NBC Knight Rider TWO MINUTE preview

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: NBC Knight Rider TWO MINUTE preview

Post by djshag69 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm

so quick question the voice we hear in this 2min clip is that the new kittt's voice or just a narrator?
Ice rider coming 2009

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 pm

thanks for the clarification Rob (and welcome to KRO!)

I think we all have to realize that they are trying to launch a new series here. And while they're making nods to the previous continuity, I think we might be disappointed if we all get our hopes up for KITT to be Turbo Boosting or for Michael and Mike working together.

These are things I'm sure they'ld do when/if it goes to series. But they're definitely focused on the new relationship of Mike and KITT, and not the previous relationships.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm

djshag69 wrote:so quick question the voice we hear in this 2min clip is that the new kittt's voice or just a narrator?
the main voice over is not Will Arnett. But the lines "Hello Mike." "Don't even think about it." "They never learn" are Will Arrent

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:10 pm

Really? Cause the only line that really sounds different than the voiceovers is the "hello mike". The other two i thought were just the voiceover guy. I've heard that Will Arnett has done many voiceovers before so maybe he was narrating the whole thing and just couldn't switch backa nd forth to the KITT voice. I wonder if Shapeshifter can shed any light on it?

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 pm

I agree with Knight316 the "hello mike" sounds more robotic i guess you could say, the other 2 lines they sounds more human unless i am judging the voice a little early and should be more patient until another commerical comes out.
Ice rider coming 2009

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:22 pm

in fairness to the modern KR universe....

why should the new KITT sound robotic?? surely as the technology has moved on, KITT could now SOUND human.....????

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:45 pm

To me, as a fan of Will Arnett's previous work - this just sounds like Will Arnett.

Some audio samples to get yourself familiar:

http://www.abramsartists.com/voicereels ... .Promo.mp3

http://www.abramsartists.com/voicereels ... railer.mp3

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:29 pm

You know, just after the "sugar in the gas tank" line, when they cut to a few quick shots of K.I.T.T. in action, I swear I can hear the old turbine sound effect! Anyone else pick it up?
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:44 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:You know, just after the "sugar in the gas tank" line, when they cut to a few quick shots of K.I.T.T. in action, I swear I can hear the old turbine sound effect! Anyone else pick it up?
Not noticed that, but I do like the new twist on the theme tune you can clearly hear at the start of the teaser.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm

To me, as a fan of Will Arnett's previous work - this just sounds like Will Arnett.
I think that's what happened is that he was doing the voiceover and saying KITT's lines as well but they didn't do the effect work on his voice or anything. Who knows but i really hope that it wasn't supposed to be KITT's voice. I know this is a different KITT and all but i really don't want it to be like Gob in a car. I think the voice should still sound like a computer. We'll probably have to wait until the show to really find out what KITT's voice will be like though. Does anyone know if they're using the same scanner swoosh sound? I doubt they are but it would be really cool.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Knight316 wrote:I think that's what happened is that he was doing the voiceover and saying KITT's lines as well but they didn't do the effect work on his voice or anything. Who knows but i really hope that it wasn't supposed to be KITT's voice. I know this is a different KITT and all but i really don't want it to be like Gob in a car. I think the voice should still sound like a computer.
There were a lot of commercials for the original series that used William Daniels' voice unfiltered, so it's likely the same case here. Remember, the movie is still not finished, there will be a lot of tinkering with audio and visual effects between now and February.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 pm

whet wrote: Not noticed that, but I do like the new twist on the theme tune you can clearly hear at the start of the teaser.
It's the shot just after the quick cuts of K.I.T.T. doing a 180, looks like he's racing through a parking structure, just as the dramatic music kicks in.
- Paul

