Interview with David Bartis

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo_phil
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Interview with David Bartis

Post by knightendo_phil » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:47 am

I have to say that I disagree about the Airwolf models lol, they were the wrong colour and all the details like rivets etc were obvious by their absense. And the CGI in Day Another Day... my word, I felt insulted as a huge fan that they used the Bond music over that awful piece of garbage surfing scene!

As for the KR models, I remember reading "The Knight Rider Album" and they had actually filmed the mid-way crash between KITT and Goliath in "Goliath" with the real truck and car, but for some reason changed it to models. It wasn't too bad, though I remember being embarrassed watching Goliath Returns! Especially the scene where KITT was sinking, I just sat there thinking "that looks NOTHING like KITT!". Season four was much better at handling the models though. Forget Sky Knight, but other episodes did quite well, especially Burial Ground.

As for MBS, I'm sure KITT is gonna be reinforced in some way, but I think he may be able to take damage too. He won't be able to have MBS (as we learn in Goliath that the formula was split between any two of three people) so maybe this new technology is a way of substituting that.

I can't wait for the stunts in this new show, they sound like they're gonna blow us away, just as KR did all those years ago. This new show shouldn't be a copy of the original, it should be setting new precedents just like the original did, and I'm so happy that that is exactly the way the new producers and writers are thinking too :D
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:19 am

knightendo_phil wrote:As for MBS, I'm sure KITT is gonna be reinforced in some way, but I think he may be able to take damage too. He won't be able to have MBS (as we learn in Goliath that the formula was split between any two of three people) so maybe this new technology is a way of substituting that.
Well, it's a question of where they want to go. Logically I feel there's no reason the MBS would die with the people who know the formula. Since each of the three people who know it know two of the three parts, two of them can complete the formula. So if one dies, they can bring in a 'new third man'.

Ofcource, if logic played its part, no one would have left Goliath's shell out in the desert!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Same goes for KARR post Trust Doesn't Rust and look what happened! Some guy with just a metal detector found him. :P Ditto for KITT vs KARR, we never see anyone pick up the pieces, especially the CPU that was apparently still "alive". Certainly FLAG can't be this lazy or sloppy can they?

By the way, it's Monday! Bring on part two! :D

That would've worked better if I posted this at 12:01am my time. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightendo_phil
Rookie

Post by knightendo_phil » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Just read the second part of the interview. Man, he likes to play things close to his chest at times lol, in regards to the possible series, but I wouldn't have it any other way, after all we don't want anything spoilt for us.

I was never worried about the dashboard living up to expectations, but hopefully this part of the interview will put other people's minds at rest and make them realise that the kind of dash KITT had in the eighties would simply not do these days, it would look antiquated before he even did anything. I really can't wait to see what he can do.

The stunt work sounds superb too, and most of all he just seems so enthusiatic about what they have been able to put into this pilot movie! :D :D :D

Especially glad to hear that they have already been selling it abroad. I said as much recently, but it was only a guess, that they would probably be doing it already. Hopefully it'll turn up here on Sky Movies or Sky One or something like that where it'll get the right treatment.
"I got better things to do tonight than die."

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Interesting interview, can't wait for interview with Sydney. I hope tomorrow (in my country now it's 11PM) website will work fine, i couldn't open this website today till ~9PM in my country.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 pm

D'oh! I didn't see Neil already put it up...... Late Sunday night! *Smacks forehead* Guess I should have checked the main page again. If only he wasn't so evasive...... :lol:
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Fantastic interview! Somehow I hoped for a question regarding future involvements of the Hoff if the new KR is turned into a series, although the answer most certainly would have been "Possibly" ;)
As knightendo_phil already said, he likes to play things close to his chest at times, but that's part of the fun of this whole ride. The answer "possibly" regarding more classic elements just leaves so much room for speculation and dreaming.

Recent rumors have it the writer's strike is close to an end. Let's hope that's true, this may be a factor in deciding whether NBC goes for a series or not.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah the writer's strike might come to an end this week hopefully, but then this summer there's the potential SAG strike which could still put a halt to everything again, but I kind of doubt it'll get that far. At least scripts could be written.