Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PaoloM
Recruit

Re: Kitt should be the new Chevy Camaro

Post by PaoloM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 pm

knightjp wrote:Nevertheless, KITT should be an American designed and engineered, muscle car.
What a pity. I would have really liked KITT as a sleek, black Ferrari. KRO from TKR was cool, wasn't it? :-) :-)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Yes, KRO was one of the few good/cool things from TKR.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Deus1138
Volunteer

Post by Deus1138 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:37 pm

I can't believe some of the complaints I'm reading here. Are you guys for real?

No, Knight Rider should not be the Chevy Camaro. First, KITT was a Trans Am, not a Camaro. But they stopped referring to it as a Trans Am in like season 2. It wasn't a Camaro, so I don't see why just because they are both owned by GM, that should make a difference. And secondly, they aren't even producing the Camaros yet, so that would just make the show into a commercial for a long overdue return of the Camaro. GM, especially Pontiac, dropped the ball in the last few years in terms of styling (see Pontiac GTO, r.i.p.). They shouldn't be rewarded with the new Knight Rider car simply because they produced the old one. GM could have really cashed in on the retro trend a few years ago with a really cool looking Camaro and Firebird. But, in their infinite wisdom, "retro" was considered a dirty word.

I can't believe someone was actually complaining the car looked too stock. Did you ever actually watch the show? To the average person walking by, KITT looked pretty stock, aside from some blacked out taillights and some bowling ball hubcaps. That's kind of the point for someone who is working as a DETECTIVE. You don't want to stand out that much. Would you be happier if KITT was that European looking super car that would turn every head as it drove down the street?

The new KITT is perfect. The Mustang is today what the Firebird was when Knight Rider first aired. It's not some super expensive car that few can afford. It's a muscle car, that gear heads love to tinker with.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Deus1138 wrote:I can't believe some of the complaints I'm reading here. Are you guys for real?

No, Knight Rider should not be the Chevy Camaro. First, KITT was a Trans Am, not a Camaro. But they stopped referring to it as a Trans Am in like season 2. It wasn't a Camaro, so I don't see why just because they are both owned by GM, that should make a difference. And secondly, they aren't even producing the Camaros yet, so that would just make the show into a commercial for a long overdue return of the Camaro. GM, especially Pontiac, dropped the ball in the last few years in terms of styling (see Pontiac GTO, r.i.p.). They shouldn't be rewarded with the new Knight Rider car simply because they produced the old one. GM could have really cashed in on the retro trend a few years ago with a really cool looking Camaro and Firebird. But, in their infinite wisdom, "retro" was considered a dirty word.

I can't believe someone was actually complaining the car looked too stock. Did you ever actually watch the show? To the average person walking by, KITT looked pretty stock, aside from some blacked out taillights and some bowling ball hubcaps. That's kind of the point for someone who is working as a DETECTIVE. You don't want to stand out that much. Would you be happier if KITT was that European looking super car that would turn every head as it drove down the street?

The new KITT is perfect. The Mustang is today what the Firebird was when Knight Rider first aired. It's not some super expensive car that few can afford. It's a muscle car, that gear heads love to tinker with.
I couldn't agree more... besides like I said earlier... the Camaro is already famous. Transformers saw to that.

Oh an I really did like the KRO from TKR. That was awesome, seeing a Ferrari do stuff on screen. I mean when you see a Ferrari on TV, its usually just racing around doing nothing, but this... it was just plain awesome. The only good thing out of the show. Feel really sad that they ended TKR the way they did. Left too many questions....

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:05 am

knightjp wrote:Camaros may be made in Canada, but no doubt the brains behind the camaro was entirely American. Fords are made all over the world basically, even in 3rd world countries with cheap labor and even cheaper build quality.
To my knowledge, and wikipedia is the only source I have seen that shows where the car is made, the Ford Mustang is made in the USA, in Flat Rock, Michigan. Do you have proof to contract them, showing that 2008 Ford Mustangs are not assembled in the USA?
And besides.. like I said earlier... perhaps the mustang is best candidate. Knights ride horses... Mustang is a name of a horse. :D :wink:
Better than a Made in Canada Camaro, in my opinion. :)

--Brian

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:20 am

Nelson B wrote:Maybe us Canadians should just stop buying American made cars.
That doesn't bother me. In fact, as a Canadian, you probably should try to buy Canadian made vehicles, to ensure Canadian jobs and Canadian prosperity. I fully endorse that idea. Make no mistake: I have no problem with the government of Canada or Canadians. In fact, you should note that you guys just elected a very pro American PM (or rather, his party won the majority? parliamentary system). But I'm not a Canadian, I'm an American.

I was born in the USA, and I'm a veteran of the armed forces of this nation, and my loyalties are to the United States first. Now if you're talking about attack from aliens or an asteroid, or global warming, or something else that affects all mankind, that's different (although I will always be an American first), but here we are talking about a case we can benefit either our own country or a foreign country, and I want to benefit the USA.

I want Americans to have jobs. Thousands of people in Michigan have a good paying union job with benefits and all that because of the Ford Mustang. Not to mention thousands of other Americans who have jobs making the parts that go into a mustang. Ford benefited all those Americans by using an American made car.

