Whats Old Is New Again

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DrWho2005
Operative

Whats Old Is New Again

Post by DrWho2005 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:46 pm

3 years ago i was going crazy one day. In a few hours The world would have Doctor Who returned to it. This show was a major part of peoples childhood..and it was back..not a remake, but a continuation.
Now in 2008 it is happening again with KR.
I am sitting half a planet away from you guys wishing i could be there..instead i'll have to wait just a few hours ;-)

When DrWho came back it became a massive hit. They didnt screw with the formula too much and everyone loved it.
I believe the same coule happen here. If they get realKITT on the show too..then man, it will be a smash.

Maybe the people in tv land will take notice of the two examples.

DrWho and KR are continuations and both are mssively popular.

There is other crap liek Bionic woman and Flash Gordon that were remakes and just flopped..they changed too much and people just dont care.

Build on the past, dont rewrite it.

The A Team movie will suck because of the massive changes.

I think MacGyver should return with Richard Dean Anderson.
Hell, lets get every 80's show and just make a new season :-)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Whats Old Is New Again

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:38 pm

I think everyone would of course love having classic K.I.T.T. appear on the show (intact), but the only thing is what will he do then? If classic K.I.T.T. and Michael are "retired," would his purpose be to sit around in a garage somewhere keeping Michael company? I don't see too many ways he could return, let alone reasons why he'd leave again (which would be most likely, since the new possible series would be focusing on the new characters). Perhaps he'd be relegated to a "recreational vehicle," as the scientist recommended in "Junk Yard Dog"?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:47 pm

KITT's main components were shrunk down to where they fit in Michael's wrist watch. >_> <_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

The old '82 Trans-Am KITT should be placed at Knight Museum of Technology, in Lab 3 ;)

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:46 pm

I wouldn't suppose they'll ever use the original car to its full capabilities, as having an 80s car wipe the floor with the Mustang (which it would, even though I like the Mustang) would not be great publicity for the new show. But it will surely make an appearance if it becomes a series.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm

KITTfan wrote:The old '82 Trans-Am KITT should be placed at Knight Museum of Technology, in Lab 3 ;)
I don't think KITT would take kindly to being a museum piece. :lol:
Turbo Boost, Baby!