KITT is Back - NBC Commercial

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT is Back - NBC Commercial

Post by neps » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:14 am

They aired another :30 second commercial tonight during Las Vegas. I'm trying to record Conan now - hopefully they will air it again.

But in the mean time you can view it at nbc.com here:
http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/#mea=215820

Also: I spoke to David Bartis today about Val Kilmers VO work. They just completed it yesterday and he said there wont be time to get him into any commercials. So this mean this commercial and any before it - is *NOT* him. (i guess i should ask who it is!)

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITT is Back - NBC Commercial

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:25 am

wow, that was awesome, the theme music sounds exactly like the original, the voice modulator looked really cool in the close up view. still sounds like karr, but i love the deep tone voice.
in glen larson we trust.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:46 am

That was AWESOME! I love the way they remastered the KR Theme and the way KITT sounds is great, hopefully that is what Val Kilmer sounds like, maybe its filtered too.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:48 am

I've uploaded it to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8miCi77bxY

but it seems it wasn't on during conan. going to tape the leno repeat (the only thing left in hd tonight) if its not there, maybe tomorrow! *kicks self*

Also check out these screen grabs. The voice modulator looks pretty good closeup - more so then with the other stuff going on.

Check out to the stick shift. In an interview with Ted Moser he said that KITT in driving mode hides the gear shift, only revealing it going into "manual" mode. This looks to be what he was talking about.
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (100.91 KiB) Viewed 18025 times
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (91.72 KiB) Viewed 18018 times

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 am

neps wrote:I've uploaded it to youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8miCi77bxY

but it seems it wasn't on during conan. going to tape the leno repeat (the only thing left in hd tonight) if its not there, maybe tomorrow! *kicks self*

Also check out these screen grabs. The voice modulator looks pretty good closeup - more so then with the other stuff going on.

Check out to the stick shift. In an interview with Ted Moser he said that KITT in driving mode hides the gear shift, only revealing it going into "manual" mode. This looks to be what he was talking about.
Picture 1.png
Picture 2.png

Yea I am going to try and record Leno in HD on my Cable DVR box and hopefully catch something, that trailer really moved me and I really can't wait till next Sunday!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:55 am

This movie is going to rock!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:18 am

Music made that commercial for me, that rocks. The more I see of this pilot the more interest it generates.....looking good so far.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Transparent
Rookie

Post by Transparent » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:35 am

Looks very very cool and the music sounds great..

MMMmmm geek out...

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:52 am

Thanks for the Kilmer info, neps!

That commercial again is geek-tastic! The thing with the 'manual mode' is a nice idea. And the voice modulator does indeed look good.
Yay, so excited! :)

EDIT:

Oh, I may be mistaken and it may be just a reflection, but it seems there's really no MOMO on the wheel. Look:
wheel.png
wheel.png (89.42 KiB) Viewed 17919 times

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:23 am

Yeah i noticed that the momo logos were gone the other day, i was hoping they would get rid of them. As for the stick shift thats kinda weird but it could be cool & it seems to me that it looks like a automatic made to look like a manual.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:50 am

That was another good teaser and while I still wish the VM was more at a eye level, I'm not hating it, I still think they could do better with it if it goes to series. But it's not so bad as I thought from my initial reaction to it.... I still.... Think it'd look better blue for some reason.. >_>

I saw Momo was gone too in that "tour", I'm glad for that. It just looked a bit too tacky. Now if only they could chop off the bottom of it... I also hope they don't go too far with the toying of Kilmer's voice to where it's similar to what the place holder sounds like in most of the previews.

Okay, I'm watching it a couple more times and then try to fall asleep...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

jaws
Volunteer

Post by jaws » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:29 am

Sweet commercial, I just need to watch NBC so I can see these firsthand. That shifter is wild. Can't wait for the 17th.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:26 am

I think blue would look better too, I do not like the modulator at all though.....I think a highly enhanced version of the original one would look better, if that makes any sense.