So Nelson, when someone makes a story about a Canadian equivalent of KR, you guys can have at it with a Canadian made car, and for James Bond, the Brits can have their British made Aston-Martins, and if they make a story about a Japanese superspy or whatever, they can use a car made in Japan, but for now, we're talking about an American story, and I think the car should be assembled in the USA.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:25 am

seeker78 wrote:
knightjp wrote:Camaros may be made in Canada, but no doubt the brains behind the camaro was entirely American. Fords are made all over the world basically, even in 3rd world countries with cheap labor and even cheaper build quality.
To my knowledge, and wikipedia is the only source I have seen that shows where the car is made, the Ford Mustang is made in the USA, in Flat Rock, Michigan. Do you have proof to contract them, showing that 2008 Ford Mustangs are not assembled in the USA?

--Brian
I wasn't talking about Mustangs alone. I know that Mustangs are made in the US, but there are other models of Ford which are assembled in other countries. All manufacturers do it. BMW has an assembly plant in Thailand which caters to the asian market.

My point was that as long as KITT remained an American designed and engineered car bearing an American brand name, I'm happy. It doesn't matter to me where they decide to build the car.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:24 am

seeker78 wrote: I want Americans to have jobs. Thousands of people in Michigan have a good paying union job with benefits and all that because of the Ford Mustang. Not to mention thousands of other Americans who have jobs making the parts that go into a mustang. Ford benefited all those Americans by using an American made car.

Not so much these days seeing just how many automotive jobs have left Michigan over the last couple decades and it's only getting worse. IMO unions are partially to blame for that. Then there's the state government, but I won't get into that. But yeah the Mustang is one of the few cars that are still being assembled in Michigan.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KNIGHT372
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHT372 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:17 pm

i like how the new K.I.T.T. looks, hes sleek and has a slight attitude. :kitt:

firebirdgm2000
Stranger

Post by firebirdgm2000 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:32 pm

First off i'm a huge fan.. I own all the Knight Rider series, my first car is a fbody and my car is quite impressional with the Knight Rider light. Let's just say i've been waiting quite some time to answer when or will knight RIder come back. I have to admit i'm suprised by the new Knight Rider looks like there will be some decent viewing ahead but..... Shockingly enough it's another 'mustang' just like everything else gone in 60 seconds fast and furious i'm actually sick of seeing them (retro mustang is a usual sighting lately... boring).... Knight Rider took a leap back in the day and yes back in the day there were Mustangs but the Pontiac was definitely a peek product of its time and by far more powerful and a much sleeker by design (still is) an all around solid built car. Rest in peace my thoughts of knight rider actually taking wings to the original. Alas i leave you with my thoughts and pictures (my car) included

by the way... get my car into an episode haha

firebirdgm2000
Stranger

Post by firebirdgm2000 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:26 am

NBC will not show you but this is what happened to Michael Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS6aBTbeCuc

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 pm

ggt973 wrote::kitt2: To create a new show is not a bad Idea, but the choice of the car will deffently lose Knight riders rep. I have nothing againest Mustangs, but this car has nothing futuristic about it.
Now the Chevy Camaro, is something new; so what! if it was in Transformers.
Putting this car on Night Rider may give it a good running season for years to come.

I hope the they change it before the show begins and think about it well. Otherwise they have lost this Night rider believer.
I hope this (one man could make a difference, with the one machine that belongs to thwe show. (The New Chevy Camaro).
:kittside:

Totally agree... But I do like the look of the new car. The dual scanner thing is hot. The only thing I have against it is that the interior does not say Knight Industries. It looks like the ineriors of the TKR cars. Those cars looked awesome on the outside, none of their interior said "Knight Industries". The K3000's steering wheel is horrid. Why does it have a "MOMA" logo on it. Makes it look more of an ad campaign.

Has anyone ever done an illustration to show what the car would look like if it was a camaro???

GMKNIGHT
Stranger

Post by GMKNIGHT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:58 am

THE FORD MOUSETANK IS OLD AND PLAYED OUT, IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS NOW, DON'T FORGET WHEN KNIGHT RIDER FIRST AIRED THE GENERATION 3 FIREBIRD WAS ONLY 1-2 YEARS OLD AND LOOK HOW MANY OF THEM BLACK BIRDS GM SOLD AFTER THE SHOW CAME ON REGULARLY, THE CHEVY CAMARO IS NEW LIKE THE NEW KNIGHT RIDER, IT'S A SHAME PONTIAC DIDN'T JUMP ON THIS IDEA AND BUILD A NEW FIRE CHICKEN, BUT FORD DID WITH THE MOUSETANK, I'VE READ SOME OF THE POST' THAT HAVE BEEN MADE ABOUT THIS TOPIC,AND I REALLY DOUGHT THEY WILL CHANGE THE CAR, SOME OF YOU HAVE WROTE ABOUT HOW THE CAMARO WAS MADE FAMOUS IN THE MOVIE TRANSFORMERSWITH "BUMBLEBEE", THIS IS TRUE, BUT DON'T FORGET THAT MOUSETANK "BARACADE" THAT GOT BEAT DOWN BY BUMBLEBEE, SINCE WHEN HAS KITT BEEN A TRANSFORMER,WHATS UP WITH THAT? A CAR THAT TURNS INTO A TRUCK AND THEN SOME WIERD LOOKING DRAG CAR, SEEMS THEY ARE REACHING, FOR WHAT I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE A NEW FAN BASE, I GREW UP WATCHIG KNIGHT RIDER, AT THIS POINT I'M NOT IMPRESSED, THE MOUSETANK IS PLAYED OUT TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW,

