K.I.T.T vs SKYNET

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

loneknight4000
Recruit

K.I.T.T vs SKYNET

Post by loneknight4000 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 am

What do ppl think would happen if K.I.T.T and SKYNET (skynet is the AI from terminator) AIs where pitted against eachother who would come out on top

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: K.I.T.T vs SKYNET

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:48 am

Hmmm SKYNET = KARR?

O_o

Anyway, SKYNET becomes self aware, KITT is already self aware. Problem is Skynet apparently had no "laws" programmed into it or just thought they best way to preserve human life was to eliminate and enslave it.. KITT always seems prone to getting hacked so unfortunately unless all communication was cut off before hand it could infect KITT's system unless KITT is able to fight off the infection... Hmmm....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 am

I think Kitt's Prime Directive would override the Skynet infection. When Skynet gained conciousness, its conclusion was that humanity will one day destroy themselves. In order to keep itself from harm's way, Skynet wanted to solve the problem by eliminating the problematic factor, that is, humankind. Kitt was malprogrammed sometimes to harm peole and his Prime Directive was always stronger (remember Chariot of Gold?). Another important factor is that Kitt is self-conscious himself and thus a real opponent of Skynet. He might have a limited capacity than the Skynet (by the 2020's, Skyet incorporated most of the surviving computer networks into its own system, thus gaining an almost infinite computer capacity), however, Kitt has somehing the Skynet has not: the human factor. The Skynet is pure logic, Kitt is the balance between logic and human emotions. Human thinking made the resistance forces overcome the Betas and even the Alpha infiltrator units at the battlefield. So my money is on Kitt, although there are many unknown factors.
If the epic clash would take place in the Terminator timeline's near future and Kitt would still exist, his functionality would be narrowed as 1, the ruined cities are unfit for a car 2, Kitt could not get the proper maintenance due to the lack of professionals and even spare parts 3, there is only a limited amout of fuel 4, the radiation would cause malfunctions in at least a few of his modules. And there is still an army of Terminators, Hunter-Killers and Silverworms for Kitt to Turbo Boost himself through and with all the plasma weaponry and Kitt (in the best case scenario) with a sole laser emitter, that is one hard job.
If the clash would take place at the beginning of the war, Kitt would be still in his top capacity and Skynet still limited and with only a handful of (pre-)Terminators, Kitt has high chances in reaching NORAD and 1, destroy the Skynet main computer 2, damage it to an extent that it remains "alive" but unable to control its drones.

All facts are from the pre-T3 timeline, some of them are from the novels of Christopher Sethfield et. al., and thus maybe not completely canonical. As for the T3 timeline, I don't know too much facts. And yeah, don't say a word, I'm a geek.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:40 am

hmm I agree mostly with hungarianknight, however, I would say that with KITT vs Skynet, it would be mostly a software battle, that is to say, KITT trying to hack into skynet and destroy it. Although KITT could try to microjam aircraft and get them to attack the skynet base, but I think by the 2020s skynet probably doesn't have a central computer per se. I agree that KITT's "human factor" would make it win... :)

--Brian

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:41 am

HungarianKnight,

Damn...and I thought I knew more than the average Terminator fan!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:05 am

This one is a horrible match up.

First off...a brilliant hacker kid and some inside people have turned KITT into a puppet without too much trouble.

Second off...SkyNet was protected by the government and sprang it's intelligence in a surprise attack that even KITT probably wouldn't have been able to detect or counter in time.

Third off...SkyNet has that pesky time travel capacity. Even the dream of KITT can be permanently destroyed by sending a Terminator machine into the right time frame. Say, kill Wilton Knight's grandfather or something. Wouldn't be anything for a geneology trace. But, that gets very sticky to even deal with.

...so...

Let us say that it's KITT vs. that latest, greatest class of Terminators that has the infiltration probe thing. KITT has no problem with trying to run one of them down, as they are not even living. It sticks it's probe where the sun don't shine. In seconds flat, the Two Thousand's computer systems are completely overrun with futuristic AI hacking. Even, if by some miracle the mind of KITT can resist inside that black box, (which is highly doubtful, as it's only 20'th century circuitry) it'll be cut off from the rest of the vehicle's operations, instantly.

...or...

Disregard all the futuristic stuff and KITT attacks SkyNet, directly. Which version? The central mind that's deep inside a mountain? (Was it Cheyanne???) That's sure to be protected with tons of military hardware and those bomb proof doors. Heck. That thing might even launch a missile or two at KITT from miles away. Or, are we talking the newer version that lives on the whole frigging internet? Dumb little virii run wild in that existance, because it's so impossible to defend against a threat that can come from a thousand points at once. Don't even bother trying to fight one that has intelligence on it's side. Aye. KITT would stand the best chance of being the virtual defender to such a threat. Since KITT could apply the same tactics over a few Humans centered at keyboards and single PC's...whose singular access points can be disrupted. Still, the job is going to be nowhere near easy.

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 am

I think KITT would win. Although I am blinded by faith and a staunch refusal to believe anything (or anybody can get the better of KITT.

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 am

I need your engine, tires and shock absorbers......
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:50 am

loneknight4000 wrote:What do ppl think would happen if K.I.T.T and SKYNET (skynet is the AI from terminator) AIs where pitted against eachother who would come out on top
WHAT....THE....F*CK????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 am

Wow, when they started explaining PROMETHEUS in the new movie, I actually went to myself: Wow, sounds like Skynet...big brother, ftw! .... But I think KITT would win, simply because he'd be a sentient opponent, not just a machine that SKYNET could take over without a fight.
~The Monster's Loose....:karr: