Weinstein Sign Deal with WGA!!!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight316
Operative

Weinstein Sign Deal with WGA!!!

Post by Knight316 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40839

Hopefully this means that work on Knight Rider can commense soon!

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Weinstein Sign Deal with WGA!!!

Post by neps » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:53 am

This is AWESOME news!

Here is the original article: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797 ... =2821&cs=1

Now if only all the groups could reach a deal with WGA - I need my stories!

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:56 am

Tell me about it! This stupid strike has gone on long enough! Wa longer than i really thought it would. It boggles my mind that they say they were <this close> to coming to an agreement when the strike first happened, yet it's now 3 months later almost and still nothing!

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 am

I heard this on NPR this morning.

VK, is Glen going to be doing the revisions on the script... or is TWC going to be bringing in another writer to revise/polish?

Also, another quick question regarding Glen and the script... there were rumors about three or four years ago that he had written a KR film script... would this be his current script, or has he written several over the years?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:10 pm

d_osborn,

Yes, Glen will be revising the script changes for the feature film, he has considerable creative control over the project. This script is brand new and has no relation to the other scripts that have come before it, where ever the project has been set up in the past. His newest script which was turned in and complete by the WGA deadline will now no longer be the final script as revisions are addressed and made to produce the shooting script that TWC and Glen are satisfied with. The older script isn't being thrown out entirely, just parts of it reworked and polished to get it where it needs to be.

Good news that the deal has been signed between TWC and the WGA, very good news indeed.

=VK=
:dash:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:52 pm

victor kros wrote:d_osborn,

Yes, Glen will be revising the script changes for the feature film, he has considerable creative control over the project. This script is brand new and has no relation to the other scripts that have come before it, where ever the project has been set up in the past. His newest script which was turned in and complete by the WGA deadline will now no longer be the final script as revisions are addressed and made to produce the shooting script that TWC and Glen are satisfied with. The older script isn't being thrown out entirely, just parts of it reworked and polished to get it where it needs to be.

Good news that the deal has been signed between TWC and the WGA, very good news indeed.

=VK=
:dash:
This is great news! Thanks for clearing that matter, with the script revisions, up VK. Once again you have come through, I can't wait for more news on this as I'm sure we should be hearing more now that they finally made a deal!
:kitt: :karr:

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Knight316 wrote:Hopefully this means that work on Knight Rider can commense soon!
Let's hope so!