On the topic of Knight Rider Online & the acusation of bias

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

On the topic of Knight Rider Online & the acusation of bias

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:41 pm

So with all your claims about liking all things Knight Rider as a whole equally, you finally prove my point where your favortism lies. For all the flak I had to deal with for pointing this out, I was right all along and that is indeed an achievement.

Congrats on the exposure boys you've earned it.

=VK=
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: On the topic of Knight Rider Online & the acusation of bias

Post by neps » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:15 pm

We've decided to move this into it's own thread, instead of allowing it to ruin the positive tone of it's original thread.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment?

I'm really starting to get quite tired of constantly having to defend KRO on this, but since you keep bringing it out in the public, I feel the need to continue to do so. We have been covering Laron's project just as equally in effort. We've posted articles, we've created a forum for the project, I've been willing to scan articles for you and your records in the effort of fairness and support of you and larson's project. But what more do you want? A pound of flesh?

I'm quickly getting tired (and I'm not alone) of every post turning into showing how right you are and how wrong everyone else is. We've nearly had enough of it. For the last month I've been trying to keep a balance on the site, and defend you to others who've asked for your removal. Is there a point?

Michael, Joe and I are working together on this. I really want to stress my next point strongly - NBC is not handing us anything on a silver platter. The three of us are working our asses off; to build relationships with NBC and the people involved to be a contact to them and provide the community with answers to questions that they keep asking and seeking. It's the same amount of effort and respect we give to this project as we will to Larsons.

Every time you post something like this, it does wonders to insult everything we are trying to accomplish and I'm really not sure why you keep coming on here if you're never happy. Perhaps this is part of your master plan, to wear us and the majority of the community down to a point where even the mention of Larson's project leaves a sour taste in our mouth, cause it's nearly there. You're not doing anyone any favors by continuing to berate us for no reason.

scooby
Volunteer

Post by scooby » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:43 pm

I am one who is getting tired of it as well.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 am

yeah, i dont know what victor expects, larsons movie hasn't gone into production yet, how can he expect to have anybody promote a movie that nobody knows anything about yet? when the larson movie goes into production and the fans see something about the movie visually and in the trades then i'm sure that kro will will promote the larson movie equally the same as the tv show.
in glen larson we trust.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:05 am

Hey VK I do not want to get too involved but it is sad a person who is a dear Knight Rider fan like you to come and antagonize everyone and basically insult us on this site. The moderators like Neps and Mike are working hard to get connection with NBC like they have been and will with interviews and such.

Not only do you insult us but as much Glen Larson. We all have an appreciation for KR And GL but you basically want us to forget the whole idea of the movie with acting like you are right about everything, make everyone else look stupid, and ruin the whole idea of a "community" message board. If what you did about getting info on the new backdoor pilot was a joke, that is pretty sad. You have nothing better to do than rather insult everyone and NBC than just get along with everyone and appreciate having a board like this to communicate with all Knight Rider fans. The only reason like I said before that we are showing NBC things is because you give us NO INFO on anything because there is nothing CURRENTLY RUNNING that shows proof of the movie, example: NBC has all these teasers, trailers and such to show us info and get ourselves rolling and finally see something about Knight Rider which gets us all excited.

I hope you find someway to understand what you are doing is unprofessional.

Joe

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 am

Let's get one thing straight here Neil, you can fool the community into buying your story but it won't fly with me. You publically have claimed time and time again you give equal consideration to both the feature film and the NBCU backdoor pilot, yet the ratio of support has shifted in the backdoor pilot's favor and anyone who has posted against it has been publically attacked for it. You've done a great job of trying to keep a prestine image of a completely non baised site...

That is until you openly admit that you have had contact with NBCU and further more you made a PUBLIC STATEMENT to the PRESS about the site in hopes to gain recognition for your efforts. I don't blame you for that approach...I think as a Knight Rider fan you've made a wonderful community here but I now am forced to believe your intentions are no longer without personal intent.

You want KRO in the media spotlight and you've sold out your morals to do it. Don't worry about it, it happens all the time when you want to get into the entertainment world.

