Anyone lucky enough to meet David Hasselhoff in real life??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anyone lucky enough to meet David Hasselhoff in real life??

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:54 am

I had a dream last night which got me thinking about some things. My dream was strange as most are. (BEGIN DREAM) I was in some kind of large building with with lots of people in it. I don't remember why I was there or what I was doing but I decided to get up and walk around. I noticed a familiar face sitting in a chair facing backwards away from the table (opposite how everyone was sitting) it was david hasselhoff and he looked sad and depressed as noone was talking to him. I walked over to him and for some reason called him the Knight Rider instead of by his real name. He replied yes actually acting a little annoyed by my presence. We chatted for a little bit about various things and than he said he had to catch a plane and left me standing there. I suddenly realized that I didn't ask him one question that I always wanted to ask so I ran after him. We were now in a strange air port and he was sitting on a bench with a dog. When I approached him the dog bite me and he started blaming me for what happened. Than I awoke(END DREAM).

For anyone that really met him in real life can you explain how he is. I am sure he probably loves his fans and is a very nice person to be around. I know he did a lot of charity events for kids in need so that shows how good his heart really is. Do you think he is proud of the original Knight Rider series? I am also a fan of Macgyver which aired a few years after Knight Rider did and there was a lot of similarities between the two shows. Although Richard Dean Anderson (who played Macgyver) doesn't seem to embrace his Macgver fans as he should. Everytime he speaks of the old series he is always cracking jokes about it and when asked if he would ever be involved with another Macgyver series if there was ever to be one he denies that he would. Do you think David feels the same way about Knight Rider or does he feel proud of the fans he created and the times he had on the show.

Also if you were able to sit down with David for some period of time what questions would you ask him about the old series? I just thought it would be interesting to see some of the replies I get on here as this dream really got me thinking.

:kitt2:
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: Anyone lucky enough to meet David Hasselhoff in real life??

Post by whet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:33 pm

I met David at his book sighning in Chester here in the uk, in September 2005.

I had my Knight RIder t shirt on he liked that, "hay Knight Rider" he said. I asked at the time"how's the movie going"
David said"it's comming"

I wnjoyed meeting him.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:43 pm

I had a friend that met him once in San Diego. He said the Hoff showed up in KITT at the mall, to sign autographs and promote the show. He posed with him for a photo, and said he was really friendly. I was SOOO jealous, at the time Michael Knight was our biggest hero! 8)

Making_Waves_of_my_Own
Recruit

Post by Making_Waves_of_my_Own » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I'm waking up from my lurking tonight, my first post in about a year. I was inspired by this subject header.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but four years ago this month, I did send David a heartfelt 6-page thank-you note for the inspiration that Knight Rider provided to me 25 years ago. We all know the slogan, "One man can make a difference," but the overall theme was significant to me because it gave me motivation to conquer the effects of cerebral palsy (which I later accepted as a gift that I have to help others discover and share their own gifts).

The letter was pretty long so I wasn't sure if he would ever read it, much less respond to the mini-novel. :roll:

David was apparently so motivated by the letter that he asked me if he could include it in his recent autobiography. :D :D :D :D :D If anyone wants to read my letter, it's in Appendix I of the U.S. version of "Don't Hassel the Hoff," pp. 273-278. If you have read it, please share your thoughts about the letter here!! Thanks!!

It was like the dream that the OP mentioned above, and somebody should pinch me!! I haven't met David yet, but would still like to!

Handzus' Stupid Fro
Operative

Post by Handzus' Stupid Fro » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Hi everybody - haven't posted in forever but have been checking out the forum here and there...

Anyways, I've never met him, but he was in a dream of mine when I was probably like 12 years old (I'm 28 now). I lived in FL at the time and dreamed he lived like a mile from my house. I went to go say hi and he had just got a KR tattoo on the back of his hand. It was all colorful and puffy like he had just gotten it. Weird I know, but I also had a dream that Jamie Pressly and Mario Lemieux were hanging out in my bedroom. :?

While on a trip in LA I did happen to drive down Louise Ave. in Encino hoping to catch the Hoff at his house (which is gated of course - can't see anything), and there were definately burnout marks out front from where somebody had been peelin' out (like he said on the season 1 DVD commentary). I don't know why I expected to see him, not like he was gonna be out raking leaves or playing lawn darts or anything lol...

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:56 am

I always thought it would be neat to have a picture of David and I wearing a leather jacket and both giving the signature thumbs up sign. If I had one it would be posted on my living room wall.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Me and my bro were fortunate enough to meet the Hoff just over a year ago when his autobiography was being signed in a shopping mall in Kent (Bluewater), UK.

To be honest, in retrospect I was totally star-struck. I never understood that until now. It was great to see that David appreciated the fans as much as he did that day. People came with their kids and everyone got a kick out of standing with the Knight Rider. Everyone seemed to ask the same question "will we see a new KR". Even though it was specifically said no cameras, Hoff was happy to take photos with family and kids. To me he seemed proud of KR as you can't keep screaming "I'm the Knight Rider" (about a hundred times that day!) without it sounding fake, unless you mean it.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Mike29Ca2008
Stranger

Post by Mike29Ca2008 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:00 pm

I got to meet him when I was a kid. They were filming an episode of Knight Rider down the hill from where I lived at the time. He was way way tall from what I remember. I was only 6 at the time. :kittspin:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 am

Wow thats cool. Did you ever find out what episode it was they were filming??

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:29 pm

I've had the privilege of not only getting to meet David (which happened many years ago when I was 12), I also have had the privilege of a continued personal friendship with him throughout the years as I've grown up. I can tell you from experience over the years that he is one of the nicest, most incredible people I've ever met, celebrity or otherwise.

Basically, the short version of how I met David is that obviously I started out as a HUGE Knight Rider fan when I was a kid living in San Diego, CA and I grew up idolizing Michael and KITT on episodes of Knight Rider. Then, around 1991, I was in las Vegas with my family on vacation, along with my aunt and uncle who live in Connecticut and happen to have many friends in Hollywood and one night at dinner we met up with a very nice little person named Billy Barty. Billy, who left this world several years ago, served as a little actor in Hollywood for many years and had many notable parts in film and television, among which was the wizard in the movie "Willow." Anyway, so there we are at dinner with Billy and his friend Saba and he starts talking about people he knows in Hollywood. Of course, I had to ask him if he knew David Hasselhoff and he said he did. I asked him very nicely if he could possibly get David to send me an autograph the next time they talked because I was such a big fan and of course, Billy said he would try.

Fast forward to about a year later. I was in the 6th grade and came down with a very nasty bout of pneumonia that put me in the hospital due to complications from the many medical conditions I was plagued with in childhood and into adolescence. Well, apparently when David finally got word of my request, he also found out that I was currently in the hospital and because of his work with sick children, he wanted to do more than just send me an autograph so he secretly got in touch with my parents. They arranged a secret meeting at a downtown restaurant in San Diego one day in the Fall of 1992 and so my parents pulled me out of school early and told me that they "just felt like taking me out to lunch.'" My dad and I walk in to one wing of this mysteriously empty restaurant and sit down at a long table and I ask "Who else is going to be joining us?" and my dad says "Oh, just a few friends" and then a few minutes later David comes walking in with his then-wife Pamela and his best friend Nick in tow and they proceed to sit down and start talking to me. At this point I'm in complete and utter shock and not really sure what's going on and not even sure if this guy who's sitting here is actually Michael Knight. Then David starts talking about how he's down in San Diego that day filming an episode of a show called "Baywatch" and he invites my family and I to come and join him on the cruise ship they were going to be filming on in San Diego harbor later that afternoon! So of course we said sure and we sat and talked to David, his wife and Nick for about an hour and then met up with them again a few hours later on the cruise ship. I brought David a paper mockup of KITT's dashboard that I had painstakingly recreated out of paper and gave it to him and he was so impressed he said "Wow, I don't even remember all of these lights and buttons on the real car and you have it duplicated exactly!" David then said he had another surprise for me, which was to work me in to a walk-on role in the episode they were shooting. The scene was basically created on the spot and was a scene with me playing shuffleboard on the ship's deck and David and Alexandra Paul were supposed to come up and ask if they could join me in the game and then proceed to do so. The only shot of that scene that made it into the episode was of the 3 of us playing shuffleboard and a brief close-up shot but it was nonetheless awesome when it finally aired several months later.

Since that time, I have kept in touch with David periodically and we send letters back and forth and occasionally talk on the phone. David has continued to support both me and my family over time and has forever earned a special place in our hearts. I for one will always support David in whatever he does and I look forward to remaining lifelong friends with him.

For some video clips and more information about how we met, you can check out this page on my website at http://web.mac.com/ajkidwell/Adams_Webs ... ovies.html
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff