When will it be shown in the UK?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rocketronnie75
Volunteer

When will it be shown in the UK?

Post by rocketronnie75 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Anyone have any ideas when the new Knight rider Pilot be shown in the UK?

MrPayner
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: When will it be shown in the UK?

Post by MrPayner » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 am

Maybe email the network it was last shown on to see if they'll pick it up?

I'm hanging to see which channel [if any] will show it in Australia!

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:00 am

yeah I am too..
--knightman--

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:11 am

When i was a kid it used to be aired by 7/capital.. however now that it's no longer on air, i think that 7/PRIME could be the one to pick it up..

Adz

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:01 am

This has to be the number one question in my inbox everyday at the moment.
The new promo will be a USA release only for the time being. If the ratings are high and the reviews are good, i would presume the producers will export it to the highest bidders over here in UK and elsewhere. I have emailed a few stations here one of which is Bravo, who have constantly played Knight Rider for many years now. I'm still awaiting emails back.

Nick
Knight Rider Uk

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:12 am

Hi Nick. The only response I had is from ITV confirming that they are not currently looking at acquiring the rights to show this new Knight Rider pilot. I reckon that'll change like you say when reviews and ratings prove favourable and if the pilot turns into a series.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Long time no see, Sarfraz! How are you my friend?

I would be very surprised if any mainstream analog station picked it up! But in saying that, i could see it being on channel 5! Shame you cant pick it up without Sky or freeview lol.

Again, really good to see you.

Nick

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:34 pm

Been on the low profile, even with this forum. Just getting back into KR after hearing about the new show. Otherwise, very well thanks.

Back on topic, US shows seem to be flavour of the month with Heroes performing well on BBC and Bionic Woman coming to ITV4. Doubt BBC will get KR simply because they'll have more interested parties wanting to buy it. I'm still putting money on ITV simply because they have always been eager to show both KR2000 and TKR.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Can't see the BBC wanting it either, they're too focused on producing original material over here, which is a great thing to be happening in Britain I have to say! Doctor Who, Torchwood and Robin Hood have all been fantastic entertainment.

I hope ITV does not get the movie. If they do, they will either show it at tea-time and cut it to ribbons as they did both the original series when it was repeated in the nineties, or they'll shove it on to ITV4, which let's face it, isn't exactly mainstream television. That channel is ITV's way of silencing a lot of critics who have given off about ITV not buying the good American imports, or when they do showing them in the early hours of the morning, but at the same time they don't have to show too much commitment. They shove them on to ITV4, out of the way, with no publicity.

Five. Again, please no! They showed KR at stupidly early times as part of their children's breakfast shows, and even when they went through the whole run of movies (the six in the original series and the two spin-offs) in a run of weekly Sunday showings, they put them on at tea-time and they were cut to ribbons! KR2010 especially is not suited to that time, but still they went ahead. Let's face it, it's not as if the original series, when viewed uncut on DVD, is that bad at all! The cuts both ITV and Five made to it were laughable!! Any drame show that has any fantasy or science-fiction element to it, and Five treat it as kiddies' material. See also Charmed for one example.

Our best hope, I personally feel, is that the same will happen to new Knight Rider as when new Battlestar Galactica began. That is, a long run of showings on the Sky Movie channels, then as soon as the series got picked up, a repeat on Sky One. Then, just before the first season was to be shown on Sky One they repeated it on that channel. Sky One did a fantastic job with Stargate (yes it is now shown repeated at tea-times and trimmed, but all first-run episodes were shown uncut in prime time) and Battlestar Galactica. Even the ones that ended up cancelled after one year (like Robocop and Total Recall 2070) got the prime-time treatment.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."