KITT-2008
Volunteer

Post by KITT-2008 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 am

This commercial rocked. :shock: I love the music. This movie is going to be the sh**
HELLO MIKE

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm not sure why they keep saying that "KITT is back" when this is not the original KITT.

I understand that they use part of the original KITTs CPU, but this is suppose to be a whole different KITT and not just the original upgraded?

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:25 pm

It's nothing more than a marketing slogan mate. The KITT name is back, but the Knight Industries Two Thousand is not. It's a deliberately murky marketing campaign that's designed to attract fans of the original series with the KITT name, and new fans with the visuals of the Shelby GT500KR.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Wow, that redone theme sounded great!

I don't think we should get our hopes up TOO high that we'll hear it in the movie though. It could just be an advertising thing to grab people's attention. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened (remember how the Batman Forever trailers used the Burton theme? Or the Alien 3 trailers used the Aliens theme?)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:37 pm

davejames wrote:Wow, that redone theme sounded great!

I don't think we should get our hopes up TOO high that we'll hear it in the movie though. It could just be an advertising thing to grab people's attention. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened (remember how the Batman Forever trailers used the Burton theme? Or the Alien 3 trailers used the Aliens theme?)
I think you're right. Also we need to realize that the telepic isn't even completed yet, and that there is no time to include Val Kilmer's voice in the commercials, so if the new theme has been established by now, it also probably won't be able to be included in the commercials. It would be nice if they kept the "rock" version of the theme for the background score during the movie, though.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightstand
Recruit

Post by knightstand » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:42 pm

The more I see of the TV movie the more I like it....I will say this though-when KITT says "I detect an increase in blood pressure and heart rate in both of you" and then Michael says "I'm NOT talking to you about this" I had flash backs to good ole days, where KITT would say things like "Can't you associate with just one woman, Michael" They have kept the spirit of the original. I was smiling ear to ear!

However, I will say that Arnett was growing on me and I hope that VK does just as good a job.

They have kept the spirit of the original.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:26 pm

davejames wrote:Wow, that redone theme sounded great!

I think it was shapeshifter who told us way back in december that the original theme indeed WILL be used in a new version as the title theme for the pilot / new series. If it will be this rock version, we'll have to see.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah, marketing does stuff like that all the time, only problem is that it makes people think it's the original KITT so then we get to see a bunch of unhappy people. I do kind of wish the VM was more like an advanced version of the three bar design but as I've said, the original KITT didn't start with that either so hopefully it'll be tweaked later on. Would anyone like to do a little photoshop on it to show exactly what it'd look like if it were blue? :D

I recall reading that there was an idea of having several different mixes of the theme done to make it different with each episode or something like that if it went to series. I doubt they'd do that because it might be way too much work...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:21 pm

That was F'N Awesome!! I got chills when i heard the Theme...next week can't get here fast enough! Sad part is I know i'm going to be dissapointed when it's over becuase I'm going to want more and sadly we won't have anymore until at least September. But man am i pumped!

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:31 pm

What I find amusing is that back when I was 13-14 and KR was being reaired during the 90s, I used to dream of having a KITT with a dual auto/manual gearbox. Back then, I really liked the idea of a manual KITT but at the same time it'd be cool to have an auto gearbox. My solution to this dual-transmission would be to have a gearstick with a button next to it. Press the button and the auto gear stick would retract (telescopically), the base+stick flips 180 degrees and the manual gear stick would protract telescopically. Since everything would be electronically controlled, it wouldn't matter that there wasn't anything underneath the gear lever!

Still, I like the idea of the manual gearbox in KITT, even it's not the original.

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 am

I love the new VM and it has to stay red, that's a direct homage to the original. KR2000 went for blue and it sucked.

They're not going to redo Kilmer's voice either, they won't hire such a big star just to tweak him to an unrecognisable degree!
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 am

I love the new VM and it has to stay red, that's a direct homage to the original. KR2000 went for blue and it sucked.

They're not going to redo Kilmer's voice either, they won't hire such a big star just to tweak him to an unrecognisable degree!
"I got better things to do tonight than die."