Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ggt973
Stranger

Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Post by ggt973 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:02 pm

:kitt2: To create a new show is not a bad Idea, but the choice of the car will deffently lose Knight riders rep. I have nothing againest Mustangs, but this car has nothing futuristic about it.
Now the Chevy Camaro, is something new; so what! if it was in Transformers.
Putting this car on Night Rider may give it a good running season for years to come.

I hope the they change it before the show begins and think about it well. Otherwise they have lost this Night rider believer.
I hope this (one man could make a difference, with the one machine that belongs to thwe show. (The New Chevy Camaro).
:kittside:

inflex01
Stranger

Re: Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Post by inflex01 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:05 pm

I agree with you completely. I am not a ford guy at all. How does it go from a pontiac to a ford?? It without a doubt should have been the new camero. Im with you lost fan forever if it doesnt get switch before the air date...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:34 pm

The Mustang is most certainly not going to be changed. The deal was struck with Ford, it's picked, and that's the end of it. I'm surprised there's still people who think they'll somehow back out of using the car for the series (if there is one). If anything, there's only going to be improvements made to the Mustang, not an entirely different car. I'm not sure we need yet another thread about the Camaro, either.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Universal won't be backing out of the deal with Ford. That would leave them wide open for a big fat lawsuit. Everybody will be watching on Feb 17. And I won't be surprized if alot of people do a complete 360 in reguards to their thoughts on the car be used. Look what happened with the new Battlestar Galactica.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:42 pm

360? So then their opinion was first negative, warmed up and liked it but then after seeing the movie on February 17th go back to hating it? :P

Annnnyway...

:roll: This again? Answer these questions before complaining and wanting the new Camaro.

Is the new Camaro's body fiberglass or steel?

Was GM approached and show interest or did they decline possibly due to the experience 25 years before with the original?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:55 am

Okay make that a complete 180.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:00 am

Seriously, this argument is so completely worn out... :|

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:04 am

Well I didn't start this thread but I agree with you anyways. Unfortunatly some people will probably never get over it. And it will boil over after the tv movie airs.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 am

I think the best response from me regarding the Ford choice would be,

"You bought it mac, you gotta handle it."

Brownie points if you know where the slogan originates from and it's not a movie.

=VK=
:dash:

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:22 pm

That came from a Circuit City commercial in the early/mid 90's where some kid bought a walkman at CC and found it on sale a day later.

He walked to the store (along a busy highway it looked like) and said:

Kid: Excuse me...
Man: Yes?
Kid: Yesterday I bought this (points to Walkman), and today I saw this... (takes out paper). Just opened the paper and there it was!
Man: (smiling) Here you go (hands the kid some cash)
Kid: That's it?
Man: That's it.
Kid: Cool

Jingle: Welcome to Circuit City, where service is state of the art.

:)

Don't ask me how I remember it...

It's scary now that you think of it...

victor kros wrote:I think the best response from me regarding the Ford choice would be,

"You bought it mac, you gotta handle it."

Brownie points if you know where the slogan originates from and it's not a movie.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Congrats you win today's jackpot of 100 million dollars!. My name is BARISTER GUY INCOGNITO, I AM LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE OF WAR TORN COUNTRY OF HYRULE. I am offering you chance to help me attain funds which I will send to you if you give me personal information and place to send check. In return you will inherit the kingdom and 10% of the tri-force of wisdom and many many rupies! If someone else gets your winnings they will rule in darkness! You must help me Mr. Kirkessner! I am wondering, where would you like the funds delivered? ABC Sesame Street #123, Imagination Land USA? You are American yes?

But seriously, I'm surprised you know the answer to my little reference and in such detail as I do. That makes things really scary now doesn't it? Circuit City did a good job of getting that sequence permanently embedded in my mental filing cabinets long after they moved on.

I still think it's a good analogy though. In case anyone is wondering about my odd reply, the key is usually found in your email junk filters.

=VK=

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:03 pm

That just reminded me of Futurama: Bender's Big Score since I watched it not too long ago. :D

I can't believe there's people who actually fall for that kind of stuff, it goes to your junk mail box for a reason, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Even more scary, I was thinking of that commercial the other day...

Why do you think we remember it so well? I was able to recall the entire dialogue perfectly without thinking of the commercial in years.

