Knight Rider Special: My KR Fan-fic Universe

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MJknight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Special: My KR Fan-fic Universe

Post by MJknight » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Now, I am sure most of you have read Knight Rider fan-fiction before and have seen cross-overs to an extent one time or another. But, this is one cross-over you probably never thought you would read.

HungarianKnight has read my work at Deviantart.com and is a big supporter of my material. He likes how I've stayed true to how Knight Rider was, but took it forward in the new age with a new young Knight, but the only Knight car as a Mustang in this is D.E.L.I.A. (a fan-character/car of my own) and KITT? KITT is as he has always been. A 1982 Pontiac Trans Am with the same personality, but just vastly upgraded.

Returning characters:
* Michael Knight: Now in his early 50's, Michael is occupying the very same position that his mentor, Devon, did for so many years and doing so with super efficiency. He still has his '65 Chevy Bel-Air even though the Knight Rider 2000 storyline is being completely ignored. Michael hand-chose Modo from the Foundation's training academy where Modo had been studying and training for 3 years before he became a local field operative in Nevada and then being promoted to 'Knight' Status in 2005. Michael has a similar relationship with Modo as he did with Devon in the 80's, like a father-son relationship.
* KITT: the wise-cracking, 80's old-skool Firebird is still riding up and down the country. His capabilities have been upgraded with access to the Internet, stronger micro-jammer, DVD player, music hard-drive and an xbox (as the series progressed). KITT's personality has really evolved and grown since he was first activated in September of 1982, but still has that same lovable charm.

I introduce another new characters for the series, one being a new Knight and the other being a modern-day version of Bonnie Barstow.

The new characters I create are as follows:
* Modo Antonio Jeda; a 25 year old 6" operative hand-picked by Michael Knight to replace him as KITT's partner. Jeda, originally from England, is motivated to work for FLAG by the loss of his girlfriend, Mara Hayfield, whom was killed by taking the bullet for Modo in August 2000 so that he may live. Modo is very much like Michael in the way of getting the job done and keeping the peace, but he doesn't give KITT as much grief as Michael and views KITT as his best friend and someone to confide in when he's at his lowest.
* Maria Lakeman: The new mechanic at the start of KRS is a 25 year old girl that I based off Jessica Alba named Maria Lakeman. Not as cold to Modo as Bonnie was at times with Michael, but she does put her foot down when necessary.
* D.E.L.I.A. is a 2005 red ford Mustang GT. DELIA is an abbreviation for the Divine Elegant Logical Intelligent Automobile. When I set out creating this new Knight car I wanted to make her stand out from KITT, as going for another Trans Am would just be too predictable. So, I chose the Mustang, because it just suited her. Her scanner is mounted behind the grill (unlike the new K3000) and is blue (althought HungarianKnight maintains it's purple from his picture he did for on DA), has a dash morealess the same to KITT's (classic) but is black with red-trim.
* Amelia Lee; a 19 year old 5"5 brunette with a mysterious past that is not known a great deal of in Special. Despite being a bit of an air-head and extremely energetic, she is very committed to her love and mission of justice and law and order. Amelia is DELIA's partner.

Note: I am aware that there was a game called Knight Rider Special, but I did not know this at the time I was writing the series. In fact I only found that out after I wrote 'Prime Knight', just over a year after I started the series.

Here are the Specials so far.

Knight Rider Special: Knight of the Stars 1
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-37591265

Knight Rider Special 2: Knight of the Stars 2
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-37679087

Knight Rider Special 3: Jurassic Knights
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-38040105

Knight Rider Special 4: Amnesic Knight
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-38780106

Knight Rider Special 5: Diamond Knights
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-39850266

Knight Rider Special 6: Knights out of time
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-41139723

Knight Rider Special 7
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-50357327

Knight Rider Special 8: Sally's Life-line
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-53971101

Knight Rider Special 9: Main Event Knight
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-56741245

Knight Rider Special 10: Prime Knight
http://modojeda.deviantart.com/art/Knig ... 1-57329952

In regards to the dialogue I try to write for KITT with lines that he would most likely have said when interacting with his partner/driver (in this case, my character). That and I've seen Knight Rider more times than I could count, I know the characters fairly well, so it wasn't hard to write for them.

And as for what it's a cross-over with? Now, that is something you shall find out when you read it.

I can promise you two things:
1: It's a cross-over you never saw coming.
2: If you give it a chance, you will love it.

One of the fans' faves of the series (yes, I have fans of this fan-fic) is 'Knights out of time'. I won't say why too much as I try not to give away too many spoilers these days. But, let's just say it's one of the few times where the future meets the past.

Other things you can expect:
* Old faces you never saw coming back.
* Characters you never thought could interact with Knight Rider.
* Good stories with each Special.
* And quite a few stories that have never been tried with Knight Rider before.

Anyway, I think I have been self-promoting my fan-series long enough. I'll let you decide what you think of it.

Good night from the Knight.
Last edited by MJknight on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

DrWho2005
Operative

Re: Knight Rider Special: My KR Fan-fic Universe

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:39 pm

I am about to read these.

I always wanted to write a crossover featuring the A team and Knight Rider.
I think that would have worked on screen.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:48 pm

umm..
are you taking the pi*s with these stories?

Sorry, just had to ask before i posted what i thought.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Why would KITT only have an XBox? O_o If anything KITT wouldn't really have any actual game hardware, just that he's uhh "powerful" enough to run pretty much any game.

I'll check it out later though.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:57 am

Yo Modo!

Hey, I really like his stories. They give a new twist to the concept of Knight Rider. As for me, what do you lot think about a Knight Rider/Harry Potter crossover (and yes, Kitt is shielded against barrier radiation, commonly known as magic)?

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Hey, I read a couple of these stories and they really don't sound too bad. If I had any choice and had some input with the direction of the new KR and feature film, I would've kinda gone this route. Still have the original KITT in there and Michael as new head of FLAG. It kinda makes more sense that way. It's more a continuation and that link from old to new which is what the powers that be need to think about.

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 pm

KnightLady wrote:Hey, I read a couple of these stories and they really don't sound too bad. If I had any choice and had some input with the direction of the new KR and feature film, I would've kinda gone this route. Still have the original KITT in there and Michael as new head of FLAG. It kinda makes more sense that way. It's more a continuation and that link from old to new which is what the powers that be need to think about.
Glad that you approve. It's nice to know that my work is appreciated.

Granted, I would get a few questionable remarks on why I chose to combine the two Franchises like that, but as a writer, you don't set out to write stories that will be for everyone. But it was an idea that I kept toying with and it kept coming to me until I finally sat down and wrote the first Special.

If people, like yourself, love it, then great. That's a bonus. If some people don't like it? Well, what can I do, that's life. Knight Rider was not for everyone when it first came around, and maybe it'll be the same for this. Who knows.
DrWho2005 wrote:umm..
are you taking the pi*s with these stories?

Sorry, just had to ask before i posted what i thought.
No. Again, it was just something that kept tugging on me to write and I wanted to write a Knight Rider cross-over with something I liked equally as much in my youth, still do today.

I've had questionable remarks from people before about how could I possibly take two brands like that and merge them together. That's fine though. It means if people took the time to read it to make those kind of comments then that says that I got their attention. Granted, it's not the kind of attention I was looking for, as I do prefer to have more responses like KnightLady's. But, beggars can't be choosers.
HungarianKnight wrote:Yo Modo!

Hey, I really like his stories. They give a new twist to the concept of Knight Rider. As for me, what do you lot think about a Knight Rider/Harry Potter crossover (and yes, Kitt is shielded against barrier radiation, commonly known as magic)?
Of course you do, you've read them before, LOL! As for the Harry Potter angle; it's good. It's no different to what I've done in combining Knight Rider with Sat-Am.
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Why would KITT only have an XBox? O_o If anything KITT wouldn't really have any actual game hardware, just that he's uhh "powerful" enough to run pretty much any game.

I'll check it out later though.
Um, that one is purely down to taste. Now that you mention it, what you said does make sense. But at the time of writing the Knight of the Stars 1 & 2, it just seemed like the right thing to do as a writer.

But, nice input on that, appreciate it.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Im not saying they are badly written or even boring..just....KR and Sonic???

Maybe Knight Rider and The Ninja Turtles..
Or The A Team or even MacGyver..
but Sonic???

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:41 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:Im not saying they are badly written or even boring..just....KR and Sonic???

Maybe Knight Rider and The Ninja Turtles..
Or The A Team or even MacGyver..
but Sonic???
The only answer I can give for that is simply; to each his own.

Everyone has their own unique ideas and perspective on what they believe works in KR fan-fic's, I'm no exception to the rule.

I had been watching Sat-Am on youtube (what isn't on there these days?!) 2 years ago and then watched Knight Rider not long afterwards and then an idea began forming. True, it's not an idea that most people would see coming, but those that know me know that I try ideas that some people don't think of or stumble onto.

I chose Sat-Am as it complimented Knight Rider; with it being the maturest out of all the Sonic continuities and having a more mature storyline and feel.

True, the story introduces Sonic's world to Knight Rider, but the story does not center on him; the plot focuses on Modo, KITT and Sally.

I felt that with Sonic having too much exposure in the media and getting bad press, that he would serve better in a supporting/secondary role.

The Sally character is very believable; she's strong, intelligent, resourceful, resilient and a sweet girl too. And being that her character has a background in engineering and electronics, she would be best placed as a mechanic in KRS that is fascinated with KITT's technology.

I tried to have a story setting where it wasn't kiddy or too adult. As a writer, I have always tried to write plots and dialogues where it's acceptable to all ages, and I think I achieved this balance with Knight Rider Special.

Special was only ever intended to be a one-time story, just to say that I had done it and that I had attempted to do a cross-over with that universe. But I liked what I had done with Knight of the Stars 1 and so did watchers on DA, like HungarianKnight and people on other message boards. After that, I continued it as a series.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 pm

...How come you can post fic promo and get so many replies, but when I try to promote my writing all I get is either shunned or ignored?
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:51 pm

MJknight wrote:• Michael Knight: Now in his early 50's, Michael is occupying the very same position that his mentor, Devon, did for so many years and doing so with super efficiency.
I know I read somewhere that David Hasselhoff was pushing for this post in the new series.

K2007 wrote:...How come you can post fic promo and get so many replies, but when I try to promote my writing all I get is either shunned or ignored?
We need an online version of American Idol for writers. PHOENIXZERO can be our Simon Cowell. I’m still nervously awaiting his response myself.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:28 pm

Sue wrote:
MJknight wrote:• Michael Knight: Now in his early 50's, Michael is occupying the very same position that his mentor, Devon, did for so many years and doing so with super efficiency.
I know I read somewhere that David Hasselhoff was pushing for this post in the new series.

K2007 wrote:...How come you can post fic promo and get so many replies, but when I try to promote my writing all I get is either shunned or ignored?
We need an online version of American Idol for writers. PHOENIXZERO can be our Simon Cowell. I’m still nervously awaiting his response myself.
Yeah. I liked the angle of that for the story, so I incorporated it into mine.

As for your situation K2007, no idea.