The Heritage Of Mike Tracer

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knighthazzard
Recruit

The Heritage Of Mike Tracer

Post by knighthazzard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:30 pm

I heard a rumour that Mike Tracer learns that Michael Knight\ Long was his father in the premierre. As to his mother. I would like to see one of the three possibilities introduced: -

1) A nice touch and homage to the original would be if it turns out that Mike Tracer is the child of both Stephanie Mason and Michael Knight as this would tie in with the original quite nicely. Afterall Stevie only made 3 appearances in the original series before being murdured in series 4. A way the producers could orchastrate it would be if Devon Miles and Stevie had made arrangements to keep Tracers existence a secret from Michael and the outside world to protect him from criminals that would want to wreak revenge on Michael Knight. Devon could have made arrangements for a name change and foster care for Tracer after Stevies death. They both could have chose to hide the truth from Michael believing that it would be in his best interests not to know of his existence in order to protect Tracer

2) Alternatively they could go with the avenue of April Curtis being Tracers mother (unlikely). However, she did disappear at the end of Season 2 so who knows? This would fit the time line. However, only harmless flirting was portrayed in the series between Knight and Curtis. No true love connection was established- not to the extent of that between Michael and Stevie or Bonnie Barstow

3) Another option would be Bonnie Barstow being Tracers biological mother- this could provide some elaboration or re introduction of the character played by Patricia MacPherson if it ever went to a series- Also Bonnie left the Foundation between Series 1 and 3- so maybe she could have been keeping a secret from Michael during that time

4) A random outsider or lady of the week although personally I would prefer one of the earlier choices

5) Tracer could be the love child of Garthe Knight and Adrian Margot, but due to similarities of appearance Tracer mistakes Knight for being his father (Kidding about that part!)

Knight316
Operative

Re: The Heritage Of Mike Tracer

Post by Knight316 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm

I like the first option. It's definately the most viable one. It could end up that after Devon's death, as aprt of the will or wahtnot Michael is given a package/videotape which tell him about Tracer and why he was kept away from him, etc. I was also thinking that maybe Stevie had the baby just after Michael Long "died". She could have figured she couldn't raise it on her own so she gave it up and only told Devon about it in the event that something should happen to her. Not sure how that part of it would fit in with the timeline, but lets face it TV shows screw up timelines all the time.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Except that it would do a lot more than just screw up the time line. It would make no sense. His mother isn't going to be Bonnie, April, Stevie, KITT, KARR, Mary Lou, Hillbilly #3 or any female that had a significant role in the show. We don't need plot holes that are going to show up to be any bigger.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:17 pm

I agree as a lifelong fan of the show I would not want the producers to mess with the timeline as often done with other shows. I was just exploring the possibilities and how they could tie in. I believe Option #1 would be the most viable. However, Options 1-3 could be pulled off without messing with the time line if Tracer is 23. For example Stevie only makes 3 appearances on the show- in Season 4 (her last appearance) very little is revealed about her whereabouts between seasons 2-4. Tracer could have been born between this timeline. Producers could adopt a similar strategy between options 2-3 e.g Aprils departure and Bonnies disappearance at the end of season 1, reintroduction in Season 3. The Bonnie Option is unlikely as would most likely interfere with timescales etc

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:24 pm

Or, how about this one:

Mike Tracer is the result of a casual relationship of Michael Long's which occured shortly before his "murder" and when he took up the name and appearance of Michael Knight. Michael was unaware he had a son until (in an unwritten episode that took place sometime after the TV show ended :wink: ) bad guys figured out his original identity and went after the mom and kid. Michael and the original KITT saved the day, but the mom is furious and only agrees to go under the Foundation's protection (hence Mike's growing up with Sarah Graimen) only if Michael agrees never to see her son again and never reveal who he is or otherwise put them in danger. Michael sadly agrees, which is why he's never met his son.

That cover the bases? :D

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm

No, no, no. Absolutely not. None of these ideas are realistic at all.

If Mike is 23 in 2008, he was born in 1985. There is no way that Stevie would have bore Michael's son and not told him a damn word of it. Absolutely not.

Long was shot in 1982, 2 or 3 years before Tracer was born, so the Michael Long concept wouldn't work either.

Bonnie was gone from 1983-1984, so that option doesn't work too.

You really have to be realistic here... Stevie would never keep that from him, especially after they rekindled their romance full on in 1986. Do you think had she lived, she would say "I love you, Michael, by the way there's a baby we made somewhere out there."

I am with PHXZero. These ideas would mess up established canon in addition to being completely unrealistic.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:23 pm

it is interesting that the guy that is playing Mike Tracer looks more like Michael Long, before he got shot. He really shouldn't look like Michael Knight, Right?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 am

Right, he should look more like Michael Long due to the whole DNA thing, unless Wilton's doctors were able to magically alter that too. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:47 am

well, i would assume that the mother of Mike Tracer/Traceur (what's the officially correct spelling for the name?) would go by the same surname, i.e. Trace(u)r.
so she's either been some random love interest for Michael some 23 years ago and from then on a single mom, or she became pregnant from michael and married someone named Trace(u)r afterwards, which would explain Mike's name.
only the latter would allow the mother to be someone we've seen in the original show before.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:05 am

The proper spelling looks to be Traceur. Good thing they didn't make the car a Mercury..

Anyway, as I've said before, Michael relationships/one night stands with many women during the show's run, either the "babe of the week" who probably shared her gratitude either between the time of the last commercial break and the ending of the episode or maybe after and he had a few that we only hear about but never saw. All we know for sure right now is that it was someone in or or around in spring 1983 to 1984 which if he was carried to full term would lead Mike to have been born sometime in late late winter (past the TV movie's premiere date) 1984 and early 1985.

knightny
Rookie

Post by knightny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:24 am

I was thinking the same thing concerning the resemblance of Mike Traceur and Michael Long. Here is a link to Larry Anderson's (the guy who played Long) IMDB page with pictures.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0027055/

Compare those pics to Justin Breuning and I have to say if they thought of this beforehand when casting then I say bravo! Good thinking.

:mrgreen:

David
Rookie

Post by David » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Do we know Tracer's age for sure?

I'd prefer them to go with Bonnie as the mother sometime after the end of Season 4. As a kid I always did want them to get together!

I could care less about screwing with KR2000's murky role in the overall series "canon".

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:39 pm

knighthazzard wrote:5) Tracer could be the love child of Garthe Knight and Adrian Margot, but due to similarities of appearance Tracer mistakes Knight for being his father (Kidding about that part!)
I had a story years ago about FLAG finding a new operative and later in the series it turned out his parents were Garthe and Adrienne. So I like the idea.... however, in this case, I would rather it be Stevie or Bonnie, since I think they could be much more believable and accepted by the fan base.

I can't wait for this to become a series so we can find out!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:13 pm

I have to disagree with that, either one leaves far too big a hole in continuity. It's really a lot less believable than if it was just some babe he met between late season two and season three.. It would make Stevie look REALLY bad in hot telling Michael about it in the past and really clashes with continuity. Bonnie doesn't fit at all either since no where was there ever any indication she was pregnant and besides that she and Michael never really had that kind of relationship. It's not going to be someone who played a significant role in the series. Mike is 23 (unless they've changed his age) during the events of this TV movie which takes place in 2008 which means that he either turned 23 in 2007 or very early 2008.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.... Just two more days! :D