opening title sequence

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

opening title sequence

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:07 pm

anyone got any clues as to what the opening sequence of the movie will be like????

TKR and KR2000 both paid homage to the desert sequence

should the new incarnation do the same???

from the clips ive seen the new KR seems more urban than TOS so would a desert sequence be fitting???

i would like to see something along those lines, or if not, maybe a tribute to the first time MK met KITT...

pitch black then the scanner flickering into life....

any thoughts/sploilers/clues welcome on this one....

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: opening title sequence

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:14 pm

Will there even be an opening credit sequence? There are going to be no shots of the first 13 episodes of the season to intermix, only footage from the Pilot, because that's obviously all that's been made.

If there is going to be any type of opening sequence, I think they're going to ditch the desert sequence altogether. I think they will have a similar opening shot, but possibly more on city streets at night. Maybe even an explosion behind the Knight 3000 for a more dramatic effect not unlike the Knight 4000 simulation in Knight Rider 2000.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 am

They should keep it for the series, and possibly just do a completely new one. I'd like to see that, otherwise you'll have the usual "not as good as the orignal" comments, no matter how much better it actually is.

For the movie it probably won't have one. The original KR pilot did, but they already had episodes filmed and you can tell when Bonnie has been cut from it when you listen to the music. Thought it would've been better without it, as it spoils some scenes. Plus Stu Phillips didn't want any of the theme played until we saw the car for the first time, but adding in titles ruined that effect.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:10 am

The fanboy in me would love to see a "traditional" opening sequence with the car driving in the desert (even TKR did this). However, considering how limited time will be in this movie I can forgive them forgoing an opening sequence and just getting into the story.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 am

I just re-watched the title sequence from the pilot, and there's no footage in it that wasn't from the pilot, so it's entirely possible they could make it work here just with footage from the new TV movie.

But as goldbug just pointed out, most shows don't even have theme songs these days, what with the commercials taking up so much time, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a theme song.

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm

JL wrote:I just re-watched the title sequence from the pilot, and there's no footage in it that wasn't from the pilot, so it's entirely possible they could make it work here just with footage from the new TV movie.

But as goldbug just pointed out, most shows don't even have theme songs these days, what with the commercials taking up so much time, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a theme song.
And that opening sequence made no sense to the film! Why see our hero driving about and everything set up when it's only the pilot? It also ruined the way Stu Phillips had created his score for the film, and it contained spoilers. The A-Team and Airwolf had better ideas, what with them treating their pilots as movies that stand alone too, and this is hopefully what this film will do too.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 pm

knightendo_phil wrote:The A-Team and Airwolf had better ideas, what with them treating their pilots as movies that stand alone too, and this is hopefully what this film will do too.
yeah, i have the pilot episode of Airwolf from a DVDR disc and it feels more like a film than a pilot for the tv there is even NO opening credits just shots of the copter and the classic theme when it fires up :mrgreen:.

AIRWOLF pilot film opening

*note* the Universal studios film intro which is funny as that version of the Uni logo was created only a few years ago :P.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot