Who agrees that this sucks!!!!!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 pm

Overall, I really liked it. The opening theme and credits were awesome and the end with Michael Knight reappearing truly felt like a scene from the original series. KITT totally rocked and while I think his personality could use some more tweaking to make him more human and less robotic, I loved every other feature they showed off about the car. I went into this with an open mind, knowing that it wouldn't likely be anything like the original series and I have to say I really hope it gets picked up as a series come Fall. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Seriously, alot of commercials! Still sinking it in and trying to keep the site up. We have over 300 people browsing the forum right now (up from our ever high of 100) so ouch!

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 pm

I thought it looked great, and I enjoyed the storyline, the acting, and the effects. The voice worked for me, as well. Well done, IMO. It's not the fault of the production that there were a lot of commmercials.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 pm

LOVED IT!

Hasselhoff came back very well and I hope he comes back for the series if it comes. The CGI is amazing! I guess his mother is Jennifer, but is it Jennifer Knight?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Oh totally not, I don't think anyone thought it was.

Really enjoyed the characters and story, Val's voice seemed better blended then we had heard recently. Effects were great. Kind of wish we had more of KITT doing some wicked stunts (less dessert night time driving) but that will come in the series!

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:19 pm

I have to admit,I was rather impressed with the show. Except where KITT kept bringing up facts about different things and was said matter-of fact like made him seem cold. A couple of those times ended up comical but started to get old. If they do the series, hopefully they drop that,otherwise the show could end quick.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Wasn't that bad. I do agree, it was maybe an hour 15 min show w/o the commercials. I did not care for the morphing, the color change wasn't bad, and I always thought that could have been an option for the original show. The Hoff's appearance could've been a little longer too. The only other thing I can say I like the voice, BUT, it seemed as though you could tell it was a voiceover, almost sounded like a narration, like Waylon Jennings, as opposed to the original show, where KITT actually sounded like the car talking, not the TV talking. But that could be b/c of the late addition of Val Kilmer. Overall it wasn't too bad, and I think there is potential for a new show, but I don't know if it will happen.

The thing with the airplane was a bit silly,, too.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:27 pm

I thought some of the moments were a little forced but this has potential if they can get past the awkward gawky homage stuff. The Hoff cameo definitely felt like they just shoved it in there for an "Oh hey it's Michael Knight!" moment. I'm hoping they will really explain the whole backstory a bit more. In regards to that, they kinda crammed a small bit of information in there and it raised more questions than it answered in my mind.

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Did anyone here catch that the homosexuality mention might be a nod to the classic series? I mean, how often did we see Michael Knight in trouble and he would talk into his wristwatch, "KITT, I need ya, buddy!" :D :D :D

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:32 pm

I thought it was great! Loved the story, the acting and the effects.

Im in the minority though I guess. I found it funny when KITT kept bringing up the facts.

But I agree, there were too many commercials. Suprisingly though, I only had 3 Ford commercials...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Holy crap, I was really skeptical going in but I didn't expect such negativity here.
I liked it. Was it perfect? Of course not, but I thought it was well done. I really appreciated those little nods to the original, "Is it another Trans Am?" Hasselhoff's part was good.

First of all, what was wrong with the CGI of the bullets hitting the car? They did it to show that the car wasn't invincible, but that it repaired itself. I didn't want CGI stunts, what was wrong with that?
You that turned it off because it "ruined" Knight Rider. First of all, that's ridiculous, because it was certainly better than KR2000 and THAT didn't ruin it for you, so don't be stupid.

Secondly, why not specify why you didn't like it? I understand not liking the Mustang, but I thought everything was well handled. I was also really hoping that it wouldn't be a plane...but still, I tip my hat to them. The first Knight Rider spinoff/sequel that wasn't godawful.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 pm

I did notice on the bridge as the camera changed from inside the car to outside the car, so did the level of KITTs voice, it felt well mixed to me - as outside it sounded projected.

The airplane bit also gave me a little smile, it felt like a nice nod to the semi - like how can they top KITT pulling out of a semi? Oh! (I'd like to see myth busters take on this one)

I thought KITTs volunteering of information was VERY early Knight Rider. How many times did Michael tell KITT to shadup back then?

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Three things I did not like.....

1) The whole "loophole" concerning the creater of KITT. If you really knew the old series then you would know they already named the creators of KITT and it was never Graimen.

2) Mike's mom is "Jennifer" and she along with a baby Mike were sent away with Charles by Michael. So Micheal cheated on Stevie when he was Michael Long or was this while he was Michael Knight? Hopefully they explain it further.

3) They stole the plane idea from Team Knight Rider....ugh

Otherwise it was much better than I expected.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Hardkore wrote:I have to admit,I was rather impressed with the show. Except where KITT kept bringing up facts about different things and was said matter-of fact like made him seem cold. A couple of those times ended up comical but started to get old. If they do the series, hopefully they drop that,otherwise the show could end quick.
It's funny, but I really liked that about it...I thought that was pretty clever.
Last edited by Shapeshifter on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I thought the movie was pretty good. Definitely the best attempt to bring back the franchise thus far. Unfortunately so much was revealed through commercials and threads here that there wasn't much that I didn't know was coming. Val Kilmer did well as the voice of K.I.T.T. Some interesting things I'd like to comment on:

1) It's stated that Mike Traceur's mother's name is Jennifer. Could this indeed be Jennifer Knight? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same actress, but that's hardly a confirmation as new actors play parts that were previously played by other actors all the time.

2) Classic K.I.T.T.'s dashboard was not shown. I suspect this was for continuity reasons because the dashboard they had for filming was the two-TV dash. Really the only thing that could screw up the continuity is the "Knight Two Thousand" lettering on the steering wheel, but that's OK with me. Better than an entire incorrect dash. So it appears as if Charles was taking components from classic K.I.T.T. and installing them into the Knight 3000.

3) I was very surprised to see that the voice modulator changed colors to blue. Ick. That's one thing I definitely didn't care for. Keep it red all the time, please! And that should go for the digital gauges, too, but that's not a big deal. At least they were changed to digital at all!

4) I guess the license plate question has officially been answered. It will morph into multiple plates. I also liked the explanation as to why K.I.T.T. runs on ordinary gasoline; as some of us here figured, it's just more practical to use.

5) The semi trailer has been replaced with a plane! Well, why not? Loved the 180-degree turn at the end. Nice nod to the original series.

6) Michael Knight's appearance. It was pretty much exactly what I expected. Though I'm surprised he didn't exchange cell phone numbers with Mike.

All in all, I thought the CGI effects were cool. However, I was also surprised that we didn't see much of the "Attack" version of K.I.T.T. It was interesting that K.I.T.T. is only bullet-proof and can use his other functions when his A.I. is activated. That could create some cool story dilemmas in a future series. Besides, having a car that's too invincible isn't as fun or as interesting as a car with a setback like that.

Any criticisms? A few. I would have preferred to see K.I.T.T. smash through a wall, or do some other kind of stunt reminiscent of Turbo Boost or Ski Mode. As it stands, for the most part K.I.T.T. did a lot of fast driving and 180s. Still, I thought it was fun and the action was fast-paced enough to keep me interested throughout.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: