An update...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: An update...

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:09 am

All I am saying is that the original show was, like the Dukes of Hazzard, simply a fun show. You didn't have to think to hard about the plot lines, it was simple, fun, and entertaining. I don't see how a few Turbo Boosts and Ski Modes would hurt anything here and there. They don't have to do it in Every episode. I just see it coming, as a kind of CSI on wheels, and we have enought CSI shows on every channel to fill every night of the week.

Now, with all that said, even though I doubt you'll see a series out of this show, I would much rather have this on on a Sunday night than what is airing now.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:All I am saying is that the original show was, like the Dukes of Hazzard, simply a fun show. You didn't have to think to hard about the plot lines, it was simple, fun, and entertaining. I don't see how a few Turbo Boosts and Ski Modes would hurt anything here and there. They don't have to do it in Every episode. I just see it coming, as a kind of CSI on wheels, and we have enought CSI shows on every channel to fill every night of the week.

Now, with all that said, even though I doubt you'll see a series out of this show, I would much rather have this on on a Sunday night than what is airing now.
Why do you doubt that there will be a series? Because it doesn't contain the specific elements you're looking for? Give this a chance.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:09 pm

I sure as h*ll am giving this a chance... if anything I am gonna enjoy it, if the trailers are anything to go by... besides... like in the original show Turbo Boost was used only when it had to be... maybe, there just is no reason for KITT to use it in the Pilot... so no harm done in my eyes!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:12 pm

They're making it sound more like the car has no Turbo Boost, and not as though it does have it and doesn't use it. I don't know, maybe they'll at least throw in some 2-Wheel driving. :? I liked that best anyhow. BTW Did they use Turbo Boost and Ski-Mode in Team Knight Rider?? I never got into that show, it did nothing for me......

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:39 pm

No they did not... al the cars did in Team Knight Rider is nag... doing no driving... and just being plain boring.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:34 pm

But KRO was cool! :lol:

I only saw a few episodes of TKR and yeah the cars didn't do much of anything except have stupid voices. But wait, they had that one vehicle that would "magically" split apart into motorcycles or something didn't they?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:50 pm

I know it's fashionable to dump on TKR, but I have to admit one of the things I enjoyed about it were the voices. It was explained that each vehicle's personality/voice was partly based on the mind of its driver (hence the reason KRO went nutzoid). I thought Dante had a great "leader" voice with its accent. Domino sounded just like one would expect of a "sexy red car" while Beast's voice was tough and growly, just like you'd expect a vehicle named "Beast" to sound. The bikes were a bit annoying I agree, but Plato was mostly played up for laughs anyhow.

If you really want to trash TKR, go for the jugular: the writing. THAT is what nuked the show sadly. The irony is, part of its weakness is that in tone, it actually followed the 80's series a lot, and that was part of the problem. It didn't quite modernize the show enough to suit the tastes of a 90's audience.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 pm

I DEFINITELY Like the voice, Val Kilmer, however, from that new commercial, I DEFINITELY DO NOT Like the new voice BOX, at all. Too reminiscent of Knight Rider 2000. I think it would have looked better as a more modern version of the old voice box, sort of.... enhanced? But I guess it is what it is.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 pm

I totally agree with you. I think Kilmer will do a good job as Kitt may even be a little less gruff than the version we have heard thus far. The voice box I posted in another thread below about my feelings on it. Which is that I really don't like the KR2000 looking display .viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10871