mustang

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jlhotrod1
Stranger

mustang

Post by jlhotrod1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Sorry I won't watch the movie. Not a 'ford' publisist' attempt.
JL

ckeller22
Operative

Re: mustang

Post by ckeller22 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Ok than, but your judging something before you see it and not given it a chance is a bit close minded but hey to each it's own. I think the rest of us will watch and maybe enjoy and appreciate what others have worked hard on and maybe just maybe they got it right if not than by 11:01 everybody,me included will be disappointed and voicing it but until than I reserve to give it a shot don't know if you like something until you eat it is my motto.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Gotta "love" people who take the effort to join to make a topic such as this...

I'm not thrilled with the Ford whoring either but as long as it's not blatant during the TV movie itself I might be able to tolerate it..... Even if the opening "brought to you by Ford" or whatever message and every other commercial will probably be a Ford with every break will remind us of it. Just as long as the movie itself doesn't do that, whatever. It's not like Pontiac didn't do something similar during at least the pilot and season one for at least in part.... Until they pretty much regretted the choice and didn't want to be mentioned anymore.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 pm

KR fans should be thankful we are getting a show called Knight Rider that has a black car with a red scanner. For some twisted reason that fundamental element was overlooked by the creators of the past reboot attempts.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Yeah, it could have been a bright yellow subcompact! :shock: Then we'd have the tomato and a lemon.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:49 pm

I couldn't care less about the Ford promoting. Any car company would be doing the exact same thing if a different vehicle was chosen. For me, it was a tough pill to swallow accepting the Mustang, but I can't knock Ford for siezing this opportunity and promoting their business. They went for the opportunity and nailed it by whatever means necessary.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Right - if Pontiac had been the sponsor, it would have been equally pimped. Ford is inconsequential, and they most likely gave them money to effects they didn't have the budget for.

Not watching because of Ford? You're only punishing yourself.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 pm

I have to agree with neps here...I was initially against the mustang myself but now I'm 100% on board with it, and having watched the movie, my feelings have not changed. Remember this is not the Knight Industries Two Thousand, rather it is the Knight Industries THREE Thousand. Different car. I actually think this show did very well to stay true to the spirit of Knight Rider! :)

Jeremy1973
Volunteer

Post by Jeremy1973 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:52 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Gotta "love" people who take the effort to join to make a topic such as this...

I'm not thrilled with the Ford whoring either but as long as it's not blatant during the TV movie itself I might be able to tolerate it..... Even if the opening "brought to you by Ford" or whatever message and every other commercial will probably be a Ford with every break will remind us of it. Just as long as the movie itself doesn't do that, whatever. It's not like Pontiac didn't do something similar during at least the pilot and season one for at least in part.... Until they pretty much regretted the choice and didn't want to be mentioned anymore.
Well after watching the pilot, It was not much more than a 2 hour Ford Mustang commercial with a side of more Ford Focus commercials, the zooming in on the Ford and Cobra logo's in slow motion didn't help much either. :kitt: :dash4:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Oww and zooming on the Pontiac logo on the hubcaps of the TA did? This was no Ford commercial... they made a nice movie, the car looked hot... even the story was enjoyable.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:05 pm

There were no logos on the original KITT that had any mention of Pontiac as far as I can remember. When did the hubcaps on KITT have a Pontiac logo visible? The only references to Pontiac and Trans-Am that I can remember is when people brought it up during the first season.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Occasionally when the car was stopped, you could see the pontiac emblem on the hubcaps. They removed the stickers from the hubcaps, but not the etched logo.

Also, sometimes you could make out pontiac from the tail light in the right light.

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Y'know, I thought that too. But then someone told me to give it a chance, and I'm SO glad I did. :D
Turbo Boost, Baby!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:58 pm

I never noticed that. O_o

Still that's something entirely different than what was done with the TV movie with the camera panning around or cutting to a shots focusing on an emblem. It would have been nice if they could have been a little more subtle.

As I've said, I liked the movie but I said I could over looked some minor script flubs and I can overlook my problems with it and hopefully some things get straightened out if it makes it to series and filming is done without bashing everyone over the head with reminding us that the show is "powered by Ford".

I lost count of how many Ford commercials I saw. There seemed to be two at least every break here. I liked the four KR Mike/KITT ones and it would have been nice if they could have aired it with "limited commercial interruptions". I know a typical hour long TV program has between 15 to 20 minutes worth of commercials so it's fitting that there would be 40 minutes in two hours. Maybe it's because the time the movie was playing time seemed to fly but then the commercials made to come to a screeching halt.

Anyway, I look forward to NBC's decision, hopefully they do pick it up.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Wow. Another person who joined just to complain. :roll:

I thought the Shelby looked great. Even attack mode. The double spoiler makes sense at the speeds he was going. It doesn't make sense on a Honda Civic that has a top speed of 85 mph. The last Cobra R had a rear spoiler that was sorta similar to the one on KITT. It didn't have the double top though.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

WhiteBird
Rookie

Post by WhiteBird » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 am

Hi everyone, Just wanted to know what your thoughts are on the new show? What did you think of the very brief cameo of the Hoff? What are ur thoughts on the mustang, etc. I liked that they had a "Sarah" as a main character, but that's just me. :lol: :D
Anyway, I think I will be online more these days, things are changing pretty soon and it will be nice to get to know everyone again. Sorry I've been away so long. I'm just glad that my screen name still work! 8)

White Bird
White Bird

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:01 am

nothing wrong with the Mustang.
But i think for the original Knight Rider lovers the car will remain as the sleek Trans Am.

Personally i thought the new KR 2008 was too over the top of computer aid graphics. The soundtrack was lame and just repeated shots of the car curving.

What made the KITT (TA) special was the stunts they pulled off thanks to Jack Gill were amazing.

I was hoping to see some turbo boost, ski mode etc.
The car needs to remain a mysterious

But perhaps i am showing my age here :D

Cannot compare eras or generations. Better off leaving the orignal show as a "legacy"

:kitt:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 am

I just think people can't grasp that it's not the same KITT. How can you like the fake Banshee and not like the Shelby? Doesn't make sense.

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:02 pm

I think the mustang looked great!! the interior is another story which I wont get into here but I think the mustang works for the new series.
Hopefully down the road maybe they will have to use the original KITTT's CPU due to damage of the new one (just being hopefull) and we get William Daniels back for an episode.

To me it was Daniels and who made KITT not the type of car.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Some seem to forgot that the Knight 2000 was changed quite a few times as well. Inside and out.