What we would like to see in the pilot

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What we would like to see in the pilot

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 am

This is what I would hope to expect that will remind us and glamour our original Knight Rider in a way:

-Intro to the new KITT as well as recognition of the old, similar to how Devon introduced KITT to MK. I guess Charles will introduce it to Mike Tracer like that.
-A cool scene where KITT is forced/challenged by some idiot kid who thinks his car is hot, that would be awesome.
-Mike Tracer flips out like MK when he see's KITT talks.
-They form the bond of "one man,one car" truly to the max!

These things are all I can think of for now and I know people are going to say "wait till Feb 17th too see", but I just like to speculate, plus I am going for surgery to get all my wisdom teeth pulled :? so this will keep me happy! :D

ckeller22
Operative

Re: What we would like to see in the pilot

Post by ckeller22 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:49 pm

I believe Sarah is the one who will introduce Kitt to Mike traceur as it says she gets a message from Kitt her father is in trouble and her and Kitt track Mike down in Vegas.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:33 pm

I believe I read somewhere that he insults Charles for the creation of this car saying it is silly to have a talking car, so somehow it was either him or the daughter who shows him the car.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Tracer really shouldn't flip out seeing as cars talking isn't a surprising thing anymore. If anything, the scene should play differently where he thinks it's the simple GPS and other generic car voices and then is set straight but still no "OMG WHO'S THAT?!?!" Kind of thing.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I'd really like to see the friendship bonding between Mike and Kitt. It could be done in a way that Mike, who is not really accustomed to a talking car, and Kitt chase down the bad guy of the week. The bad guy uses some weird weapon and damages Kitt (nice big CGI explosion). We see the lights of the dash fade. Mike is terified, he calls Kitt's name. No answer. Mike is shocked as he finally understands that he had lost a friend and not just some hi-tech James Bond gadget. As the camera zooms on his shocked face, we hear Kitt's voice: "Don't worry buddy." and the camera shifts to the monitor: "Auto Repair mode initiated".

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:05 pm

I would like to see the original :kitt: in the new film in some sort of way :D

Knightling
Recruit

Post by Knightling » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:41 pm

I would like to see the part of the introduction where Michael sneeked into the lab and it was completely dark and you see the scanner "pop" on and start to scan back and forth and then the aircraft sounding engine getting louder and louder...

I would like to see that just updated for the new show...with the double scanners going on between the legs of Mike...

-Knightling

knightturbo
Volunteer

Post by knightturbo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:57 am

Mike K wrote:I would like to see the original :kitt: in the new film in some sort of way :D
Ditto...I really want to see it done as a true homage before they move on with the show. Once in a while some references to the original series would be a nice touch. It's the same problem they're having with trek. How to mesh the two worlds of TOS and NG while making the original fans happy.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Yes, the original KITT is my main stipulation. If that KITT is shown up and running at any point, I will be thrilled. And if we hear William Daniels AS KITT? Holy crap I will fall on my knees to NBC, hahha, all will be forgiven.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Mikko L
Rookie

Post by Mikko L » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm

I'd like to see just one thing... TURBO BOOST! :mrgreen:

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:01 pm

I want to see the ratings skyrocket from the movie and they turn it into a series.... if that happens, and only if that happens, then I will forgive NBC for cancelling Journeyman... :wink:

Actually, if it goes on to the series and things have been established, they should have a dialog between three characters (one preferably being Michael Knight) saying to the effects of:

MK: "Wow I had a weird dream last night"
Second Person: "So did I! What was yours about?"
MK: "I had a dream that it was the year 2000 and I was helping some cop track down fugitives in Seattle with the help of KITT... but he was red instead of black..."
Second Person: "Wow, that's weird. I had something sort of similar, it was that back in the 90's and FLAG had a team of 5 operatives and 5 cars and flew around in a big airplane..."
MK: "Strange...."
Third Person: (walks up to them after overhearing their conversation) "You want to hear strange? How about my dream... it was an apocalyptic future where there was a car with the soul of a woman who died after being trapped in a computer simulation...."
MK: "Hmmmmm..... I think we shouldn't drink any more of that new coffee we got yesterday...."

Voila..... KR continuity fixed in a Dallas-esque fashion. I would like one person to be KITT, but I was unsure if other people would object to KITT dreaming.... :lol:

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:47 pm

It's not going to happen, but I want to see Michael and KITT - The original KITT - together. Somehow, both in TKR and KR2000, they had Michael seperated from KITT starting from a certain stage after the ending of the original show. So why not have Michael showing up with KITT as is they've been together all these years, still fighting crime and helping people?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:23 pm

In order for them to really pay a homeage to the original they should include things from Wilton's saying like: "One man can make a difference" and the "start of one man's dream" from Devon.