Anyone remember White KITT??

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

curvnin
Stranger

Anyone remember White KITT??

Post by curvnin » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:48 pm

Hello everybody, when I was younger watching Knight Rider, I remember stumbling on a episode that had a white car in it, from memory (+15yrs ago), they were thinking about replacing KITT with the new edition of car. I have only seen this once and have never been able to find it again. For some reason I still remember it probably because the episode was bad ass. In it they had all these competitions they needed to complete. My friends think I am crazy and they think I confused it with another show and combined the KARR episodes with it, but I truly believe I have seen it. If anyone could share any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Anyone remember White KITT??

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:59 pm

You're thinking of "Junk Yard Dog", where KITT fell into a pool of radioactive waste.

The Knight Rider Archive has a good summary with some pics:
http://knightriderarchive.com/season3/314.html
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Great episode... I think I actually cried when KITT went slowly down into the waste while he was calling out to Michael... :cry:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:43 pm

I should probably let you know that when that episode aired I was only about 10 years old. KITT will always be "my buddy" 8) :spmgo:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 am

That scene would have been more powerful (when he slips into the acid) if they hadn't used the model.

I hate those stupid models. No matter how fake or obvious the 'guy behind the seat' looks when KITT's driving or the cheesy graphics on his monitors, they're all better than those damn hot wheels cars. And I know people now are concerned about the overuse of CGI, but that is still superior than the models.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:09 am

That somthing I don't get they toss a model into the slime and then drag out a real car. They should of tossed that car in before they put the slime paint job.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:28 am

All I can remember thinking the first time I saw that episode (and still to this day) is how messed up it was that K.I.T.T. saved Michael countless times, yet the one time he needed to be saved, Michael couldn't get his back.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:38 am

Lost Knight wrote:All I can remember thinking the first time I saw that episode (and still to this day) is how messed up it was that K.I.T.T. saved Michael countless times, yet the one time he needed to be saved, Michael couldn't get his back.

You try running after your car in an acid pit. LOL
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:49 am

I think Michael did save Kitt in the end, he made him get the tests right and made him get his self confidence back by getting byrock.

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:18 am

That also was one of my favourite KR's
tho much preferred it when MK sprayed him black & they re-done the test together :D

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:00 am

Don't forget Knight of the Juggernaut. During the second phrase of Kitt's rebuilding, he was sprayed white before the MBS was re-applied.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:56 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:All I can remember thinking the first time I saw that episode (and still to this day) is how messed up it was that K.I.T.T. saved Michael countless times, yet the one time he needed to be saved, Michael couldn't get his back.

You try running after your car in an acid pit. LOL
:lol: I meant more along the lines of knocking out the forklift driver and lowering K.I.T.T. I'll give Michael a break on that one, though.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:50 pm

You try running after your car in an acid pit. LOL[/quote]

Too funny... LMAO! :kittspin:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:34 am

I think that there was nothing Michael could have done to save Kitt, I mean he was already on the fork lift and was being lowered into the pit when michael heard kitt calling out for help. He was n't close enough to go knock out the fork lift guy. I love how when they drag kitt out of the pit how michael gets very angry with the owner of the toxic waste plant. It nice how he stays by kitts side as kitt is rebuilt.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Post by Reissuleipa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:54 am

HungarianKnight wrote:Don't forget Knight of the Juggernaut. During the second phrase of Kitt's rebuilding, he was sprayed white before the MBS was re-applied.

Actually if you want to be 100% correct, they didn't apply MBS to KITT in that episode after the rebuilding. I suppose they did in some point after that but I don't recall there being any mention of that :lol:

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:42 pm

I veiwed the episodes- knight of the juggernaunt & the mbs was NOT applied...tho it probably was applied later. tho it does add a factor of both vunerability & strength of character & trust in ones
partner to the show-episode....( KITT -to-Michael)
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:37 pm

That's correct; the Molecular Bonded Shell wasn't reapplied in "Knight Of the Juggernaut" which was why Super Pursuit Mode was more crucial in order to make up for the MBS.

It was reapplied as early as the next episode, "Kittnap," because K.I.T.T. was bulletproof again (except for his interior). Also, since they made such a fuss about it in "Knight Of the Juggernaut," there's no way F.L.A.G. would have kept K.I.T.T. unprotected on missions like that for half the season until it was finally mentioned in "Knight Flight To Freedom." It was reapplied off-camera, and I would think they'd have to apply it sectionally in order for the SPM fins to pop out.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:54 pm

always amazed me how it took months to build KITT, then every time he was destroyed they rebuilt him overnight :lol:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:42 pm

flemmo wrote:always amazed me how it took months to build KITT, then every time he was destroyed they rebuilt him overnight :lol:
especially how it took bonnie and several trained scientist to rebuild him after goliath destroyed him

and then a group of 5 inner city youths are able to rebuild him and to add the additional features.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

The Keith
Volunteer

Post by The Keith » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Video compilation of rebuildings. Has primer KITT footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGhHicrUvjo

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Crumbling Down wrote: especially how it took bonnie and several trained scientist to rebuild him after goliath destroyed him

and then a group of 5 inner city youths are able to rebuild him and to add the additional features.

I always had the thought that the simple mechanic parts of Kitt could be easily repaired. okay, not like on your everyday car, but with talent, you can do the job. That's how the street kids could make the job. It's like with military vehicles, they are designed for being serviced in the middle of the war.
The tricky part is the many computer systems of Kitt, you need more than a heliarc to fix that once it's gone FUBAR.

To qoute Scotty: "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."