While I have been lienent on not dragging this out into the public eye AFTER New Years, and I appreciate that you showed some measure of integrity by making sure that both the feature film and NBCU pilot have a spot/section on the main page...your actions as of late clearly show where your intentions lie and I will not waver on pointing out that because you chose to attack me about my theories of your intent that I WAS RIGHT and you were wrong.

Whine and complain about it all you like, at the end of the day you have to own up to your decisions and none of them in this matter make you blameless.
I'm really starting to get quite tired of constantly having to defend KRO on this, but since you keep bringing it out in the public, I feel the need to continue to do so. We have been covering Laron's project just as equally in effort. We've posted articles, we've created a forum for the project, I've been willing to scan articles for you and your records in the effort of fairness and support of you and larson's project. But what more do you want? A pound of flesh?
- I've thanked you for this because its what you've been doing that is RIGHT.
I'm quickly getting tired (and I'm not alone) of every post turning into showing how right you are and how wrong everyone else is. We've nearly had enough of it. For the last month I've been trying to keep a balance on the site, and defend you to others who've asked for your removal. Is there a point?
- Truth hurts doesn't it? Tell you what Neil don't attack me, don't BS me and we won't have this problem. My claims are supported with an educated and formulated response citing exact words used and examples as they're availible. I don't sit there and say you're a dick and insult you to your face and tell everyone to boycott this and boycott that, I tell them to make up their own minds and decide for themselves but make sure the decision is a reasonable one.
Michael, Joe and I are working together on this. I really want to stress my next point strongly - NBC is not handing us anything on a silver platter. The three of us are working our asses off; to build relationships with NBC and the people involved to be a contact to them and provide the community with answers to questions that they keep asking and seeking. It's the same amount of effort and respect we give to this project as we will to Larsons.

- Oh really? So you will swear to that on a stack of bibles? I know what Joe's intentions are and I'm not entirely sure about Michael's but believe me your intentions are transparent like a pane of glass and I see right through it.
This is really the first time in the history of Knight Rider that the internet will play a huge part in it's success. We're are seeing NBC reach out to this community - because they understand that it's important to keep the fans of the old series happy as well as bringing in new ones.
- If you're getting interviews and coverage of this magnetude, yes you might be emailing and communicating with people working on the show but you being an average fan wouldn't have the pull to get into NBCU's good graces on your own, it's clear you're getting support and probably something else out of the deal. NBCU has done NOTHING to reach out to his particular community, the only person from their side has been Shapeshifter.

You should have left my last post alone and let it go but you had to speak up and now you're facing the music for it...this was YOUR choice to make it public, not mine once again. That last quote was your mistake and blew your cover.

- Don't play a victim Neil, the facts don't line up with your story in this case. Paint me out to be the bad guy because I happen to point out things with god given intelligence and attention to detail. While you offer up locking threads and excuses or I guess now, threatening to ban?
Every time you post something like this, it does wonders to insult everything we are trying to accomplish and I'm really not sure why you keep coming on here if you're never happy. Perhaps this is part of your master plan, to wear us and the majority of the community down to a point where even the mention of Larson's project leaves a sour taste in our mouth, cause it's nearly there. You're not doing anyone any favors by continuing to berate us for no reason.
- You didn't want your efforts to be tarnished, that's why you moved my post to a new thread where you could maintain your squeeky clean image. Don't try to sugarcoat it, be honest. You could have left it alone and ignored it but you chose to do otherwise, take responsibility for that decision. You felt compelled to respond remember?

- I have been trying to post on other subjects and other matters that have nothing to do with conflict. Last time I checked its YOU who decided to call me out over the Q and A private PM offers I proposed. You had no right to do it and I've yet to see you justify your actions after the response that was given to you with real concrete reasons.

The fundamental problem isn't that you're trying to cover the NBCU pilot and give the fans a exciting glimpse into the return to Knight Rider, the problem is your lack of honesty as to what your agenda is in the bigger picture.

Come clean and just admit it and I won't hassel you any further.

My last remark is valid fact. Enjoy the exposure boys you've earned it.

=VK=

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 am

Victor, I don't understand why you have so much trouble understanding such a simple concept:

This is a Knight Rider board. We discuss Knight Rider news. When Team Knight Rider came out, we focused on that. When Knight Rider was released on DVD, we focused on that. When the Knight Rider movie was announced 5 years ago we focused on that. When it changed studios 2 years ago, we focused on that.

Now, in 2008, Knight Rider is returning to NBC. That is HUGE news, and people want to talk about it. And yes, right now that news is bigger than the long-term plan of a Knight Rider motion picture. We would be THRILLED to give equal coverage to Glen Larson's project but the reality is there simply is nothing to report on. Show me a newspaper clipping, a magazine article, a TV news report about the film and I will be the first one to make sure it's digitized for the world to see. But the film isn't making headlines now. It's not. The NBC project IS. We share all the Knight Rider news we can find; if 99% of it happens to be about the NBC project these days, so be it. That doesn't make us hypocrites.

What we are asking is that you show some maturity, some class, and just allow us to be excited about the NBC project for now. I PROMISE you, when the movie starts making headlines we will be even MORE aggressive supporting it. But that day isn't here yet.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:21 am

Fair enough Michael. Your post was more constructive then Neil's response. It at least puts into perspective where KROs focus is and its intentions. JJsocrazy saying that I would lie about the pilot details? That's just desperation. I have never lied on here, I have been mistaken and I take responsibility for when I do.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 am

Victor you say you have nevered lied then whats going on with your age? It now says your 71 years old in your avatar? It used to say 28. Somebody did say that you were probably Glen in disguise.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 am

Victor you say you have nevered lied then whats going on with your age? It now says your 71 years old in your avatar? It used to say 28. Somebody did say that you were probably Glen in disguise.
I said before, I listed my bday info as a tribute to Glen's bday (which you should know by the date by the way)and before that I was using someone else's bday info because I don't have to disclose that information out especially if I don't want people to know who I am.

Anything else you wish to impulsively chime in about?

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:21 am

Oh yes I think I remember you saying somthing about that. I have to stop visiting all these different websites that I go to. Can't keep track on who said what to whom.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:34 am

Like others have said, I see no bias toward the series, it's just LOGICAL that we would focus on the series, being that it's out in LESS than a month...and the movie is *supposed* to be coming out in a couple of YEARS. Go figure.

If I'll be honest Victor, I've never liked your stuck up attitude (One gets the feeling you are like that because you know Mr. Larson, well, let me say I know a few famous ACTORS personally and I don't get all high and mighty about it) and that's why I have refrained from talking to you, until now.

If you don't like it here, go away.

But it's the point of every fan forum (not just KR) that it would focus on something that is happening now.

This fight between Larson and the tv series, you should keep to yourselves and actually NOT get the fans involved because I don't think that's fair and we are going to watch anything that is called KR...being that we are fans.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:47 am

Skav, stop provoking the situation, you're trying to start a fire back up that's been extinguished.
If you don't like it here, go away.
- If you don't like what I have to say, ignore me it goes both ways.
I've never liked your stuck up attitude (One gets the feeling you are like that because you know Mr. Larson, well, let me say I know a few famous ACTORS personally and I don't get all high and mighty about it)
- If I can be honest, this response is an excuse to use when you have nothing of value to contribute to disapprove a disagreement that is supported by valid evidence. You mistake being "stuck up" with being confident and calculative when addressing points of conflict. I've not mentioned any "pull" with Larson in my disputes nor have I spoken for him in them. I have kept my views independent from him, except when it comes to feature film matters.

Your "Larson" card has been played and trumphed.

You have a right to your opinion of me and that's fine, I can respect that even if it's ill conceived.
This fight between Larson and the tv series, you should keep to yourselves and actually NOT get the fans involved because I don't think that's fair and we are going to watch anything that is called KR...being that we are fans.
- Not all fans like "all things" Knight Rider, keep that in mind before you generalize.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:55 am

Well I can sort of understand Victors situation Glen is not happy with whats happening. Nothing worse then being the bosses sounding board.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:26 am

Despite of all this, feel free to keep sending those backdoor pilot questions.

