how much.....???

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

how much.....???

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:18 pm

how much would it cost to get a shell of ANY new mustang and send it up a ramp????

i can understand why no turbo boost in KR2000 cos the car was a one off but surely its feasible in this instance???

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: how much.....???

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Today it really should be doable and done to look much better to where we could actually see the car leaving the ground, obviously it'd require CG but still it should be easier and cheaper to do, plus with the backing of Ford there shouldn't be too much of an issue with getting replacements for the "stunt car". Though weight distribution would be an issue. Hell, even if they used models like the old series started to do after awhile, they should also look much better.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 pm

have i missed something, havethey deffo said the new KITT wont turbo boost? Im sure they said in a articlke a while back it would be and probably CGI, although i could be mistaken.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 am

What about the jump in the 2fast2furious movie at the end, that was CGI or what ever its called, and so was the car jump in the gone in 60 seconds Nick Cage movie, no one really noticed and 90 percent of stuff in the transformers was CGI so it cant all be bad :|
--knightman--

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:35 am

Yeah they are probably doing it in CGI. A lot cheaper than trashing multiple cars for a movie. i think i read somewhere they went through like 15 firebirds per episode?

I assume they haven't finished a lot of the post by the time the trailer hit so it makes sense. Turbo Boost was iconic for Knight Rider. I think they know that so I'm sure it will be there at some point.