KITT's creator confusion?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Re: KITT's creator confusion?

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:42 pm

It would make sense of Ki3T not having MBS, or the original AI unit...

KnightLady
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:07 pm

goldbug wrote:I always saw Wilton as the visionary and perhaps one of the original scientists behind KARR (and thus KITT). However I don't think any miracle of technology like KITT could be created by just one man. However, if it was Wilton's original inspiration and vision to assemble a team (that could include this new character) then it makes sense to call him "KITT's creator" just as you can say some of the classic Ford cars were "by Ford" (referring to the man) but of course there was actually a team of engineers behind it.
I totally agree. That was one of my main problems with the new KR. You could tell they did not do very good research when it came to the pilot, because there was holes all over the place in regards to Graiman and how he connected with Wilton. I, too, saw KITT being more of Wilton's design, and therefore, Wilton was the one who put the team together. The one man scientist just doesn't compute with the history of the original KR. :?:

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, Gary Scott Thomson did say they would explore why KITT was built.
With Knight Industries involvement quite apparent (Hercules plane...) I guess they had to partake in the project somehow, such as making the shell and drive system. Perhaps with the Foundation's fall they have been pretty weak. I'm sure we'll see a reason why the Knight 3000 (and it's accompanying microprocessor) was in Graiman's garage.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:35 pm

What annoyed me more about it was one of the interviews done where they seemed so proud to discover, more like they created this "loophole" when there really wasn't one. I really do hope it's something that's addressed in the new show.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Not that I think they'll ever do this, but it would be kind of cool to re-create the scene from "Knight Of the Phoenix" where the scientists are running in & out of the warehouse and show that one of them was Charles Graiman. Perhaps they can intermix some footage from "Knight Of the Phoenix" as well. That in & of itself wouldn't be enough to show that Graiman was K.I.T.T.'s inventor, but it would be a step in the right direction to try and make it more plausible.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 am

its been discussed already that KITT the microprocessor and the car are separate entities, so which is it that Charles invented??

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:48 pm

I think it was in Trust Doesn't Rust or KITT vs. KARR (probably TDR) that Devin said something like "While I was busy building another car..." talking about KITT. I had thought Bonnie was KITT's creator but then KITT did mention being in a mainframe in Washington.

So I thought that Wilton Knight built KARR, and failed. So Devin gave it a go and made KITT. Who was on what team would be the real question.

And you know writers. In any show there'll always be inconsistancies. Even in actual history. :)

ElectricPhantom
Rookie

Post by ElectricPhantom » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I have one quick analytical question.

Did Graiman ever once SAY he created KI2T? As far as I can recall, he didn't. It's established he had some form of creative connection with Knight Industries but as far as specifics (excluding KI3T)...

If it's true he never quoted stating that he worked specifically on KI2T then I have a theory: Perhaps he helped work on the original KARR and not KI2T at all? Perhaps he never worked on KI2T himself but took what he knew and created KI3T years later. As far as I can recall, it was never established who worked on KARR (besides Wilton himself) unlike the specific scientists that created KI2T.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:26 am

ElectricPhantom wrote:Hello everyone,

I have one quick analytical question.

Did Graiman ever once SAY he created KI2T? As far as I can recall, he didn't. It's established he had some form of creative connection with Knight Industries but as far as specifics (excluding KI3T)...

If it's true he never quoted stating that he worked specifically on KI2T then I have a theory: Perhaps he helped work on the original KARR and not KI2T at all? Perhaps he never worked on KI2T himself but took what he knew and created KI3T years later. As far as I can recall, it was never established who worked on KARR (besides Wilton himself) unlike the specific scientists that created KI2T.
He clearly stated in the pilot as they were climbing out the back window in the motel room "There was another KITT in another time, ...... , After I built the first KITT and was moved too....." while he was with Mike & Jennifer.

See this is the stuff I want to hear in the series, not this stupid who is getting with who crap every week.

Joe

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:01 am

no kidding? I have to watch that ep again. thanks JJSOCRAZY for bringing this up

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 am

I believe that the truth on the whole 'who created what" thing is that...
Wilton Knight created KARR, the prototype and believed it would be used like KITT, but the flaw was found and he was deactivated.
But we must remember that Wilton was also dying when KITT was being made, if i recall he was a rushed progress, Devon was in charge of KITT being made. The original team assembled by Wilton Knight who designed and realized K.I.T.T. -- Dr. Von Voorman, Dr. Breeland, and Dr. Yamata. Others responsible for the supercar's capabilities include Marco Berio, Dr. William Albert (both from KILLER K.I.T.T.) and Dr. Ian Browning (DEADLY KNIGHTSHADE).**

Graiman can slip in this gap by say, those three scientist could have worked on the body of the car, while Graiman redesigned the car's AI.

** taken from knightriderarchive.com
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!