A New Pilot Progress Report...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

A New Pilot Progress Report...

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Principal Photography is finished, with the exception of three days of scenes that had to be delayed due to Justin Breuning's injury. They will now be shot in the Middle on January. By then they will have a rough director's cut and will be able to determine if anything needs to be re-shot, aside from the shots they didn't get. Not changing script, but different inflections, deliveries. Having an opportunity to re-shoot is a rare gift in TV, so Justin's injury might actually end up helping the project.

The dash WILL be CG'd in post production. It won't be what you saw in the teaser. I don't know any more than that.

No decision will be made about taking the pilot to series until the writer's strike is over--hopefully that will be soon.

They did a night helicopter shoot the last week of shooting, and got a great scene. They're really trying to "put it all up on the screen."

If you want to see some of the tecniques they used for the car chase scenes, check out "New York Chase" in the special features section of "Bourne Ultimatum." The remote car with the driving cage on top is the same thing they're using in KR. That, as far as they know, has never been done on a TV production.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A New Pilot Progress Report...

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:43 am

Thanks for the info, Shapeshifter. We appreciate the head's up!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 pm

Very cool info!

I posted a thread with some videos that interview the people on the set and producing Knight Rider, one of the guys stated the whole idea using the cage on the car to create more realization and a thrilling excitement for the actors and of course the audience. Can't wait to see how the dash is going to look with the CGI.

BTW any info on more teasers, trailers, or anything? Probably have to wait till most of the shooting is done right?

Thanks Shapeshifter, always a pleasure, keep us informed!

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 pm

You're welcome, fellas. As far as future promos, if I hear anything specific, I'll let you know. I do know that NBC is planning to "promote the hell out of this thing" because, for one, they don't have a lot of other original programming to promote while the writer's strike is on.

That could bode well for the pilot, and for a potential series, as well.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:27 pm

Something else you might find interesting...

The three people being considered for the voice of KITT were Will Arnet, Rainn Wilson, and...Stephen Colbert.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:Something else you might find interesting...

The three people being considered for the voice of KITT were Will Arnet, Rainn Wilson, and...Stephen Colbert.
That is interesting. Will Arnett's voice sounds the least like KITT, but I'm happy with their choice. I hadn't heard of Rainn Wilson but he does sound like KITT. Stephen Colbert does too, but I have a feeling that would've caused more controversy.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:Something else you might find interesting...

Stephen Colbert? Then they could have had Bill O'Reilly as KARR...

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:54 pm

Here is the extra in the Bourne Ultimatum DVD that Shapeshifter was talking about - showing the stunt car system.

http://shadowyflight.com/newnbc/bourne.mov