NBC Airs 15 second teaser

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NBC Airs 15 second teaser

Post by neps » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanks to Michael Pajaro for the capture:

http://knightridermovie.com/2008/teaser.mov

What did everyone think?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: NBC Airs 15 second teaser

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:36 pm

It was everything it should have been. Imagine if you didn't know they were making a TV-Movie. They have the background music, then you see the scanner under the car cover... it's a great unveiling. And I loved simply hearing "Hello Mike". The tiny fact that he doesn't say "Michael" is a small example of how this is a NEW Knight Rider, for a new time.

I admit I was disappointed to see the analog gages on the dash. I'll even go so far as say I was very disappointed. But overall I really liked the tone of the teaser.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:53 pm

Honestly, it doesn't get my blood pumping...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:06 pm

The scanner is kinda crazy, like a two headed serpent - but in a good way. If you free frame you can see the car without the sheet.

I was disappointed with the dash too - but I'm still holding out hope. They say it could morph, and it's quite possible we saw the hero interior and not the attack mode interior. Also it was on for such a short second - that you have to frame to see anything - so it's probably not complete.

Didn't they do this whole sheet thing with another Knight Rider series? KR2000 Right?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:12 pm

neps wrote:Didn't they do this whole sheet thing with another Knight Rider series? KR2000 Right?
No. But they did do it for the season 3 or 4 promo. Michael walks out on the screen and kitt is covered up with a sheet and Michael talks about his new features and such.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Ah duh. Sorry - been a crazy day!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 pm

Was it me or did the mustang look more blue than black? Maybe itr's wishful thinking on my part since my Mustang's True blue.liked the theme though.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:32 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think the scanner is cool. It almost looked like it was pulsing. But it certainly doesn't go with the analog gauges, though. Very high-tech on the outside, very primitive on the inside. And it definitely looked like the "Attack" version, so I doubt the gauge is going to morph into anything digital. Other than that, great promo, I thought.

It was the same method used on the Season 4 promo for Super Pursuit Mode/the Knight Rider 2000 teaser. It would have been better if they didn't have that whole public relations event to spoil the surprise because we all know exactly what was under the cloth.

Also, you can hear the regular Mustang engine sound at the very end. No turbine engine noise. :(
Last edited by Lost Knight on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:01 pm

wow that was pretty cool, will arnett sounds almost like the original kitt.
in glen larson we trust.

ckeller22
Operative

Post by ckeller22 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:31 pm

I have to say the scanner looks really cool. They did good on that. The interior well I pray to god that is not the attack interior and that they just don't want us to see it in it's glory until the movie because that dash and I am sorry but the dash looks like *?$#. It looks unimaginative and looks like a stock dash with 1960 analog gauges with a after market steering wheel that's had it's top sawed off. What would a state of the art most technologically advanced supercar have this. The dash in the original Kitt had a one off dash with digital gauges(advanced for 1982) and a one of the kind gull wing steering wheel that by the way the creative department working on the car came up with not a outside vendor from a after market magazine company. I am happy about the scanner but very disappointed in the dash. like I said I hope they just don't want to show the real tricked out dash until the show airs. The voice sounds great by the way. Merry Christmas to everybody.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:07 am

Well I certainly wasn't disapointed. True there are still problems with the car. I definatly think this will be better than the 1991 tv movie. :kitt2:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:29 am

Very nicely done, very happy to see them re-do the theme with a modern day twist. I like the scanner how it went on and made a hi-tech computer sound and then the "Hi Mike" phrase really shows it as the "new Knight Rider". Hopefully in the show they will do something with the gages and make them digital or something really cool and maybe use some movie magic with some CGI animation of some sort, also the voice module I hope looks cool and actually talks while showing both Mike and KITT speaking instead of switching the camera from one view to another. I remember back then everything was recorded so I am sure that today this will not be a problem to have it live sound instead pre-record. Shapeshifter did mention to me that the budget was low so they might have not got a chance to do it, we will have to see. Will Arnett sounds very very good as KITT, like Daniels but for today. I think NBC did it well so far... I have faith in them though.

BTW I recorded it on my Cable DVR in HD and I paused it to play shot by shot and in the dash pic (I wish I can post it) it looks JUST like the Mustang interior (gages and all) only with a "gullwing" look, the radio/ac area is gone, and the center of the steering wheel says "MOMO". I hope the CGI/Computer Animations will do something about that interior!

Other than that I can't wait!

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:52 am

Have to agree about the scanner. Of all the variations we saw on the original series, that one was always my favorite. It also gives a good rational for the scanner being as LONG as it is now. The original pattern just would have looked strange with that setup, but with two separate lights it actually looks pretty cool. Surprise surprise.