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Wow, congrats on apparently using the search function and bumping this old topic that's a dead issue, now if only you could figure out how to turn off Capslock.

GM wasn't interested in working with a new Knight Rider plus Paramount has the car locked up anyway, thus the issue is dead. Not to mention the car wasn't ready and isn't even out yet, is it?

eighthgear
Stranger

Post by eighthgear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:38 am

Not another "kitt should be a camaro" thread!!!!!!!!! The new series was sponsered by FORD. Get over it. Without Ford we probabaly wouldn't have a new series anyways, since the major channel normally don't resurect old shows. I am sure NBC asked all the major car manufactures for sponsorship, and Ford accepted it. Done.

sorry - didn't read the other posts before hitting reply.
Last edited by eighthgear on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

eighthgear
Stranger

Post by eighthgear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 am

KAR35 wrote:Can anyone post a picture of what the new KITT looks like? I know I could check out the model Ford Mustang? But if anyone can put up a pic, that would be great!
here you go (this is hero kitt, i think)

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 am

Yeah, that's definitely the car they refer to as being the hero KITT. :good:

One thing that's immediately noticeable though, for me at least, is the lack of racing stripes between the wheel wells, because in the pilot, the car featured the standard door stripes along with the GT500KR lettering.

Is this a new picture by any chance?

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 am

Umm, to those championing the Camaro as a brand new car - can I just say that, like the Mustang, it's a 'retro-designed' car - both based on 30/40 year old aesthetics?! Much like the current VW Beetle and BMW MINI...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 am

I notice that the same old threads incite the same tired old discussions months later. Despite the fact that posting myself is helping to keep the topic up, maybe we should just let these threads sink back under the rock of which they belong...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

psyksmasher70
Stranger

Post by psyksmasher70 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:19 am

This was the best idea I ever saw for the new KITT, posted by firebirdgm2000. The black car would have been perfect with the aerodynamics for turbo and pursuit modes. especially the cross between the Camaro and the Trans Am. And then with the BS transforming modes. :kitt2:

pom-in-oz
Stranger

Post by pom-in-oz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:35 am

Hey all

Hopefully this post gets read - I know it's an OLD topic, but still wanted to give my 10 cents worth!

The pilot telemovie premiered over the weekend in Australia and I am hooked. Hopefully Channel 7 will pick up the series too.

But I think there is a better option for the new KITT, than either the Mustang, the Camaro or any other suggestion thus far.

You may (or may not know) that the Holden VE Commodore, built here in Adelaide, is sold in the US as the Pontiac G8 and in the UK as the Vaxhall VXR. Now, a couple of model cycles ago, the Commdore formed the base for the Holden Monaro (Pontiac GTO/Vauxhall Monaro). When Holden updated to the VE, the Monaro died. However, they DID build a concept show car, to commemorate Holden's 60th anniversary. I believe this should have been the base for KITT 08. The family resemblance as a Pontiac would be obvious. And given the recent nomination for the American Car of the Year award, the American motoring public would applaude a GTO based on the G8. We will now never know if the Knight Rider base could have resurrected the Monaro/GTO.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:48 am

Ironic thread indeed... because... well some GM fans out there still want the Camaro... and sure they can feel that way. But saying it is more futuristic is just bull... The Camaro (especially the new one) is in every way GM's "carbon copy" of Ford's Mustang approach. I even have a video of the Camaro being designed as a clay model and in the back ground of the GM studio almost next to the Camaro there was a Mustang present... current one... It is the exact same retromodern thought that Ford has employed when it created the new Mustang... because the GM team used the Mustang more or less as a design template... and also... going back to the 60's... same deal. Ford brings the Mustang worlds fastest selling car of all time in history EVER... and then GM brings its version of it... the Camaro... Not saying GM is stealing or being unoriginal just saying... if there was anybody giving modern thought while designing the current generation of Pony cars it was Ford...

Either way I am glad to see that most of the fans embrace the new Mustang as KI3T. However if someone still feels the Camaro is better suited to be a "KITT" type car... please do so... as that is your own view, but do not start this useless dicusion again about KI3T should be a Camaro/Firebird, because it is really annoying me... as cool as the old KI2T was, this new car is a different KI3T... different AI... much more acting on its own... it is a different beast. And to be honest a beast I love when it comes to sheer character (looks).
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:19 am

the GT500KR lettering is still there it is on the inside on the seats

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:31 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Image

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Thank you and seconded.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)