2009 proto type Trans Am

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

lghaze42
Stranger

2009 proto type Trans Am

Post by lghaze42 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:40 pm

I know this has been talked about before but I think the 2009 concept Trans Am should have been the new K.I.T.T. It's like making a new Dukes of Hazzard and using a Camaro or a remake of Bullit and using a Corvette.The concept T.A. looks like a new version of K.I.T.T. should look.Go to High Performance Pontiac.com and have a look.

knightendo_phil
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 2009 proto type Trans Am

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh please, stop all this already! Had a look, still prefer the Mustang, they went for the right choice! This is a new Knight Rider: N.E.W. I wish people would stop wanting to have a rerun of everything that has gone before with "Trans Am" this and "Turbo Boost" that. This is 2007, not 1987. I prefer originality.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:36 pm

if you prefer originality why do you want all new stuff, instead of the original stuff?

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:42 pm

That made no sense. If it had all the stuff from the original series it wouldn't be original, it would just be a copy. The original series was a classic. But to make a sequel now you need to move with the times people, the show has, whether you like it or not. I, personally, do, and look forward to watching the film when it hits British shores. If you all want to pan it before it's even out then you're the ones missing out, not me.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 pm

I, too, actually think the Mustang is a breathe of fresh air. I am looking forward to the movie, I'll give it a chance. If I don't like it I'll change the channel, but there isn't a whole lot of anything on TV here on Sunday Night anymore.

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:06 pm

With all due respect, the powers that be have spoken and they have chosen the Mustang. With me, it is a wait and see attitude with the new show. I'm still partial to the T/A and there is a part of me that will always be. In many ways, the old KITT was way ahead of it's time. Because, there wasn't a lot of stuff that KITT had that a lot of cars on that era didn't have. And when KR came out you saw a lot of car makers being more creative with looks and technology in trying to keep up with the times. Now, twenty years later the new KR has to be ahead of it's time. And right now, especially if you watched the Detroit Auto Show, the cars now have a lot of technological advances that one could only dream about 20 years ago. And the new KITT has to compete with that. So, like I said just wait and see. :kitt:

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:33 pm

You hit in on the head when you started the thread out with proto type Trans am this in essence not reasonable. A proto type is a experimental car not a production line vehicle. When making a tv show they need many cars for different aspects of creating the show. They need a hero car that is immaculate for in close shots and they need a buck for green screen and they need stunts cars that they can rig and trash. So they need readily available parts to replace or build a proto type car has no readily available parts nor is there a lot of them cause theres only one of them hence proto type also I think the 2009 Trans am is just drawings and not even built yet.

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:46 pm

There's also the very simple reason that the Mustang rocks! :D :D

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:50 pm

There is no prototype '09 Trans Am. Unless you're referring to the Camaro concept... Bob Lutz, from GM, has stated many times that the Firebird won't be coming back. I have a feeling that after the premier, some of you will be changing your tune about the Mustang though...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:18 pm

You sure you don't mean the 2011 Pontiac T/A concept.

This would be better for the movie.

David
Rookie

Post by David » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:08 pm

The screaming chicken looks retarded on that less than pretty boat, which is if anything even more bulky than the 2008 Mustang. By the way, that pic is just a mock up done by Problete.

Also, I love how GM are all anti-Knight Rider, yet are quite happy to milk the Smokey and The Bandit connection.

DUMB DUMB DUMB (and I say that as a fan of SATB).