=VK=

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:49 am

Victor, you started a thread attacking the admin of this forum in regards to the upcoming series so if anyone is provoking a situation then it is you. Apparently you made your first post in this thread in ANOTHER thread which would cause to ruin the discussion of that one.

I'm not getting into a back and forth argument with you but I've been around here for quite a few years now and even though I've had my fair share of conflicts with members of the forum in the past (which I openly admit) I see no reason why you should be so patronizing.

You are also patronizing to a lot of other members here in general ("anything else you wish to impulsively chime in about?"....I don't know but that comment seems laced with poison to me) and a little change in the way you communicate goes a long way.

In regards to Larson's project, again, there is only so much you can speculate about it until we see some hard evidence but the tv show is done and it's here and that's why it is getting attention.

I have faith in KRO that they will make every effort to give just as much attention to Larson's movie as the series being that it is a KR project.

I honestly do not understand what the big deal is.

If you are going to not watch the tv series then that is your prerogative but these are good times for KRO and the KR fan community as a whole so why not quit trying to put a dampener on it?

I'm done with you.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Well, with reference to this thread, neps apparently created it after moving a post out of the topic it was in. I think everyone needs to just chill out and if this post hit such a nerve it should have been just deleted instead of brought to wider attention by making it a topic.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:10 pm

I'am not bothered by the impulsively chimming in comment. I have stepped on Victors toe's in the past. I think most of us have jumped into a conversation without knowing all the facts. A nerve is hit and away you go.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:26 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Well, with reference to this thread, neps apparently created it after moving a post out of the topic it was in. I think everyone needs to just chill out and if this post hit such a nerve it should have been just deleted instead of brought to wider attention by making it a topic.
Unfortunately Phoenix, the issue is that many posts have been hitting a lot of nerves. We could choose to ignore it and try to hide it, or openly acknowledge it and try to come up with a solution.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Wow guys.....

It's a good thing Knight Rider projects don't sway the balance of world power...lol
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:21 pm

whats all this fuss about lads?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Victor, you started a thread attacking the admin of this forum in regards to the upcoming series so if anyone is provoking a situation then it is you. Apparently you made your first post in this thread in ANOTHER thread which would cause to ruin the discussion of that one.
- Which was not your business to interfere in, you chose to get involved and toss in your two cents with an impulsive and poorly constructed arguement, and continue to do so even after being told the fire was put out.
- If I can be honest, this response (again) is an excuse to use when you have nothing of value to contribute to disapprove a disagreement that is supported by valid evidence.
- Skav, you've yet to do anything to improve my observation of you, based on the statement above which despite your passionate response does not change the points presented in the first place. Based on your statements you make a poor peacemaker.
I'm done with you.
- The feeling is mutual.

=VK=

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:07 pm

To the KRO moderators, I really look forward to hearing the interviews and appreciate the collective effort. Pajaro's right though Victor, this site covers Knight Rider news, and RIGHT NOW the biggest is the NBC pilot. We all look forward to Larson's movie, I can assure you. For you to continue to accuse, and point fingers is childish at this point. For the sake of just having you around for the news you have brought us, and will continue to do so, please stop this.
:kitt: :karr:

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 pm

neps wrote: Perhaps this is part of your master plan, to wear us and the majority of the community down to a point where even the mention of Larson's project leaves a sour taste in our mouth, cause it's nearly there. You're not doing anyone any favors by continuing to berate us for no reason.
Jeez, I've reached that point ALREADY. I used to be excited for the KR movie, but hearing this guy's arrogant, superior attitude day after day (is anyone else reminded of Bill O'Reilly?) has completely turned me off of it.

I actually want the new TV series to succeed even MORE now. LOL.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Well if Victor is really trying to turn everybody off of Glen's movie. There must be some new developments happening that none of us know about yet? Bad news perhaps?