And I was worried the voice would sound a little TOO Wil Arnett-ish, but thankfully with all the filter's it sounds a lot like the original KITT.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:55 am

davejames wrote:And I was worried the voice would sound a little TOO Wil Arnett-ish, but thankfully with all the filter's it sounds a lot like the original KITT.
Pretty odd that with a 1000-watt quadraphonic stereo sound system that the voice still has that tinny sound to it. Not that I'm complaining since it sounds like classic K.I.T.T., but doesn't really make too much sense.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:43 am

Wow, merry christmas!
That commercial does everything a teaser should do, it certainly wets one's appetite. I really do like the scanner. And I am positively surprised how KITT-like Will Arnett sounds.

Like everybode else I am a little bit disappointed with the dashboard, though I give them the benefit of doubt since we haven't seen the complete thing. It's possilbe they don't want to give away everything before the pilot actually airs.

@jjsocrazy: Don't you have the chance to upload your hi-res version somewhere, on megaupload.com for example? It would be nice to have the teaser in better quality.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:43 am

I quite liked it.

It was only 15 seconds so was right to the point, the scanner looks good from what you can see, I even can accept the voice.

But was was the music all about??

I hope that's not the theme, I am hoping for a something that resembles the origainal. :kitt:

Btw can anyone grab a still from the split second you get with the front of the new kitt when it's uncovered?

Transparent
Rookie

Post by Transparent » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:41 am

Well thats brought it all together for me.

For me Kitt was made by the voice - the modified trams am was secondry.

This voice works.

<geekout>Happy happy joy joy</geekout>

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:53 am

whet wrote: Btw can anyone grab a still from the split second you get with the front of the new kitt when it's uncovered?
I have made some screencaps....
kr01.jpg
kr01.jpg (7.95 KiB) Viewed 22505 times
kr02.jpg
kr02.jpg (20.87 KiB) Viewed 22491 times
kr03.jpg
kr03.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 22683 times

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:56 am

kr04.jpg
kr04.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 22424 times
kr05.jpg
kr05.jpg (27.49 KiB) Viewed 22404 times
kr06.jpg
kr06.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 22386 times

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:57 am

kr07.jpg
kr07.jpg (23.13 KiB) Viewed 22365 times
kr08.jpg
kr08.jpg (29.43 KiB) Viewed 22516 times
kr09.jpg
kr09.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 22474 times

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:59 am

kr10.jpg
kr10.jpg (16.17 KiB) Viewed 22298 times
kr11.jpg
kr11.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 22277 times
kr12.jpg
kr12.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 22272 times
Sorry that I had to split the pics, but the board software only allows three uploads per post.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:14 am

I have heard that the interior of the car is still a work in progress; the producers are not satisfied. They are going to do what they can in post with CG, especially with the dash. Fortunately, overall popular acceptance of the show, and the subsequent decision to go to series, will not rest with the car's interior. If you're a bit a bit dissapointed with it when the movie airs, rest assured. If the show is picked up for series the dash will be fixed.

And BTW, Happy Holidays to all of you here.

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:20 am

Shapeshifter wrote:I have heard that the interior of the car is still a work in progress; the producers are not satisfied. They are going to do what they can in post with CG, especially with the dash. Fortunately, overall popular acceptance of the show, and the subsequent decision to go to series, will not rest with the car's interior. If you're a bit a bit dissapointed with it when the movie airs, rest assured. If the show is picked up for series the dash will be fixed.

That is good news. On the other hand it's a pity they didn't get the dash right right from the beginning. I'm really curious how much they can fix with CGI in post production.

Shapeshifter, do you have any information on what exactly they want to change? And what I'd really like to know: does the new KITT have a voicebox?

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Last edited by Duster on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:43 am

WOW!

All I can say is wow! This is the best Christmas present for a Knight Rider fan.

And don't worry about the dash. This is is a joke or something. The steering wheel is labelled as "mama" :D

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:49 am

Duster wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:I have heard that the interior of the car is still a work in progress; the producers are not satisfied. They are going to do what they can in post with CG, especially with the dash. Fortunately, overall popular acceptance of the show, and the subsequent decision to go to series, will not rest with the car's interior. If you're a bit a bit dissapointed with it when the movie airs, rest assured. If the show is picked up for series the dash will be fixed.

That is good news. On the other hand it's a pity they didn't get the dash right right from the beginning. I'm really curious how much they can fix with CGI in post production.

Shapeshifter, do you have any information on what exactly they want to change? And what I'd really like to know: does the new KITT have a voicebox?

Thanks for keeping us update!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
I'm sorry I really don't have any more info now. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they can do.