What are your plans for tomorrow?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What are your plans for tomorrow?

Post by neps » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:31 pm

So 17 years since KR2000, 10 years since TKR, 22 years since the original... This is our first original story in a long time where they are trying to keep the mythology alive. This is the first Knight Rider in HD. Hopefully it's the first of many things with Knight Rider on NBC.

It's been along time coming, many many rumors over the year. We've got this movie tomorrow night, and who knows what else down the line (a series? a feature film?) and we should all take a second and enjoy that before we watch this show. It's been a hell of a last few months since we first heard about this in Oct/Nov - and I can't believe the ride as finally reached this point.

I am curious what is everyones plans for tomorrow? Are you having people over? Throwing a party? Throwing a Knight Rider themed party? (if you do, take photos!) Part of me wants to celebrate like crazy, part of me wants to be locked up alone in a room with the TV, not allowing anyone to disturb my viewing.

I do know I have two DVRs setup - One recording HD OTA, the other recording HD over Cable (you know, incase one fails) - but how I'll actually watch the show is still in the air.

Share your plans!

Neil

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Re: What are your plans for tomorrow?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Very good to hear your thoughts Neil! I would love to throw a party but I rather just sit and enjoy the show on my own with no distractions. My bosses and some friends were actually busting my chops on it but its all fun and games. Now I honestly too can't believe Knight Rider is back tomorrow night. I have been waiting for a long time and appraising Knight Rider for what it really has to come. I have been watching episodes recently to bring back memories and enjoyment. I hope this movie turns out great and becomes a series in the fall.

I am truly excited about this and can't wait, its been too long and we finally have are having our Knight Rider moment!

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:24 pm

Im basically distracting myself by leaving the house for a good part of the day because I know Ill just pace around and do nothing until 9. Then making sure our dinner company is gone before 9 as well :P

Ive got the Computer and VCR recording it, and a DVR set up to record back at my dorm, and I am having a my roomates and a friend over when we get back to school to re-watch the movie hopefully :)

Ive never seen anything Knight Rider before, but this movie looks amazing! Definitely something Ill enjoy :) I guess Im a part of that whole "another generation" group that this Knight Rider continuation will draw in.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm definitely watching it!!!!! :) No parties though, unfortunately I don't really anybody I hang out with these days. :-( But, I look forward to that show, based on the clips I've seen it looks great! :-)

--Brian

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 am

i will be watching it by myself , i dont want any distractions, i will be taping it also so i can watch it a bunch of times :D
in glen larson we trust.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 am

I have my doubts and concerns, but I am reserving my thoughts until after I see the film. I too am nabbing this sucker in HD on both over the air and cable tv dvr. Rather its great or really bad, I still will be making sure I have it in my everything Knight Rider collection. I just really hope all the best scenes haven't been showing in the teaser trailers.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:37 am

I'm most likely going to go the route of watching it on my own with no distractions. I'm planning to text a few friends of mine about it a few minutes before it airs (so as to appear that I'm not obsessed in a nerdy way LOL). I also definitely will be recording it on DVR.

This is a great time for the fans and a great opportunity to FINALLY have new material to discuss and hopefully love. Every fan should be relishing this opportunity and supporting it whether they agree with all the creative choices or not (and that's coming from a guy who didn't like that they picked a Mustang). Cheers!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:07 am

I'll be watching both The American Gladiators and Knight Rider. Don't forget the Knight Rider cast is supposed to be involved in the Gladiators broadcast somehow as well. Also the Ford contest was said to start during the last 30 minutes of American Gladiators. I took this whole week off to prepare for tonight's airing. I'll be watching it in my room hopfully alone but my brother might be with me. Im DVRing and VCR recording it both.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:09 am

Will anybody in the states be able to do me "a copy" & send it over to the UK...? (for a small fee of course :wink: )

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:15 am

Tonight's THE night... Got the DVR set, and to answer the question, will be having friends over to watch it live and celebrate Knight Rider's return! Then later, I will have to sit down and watch it alone to really appreciate it even more. 8) 8) 8)

:kitt: :karr: :spmgo: :kittspin: :spm:

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:36 am

I will be patiently waiting for a copy (or an internet download) because I don't know if or when italian television is going to show it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:00 am

I'll just go about my day while hoping the ice/freezing rain doesn't cause any problems with either the power or cable and then at 7PM turn on NBC to watch the American Gladiators finale while it leads up to the movie. :D I'll still be online probably posting comments while it airs or during commercial breaks.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 am

I will be crying.... no kidding... Well I will have to be patient and wait. As I live in the EU and I can not watch it untill atleast monday. As I have to rely on someone recording it for me... oww well... I guess I will spit polish my PS3 while it is donwloading the recording :D! Either way... Knight Rider is back baby!!!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 am

I'll have to be patient as well, I don't know when it may be on Finnish tv or when it will be available on DVD / Blu-Ray. So, I'll celebrate this by watching a lot of original Knight Rider, have already watched 3 episodes today and at the time you'll get to see the new pilot, I'll watch Knight of the Phoenix here :)

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:49 am

At my local time zone (GMT +2) KR movie will be showing at Monday, 04:00AM (Eastern) and at 07:00AM (Pacific). I'll try to watch it through Streamick, which retranslates NBC4 (NBC Los Angeles) at Pacific time zone. But every time i try to watch something on NBC4 through Streamick it always shows Raw. But i hadn't even tried to watch it at night in my local time zone, when in USA it is evening and it's showing some TV-Shows, so i'll try to catch Knight Rider movie through it. Maybe someone could tell if i could watch Knight Rider movie through Streamick.com?
Thank you.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 am

I was going to throw a party, but then decided against it. Just going to watch it solo, so that I can pay attention and really absorb everything about it. And I'm doing a TON of chores around the house today, so make the time go faster-and so the wife won't have anything to interrupt me about tonight. :D

CHiPsCCC
Stranger

Post by CHiPsCCC » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:17 am

I'm throwing a little party today. Starting with some best of the original Knight Rider leading up to the 9pm movie. I bought some Knight Rider T-Shirts for the event, and champagne to kick off the movie at 9pm. My wife if being a great sport about the whole thing. LOL.

I was kind of hoping to watch it solo too, but a couple of friends wanted to share in the experience. I have the DVR set to record so I can watch it again later and soak everything in.

It sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat about our expectations for tonight. I'm keeping an open mind and hoping that the new KITT and movie suck me in like the original did.

Enjoy today everyone!

KITT-2008
Volunteer

Post by KITT-2008 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 am

Me and my wife will be throwing a blanket and pillows in front of are hdtv. I can't believe the wait is over and I will be watching brand new stuff on Knight Rider :shock: . Lets just pray we get a seires out of this so we can do this every week. :D
HELLO MIKE

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Nice to hear everyone's plans. I almost threw a party but I want to enjoy it myself. All you husbands out there better do what your wives say so later you can enjoy! Thank god I am not married yet, but I have a girlfriend although see said she wont call me from 9-11 :)

Does anyone think that it will be released on DVD?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Well, so much for that, cable went out here about an hour ago . :shock:

It better by back within the next seven hours! :evil: :vamp:

I hate Charter....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Well fortunately my wife is a BIG Val Kilmer fan - so she'll actually be watching with me - where otherwise she wouldn't have necessarily.

I think it will definitely be released on DVD - the question is when. If it doesn't get picked up for a full season, they may release it in a couple months. If it does get picked up, they may wait until the first full season is complete and include it with that.

justinbrueningnet
Operative

Post by justinbrueningnet » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:42 pm

I just found out this morning Ill be having to watch the movie on Global (Canadian Channel) instead of NBC. So even though Ill have the NBC channel on Ill be getting Global promos and logos. That channel drives me nuts.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:25 pm

I have the Vcr fired up to record it.Don't have dvr but have a friend who does and is recording it for me and he just got one of those Dvd burners for his tv so i'll get a copy on dvd. Yepeeee .....Just hope it lives up to all the hype

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:30 pm

Whew! My cable came back on so I'm good again.

DJCHRISSTEVENS
Recruit

Post by DJCHRISSTEVENS » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:38 pm

My fiance and I are going to get Season 1 and watch the 2 hour pilot before the show starts tonight. We are going to see if we can recite lines from it and party extremely hard. It has been a long time to wait for it to be reborn again and I am very excited to see what is in store for us. I hope they will continue on and make it a successful series and heck they should include the Hoff more.. !