Nutso!

victor kros wrote: But seriously, I'm surprised you know the answer to my little reference and in such detail as I do. That makes things really scary now doesn't it? Circuit City did a good job of getting that sequence permanently embedded in my mental filing cabinets long after they moved on.

I still think it's a good analogy though. In case anyone is wondering about my odd reply, the key is usually found in your email junk filters.

=VK=

KAR35
Stranger

Post by KAR35 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Id like William Daniels to do the voice of KITT! Isnt he still living? I suppose he just doesnt want to work anymore?? That will just make it rough for me. I will watch though! Of course I will! Can't believe its coming BACK!

KAR35
Stranger

Post by KAR35 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Can anyone post a picture of what the new KITT looks like? I know I could check out the model Ford Mustang? But if anyone can put up a pic, that would be great!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:05 pm

Welcome, please make use of the Edit function, it's better than multiple post. Also, there are pics a few topics down at this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=10439

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 am

inflex01 wrote:I agree with you completely. I am not a ford guy at all. How does it go from a pontiac to a ford?? It without a doubt should have been the new camero. Im with you lost fan forever if it doesnt get switch before the air date...
Ford got the deal to the Knight Rider franchises long ago... Look at Team Knight Rider... Personally I kinda liked the show, but I thought it needed more action. The only episode that gave it some thing nice was the one with  KRO... Anyways... my point is look at the vehicles... All fords. Then rewind to Knight Rider 2010... what was the base car used to create the pile Jakes pile of crap.. (It looked alright - being made in the middle of nowhere and all, but it was crap)... Ford Boss Mustang. It was inevitable the Mustang would be the car of choice. Anyways... see this... in all car movies... the hero in a muscle car... most likely is going to be a Mustang... Fast & furious - Tokyo Drift...  - Mustang..Bullitt - MustangAnd another thing... the camaro is already famous... Transformers did that. It would have been awesome if they did use the car... I'm a chevy man myselfI wonder who would win in a duel.. KITT or Bumblebee...  8)

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:59 am

Does anyone know the irony is???

"Knight" rider. Knights ride steeds. Steeds are horses. Mustang is the name of a horse. ....

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Sometime ago, a pic was posted on the internet of how KITT would look like. Basically they used some European supercar... But it never had the punch. Take a look.
I figure the new KITT looks alot better than the one in the pic.
Attachments
knightrider.jpg
knightrider.jpg (105.87 KiB) Viewed 24413 times

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:45 am

That was poster for the theatrical film, I think it was fan made....

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:43 am

That poster is entirely fake and quite frankly a slap in the face to KITT, it was never connected to the feature film other then as a fan made creation as a joke to garner attention which has been explained on AICN (aintitcoolnews) in the past. I really wish people would stop reposting it, it just gives it more false credibility then it's worth. I have nothing against you knightjp I know you're just using it to ask a question in this case.

=VK=

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:51 pm

and here's the obligatory post from me noting that the Camaro is MADE IN CANADA, and using that car would take jobs away from Americans. Tell the Americans -- probably thousands of them -- who make good union pay with health coverage making the Mustang that they are going to lose their jobs to Canadians. If my choices are Made in Canada and Made in USA, I will take Made in USA any time, any place. If GM wants to sell their country out, then I gladly salute Ford. my country, tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountain side, LET FREEDOM RING!!!

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:11 am

Camaros may be made in Canada, but no doubt the brains behind the camaro was entirely American. Fords are made all over the world basically, even in 3rd world countries with cheap labor and even cheaper build quality. So who is selling whom??
Nevertheless, KITT should be an American designed and engineered, muscle car. Where the production models are made, makes no difference to me, as long as I know the brains and engineering behind it is American.

And besides.. like I said earlier... perhaps the mustang is best candidate. Knights ride horses... Mustang is a name of a horse. :D :wink:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:02 am

Maybe us Canadians should just stop buying American made cars.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 am

Nelson B wrote:Maybe us Canadians should just stop buying American made cars.
:D No offense I hope...
what is wrong with Canadians building American cars... I mean it shows you guys appreciate them.. doesn't it?? And besides... you are neighbours.
"Love thy neighbour" I always say... (especially if its a hot chick)