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey Rob, big thanks for your story!
George said that originally the set director was going to use his car but at the last minute decided to use my parts. He said that they were going to transform into the body of the new car. We'll see. As of right now I don't know how they used them.
I'm just getting more and more curious about old KITTs role in the new pilot. Aside from that, I concur with Neil. The new series will concentrate on Mike and the new KITT. At the same time I am pretty sure that if the series is a hit, they will let Michael Knight and the old KITT return for some special occasions. And that is just right so. It's a new series with some nods to the old one.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:You know, just after the "sugar in the gas tank" line, when they cut to a few quick shots of K.I.T.T. in action, I swear I can hear the old turbine sound effect! Anyone else pick it up?
hmm...listen closely at the 34 second mark...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Will Arnett's voice really does need a little distortion because it doesn't say "computer" to me, just Will Arnett talking through a mic doing voice over work. I know they didn't always do it with Daniels but the original show had a lot of inconsistencies like that.

Also, neps might I suggest you disable comments on the videos put up? There's just too many idiots/trolls on Youtube to be much of anything constructive anyway.

Rob Louisell wrote: I'd asked George if they wanted a single TV dash and he said it didn't matter. That's good because I didn't have one but since most of what I make is the pilot dash, :dash: I used that. So much for show continuety but it's something and it kind of pays homage to the original pilot.

George said that originally the set director was going to use his car but at the last minute decided to use my parts. He said that they were going to transform into the body of the new car. We'll see. As of right now I don't know how they used them.
Shame they didn't give you very much time though I'll be one that won't nitpick something that will pretty much go unnoticed by most of the people who watch since at least it's there even if they in pilot/season one form, maybe just maybe they weren't used to really represent KITT but left over "back-up" parts in storage, thus why they didn't seem to care. At least they just didn't use a crate of "parts" including a standard steering wheel. :P But wait the set director has a KITT replica? :shock: How would they go about transforming old parts into the new car.... That'd be just weird. O_o

I think that was just from the music not a sound effect for the car.
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KR08
Volunteer

Post by KR08 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:58 pm

@&^# YA :P
NEW SERIES PLEEEESSSSE :P
LET KR 08 ROLL

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:08 pm

My friend emailed me yesterday this same clip on the website

http://jalopnik.com/342774/new-clip-fro ... urbo-boost

I was going to post this but Neil beat me to it.But it does have something to say about turbo boost that made me feel yeah with the level of closeness to the ground that body is going to have a hard time landing.

Rob Louisell
Volunteer

Post by Rob Louisell » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Just to clarify, the set director (a female named Ashley) was going to use George Barris's replica, but changed her mind.
Louisell Enterprises, Inc.
The world's first KITT replica company.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Rob Louisell wrote:Just to clarify, the set director (a female named Ashley) was going to use George Barris's replica, but changed her mind.
Those pesky damn last-minute little changes really annoy me for continuity's sake. The trouble they have to go through is temporary; film is forever!

:dash4:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:36 pm

I wonder why?
--knightman--

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Knight Racer wrote:My friend emailed me yesterday this same clip on the website

http://jalopnik.com/342774/new-clip-fro ... urbo-boost

I was going to post this but Neil beat me to it.
Look at the bottom of that article: [via Knight Rider Online] - We gave them the tip.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey can anyone analyze the part where those "guys" are checking out the old KITT. I want to know who the hell they are, I was thinking maybe there the guys who are from Legion (the group that wants a KITT from Charles Graiman) and go inside the foundation to look for the car. Then the new KITT escapes to find Sarah? What do you guys think? I also believe they will have something that Charles used parts from the old KITT to make a new KITT.

But can someone help to analyze the pic?

Thanks!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm

I would think you're right on the first part.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 pm

An interesting approach would be for the Knight 3000 to disguise itself as the Knight 2000 during the break in. That approach could actually explain why the car would then “morph” into the new KITT if that aspect of the Knight 2000's presence is indeed true.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:19 pm

I do have to say that on top of the Seasons 1-2 dashboard, I am also very disappointed that a stock Trans Am engine is shown. Where's the turbojet with modified afterburners?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: