Junk Yard dog question

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Junk Yard dog question

Post by djshag69 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:10 pm

As my fav episode i always saw this and it kept bothering me.

When kitt is rebuilt and they go through the test track, and they go through it together with no problem kitt barely turbo boosts over the wooden fence thing. I mean the tires just barely cleared it. But then like 2-3 scenes later he can easily turbo boost over the forklift.

How is that? I mean both scenes it doesn’t seem Kitt has a different amount of speed, but then again i may be over analyzing it.
Ice rider coming 2009

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Re: Junk Yard dog question

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:38 pm

The problem was that Kitt lost his fighting spirit. He tried everything to looks as good as he did before the incident, however, something is soul was broken and no matter how hard he tried, it just wan't the same. Later on, Michael was with him and helped him through the test track. Kitt could complete the Turbo Boost task but not breaking through the solid concrete wall as he was still afraid of getting injured. It was only Michal's advice which gothis old spirit back again.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Yeah the implication was that KITT didn't have his confidence back yet, and him not being able to clear a simple hurdle was a great way of showing that.

It's little moments like this that really cemented KITT as a real character on the show and not just a cool gadget for Michael to drive.

Hopefully the new series is able to recapture some of that, and they aren't too afraid of having KITT feel a little insecure or vulnerable at times.

The Keith
Volunteer

Post by The Keith » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:07 pm

yeah pretty much. Mike pretty much gave him a pep talk, going back to when he got shot in the face (Knight of the Pheonix) and that quick pops, fire flairs and other things made him nervous or throw him off, and that sometimes the fear never goes away but that you still have a job to do.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 pm

anyone else agree that it should have been a great season premiere????

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:anyone else agree that it should have been a great season premiere????
I don't agree because season premieres always featured a K.I.T.T. destruction, anyway. Having it come originally unexpected during Season 3 was a nice change of pace for the series.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm

[quote="Lost Knight"][quote="pheonix_knight"]anyone else agree that it should have been a great season premiere????[/quote]

I don't agree because season premieres always featured a K.I.T.T. destruction, anyway. Having it come originally unexpected during Season 3 was a nice change of pace for the series.[/quote]

and what would you call what happened to KITT in JYD???

surely the MOST comprehensive destruction of the car and the AI unit???

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 pm

You're talking about the severity of the destruction. I'm talking about the fact that every destruction became a tradition with season premieres. It was nice to have the trend broken which was originally unexpected. Therefore, I like the fact that it occurred during Season 3 better, and not during the premiere.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:22 pm

In Hungary, the episodes were aired in a mixed layout for the fist time. JYD was the season premiere then. I remember how shocked I was as a little kid, seeing Kitt's deadt, rebirth and the first look at the new dashboard.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:40 pm

i agree having it happen in the middle of the season without knowing it was coming just added to it. not to mention tell me what kr fan didnt love seeing kitt hit up that test course both times and just showing what they as a team can do, what i wouldnt give to drive kitt through that course haha
Ice rider coming 2009