KITT car poll PART II

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What type of car should KITT be in our modern age?

09 Shelby Mustang
11%
09/10 Camaro
28%
Acura Concept NSX
33%
Nissan GT-R
5%
One of a kind concept for movie.
24%

Total votes: 83

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT car poll PART II

Post by seeker78 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:12 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:That concept Charger photoshop looks damn good and I still like the flip up headlights, hiding them when they're not needed.
PhoenixZero, can you give me an URL for said image???

--Brian

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:40 am

It was posted in this topic as an attachment. I dunno how it looked before but the photoshop version posted looks a lot like the Trans-Am KITT.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:06 am

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I have been a KR fan since the very beginning. I voted for Camaro. Because, I just don't feel like the Shelby is the right choice for this show. It looks too much like a box. I would think that the creative team of this sequel would choose something with much sleeker design. And the one with the closest design to the original KITT.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 am

KnightLady wrote: Because, I just don't feel like the Shelby is the right choice for this show. It looks too much like a box.
I feel the same way, I want a US Made car though and the camaro is going to be made in Canada from what I hear. I wish they had modded the front of the mustang to make it look more sleek. But I have to admit, every time I watch it on video, it looks better.

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:00 am

seeker78 wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:That concept Charger photoshop looks damn good and I still like the flip up headlights, hiding them when they're not needed.

--Brian
Here is the original pic and the photoshopped pic he is referring to.

ImageImage

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:33 am

Hardkore wrote:
seeker78 wrote:

--Brian

ImageImage
Now that looks like what they should've gone with. Something similar to the original, but with an updated look.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Hey VK why not check this out, this would be a fantastic idea for the new KITT. They can take this car and do something with it to promote not only GM but yourselves and the movie. I think the Buick Riviera Concept will dominate the Acura Concept. They can take this concept and picture it as KITT with a few changes to the front maybe? I am not sure but something to make it seem cool and wicked! BTW Check out the last pic of the car and you can see the ambient lights on the back and all around the car that light up in the dark, pretty sick!

Check it out everyone!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/show ... hp?t=59404
Attachments
riv1.jpg
riv1.jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 29239 times
riv3.jpg
riv3.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 29247 times
riv10.jpg
riv10.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 29244 times

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 pm

I had posted the Riviera on another thread too. It is definatly a great looking Buick and I think it will serve well as the next LaCrosse, after looking at it more though I don't see it as KITT.
Audi R8:Image
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Hey VK why not check this out, this would be a fantastic idea for the new KITT. They can take this car and do something with it to promote not only GM but yourselves and the movie. I think the Buick Riviera Concept will dominate the Acura Concept. They can take this concept and picture it as KITT with a few changes to the front maybe? I am not sure but something to make it seem cool and wicked! BTW Check out the last pic of the car and you can see the ambient lights on the back and all around the car that light up in the dark, pretty sick!
- The body is still all wrong and the car is too short especially the back end no matter how many ways you try to dress it up with fancy lighting. I highly disagree that this car dominates the Acura Concept, at least from a visual standpoint. It's a cool looking car no doubt but it's not KITT. Wouldn't those swing up doors cause a problem just like with the Delorean when parallel parking?

Regarding the Audi R8, I have already explained this car is already heavily licensed for the movie Iron Man.

=VK=
:dash:

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 pm

victor kros wrote: Wouldn't those swing up doors cause a problem just like with the Delorean when parallel parking?
That is actually a big misconception... the gullwing doors on a DeLorean require less clearance to open than traditional doors... something like 11 inches.

My vote still goes to the GT-R. I whipped up this quick manip using the concept GT-Rmonths ago... banking that NBC would use Nissan, which currently sponors HEROES. The production GT-R is slightly different. I see nothing wrong with KITT being a foreign make, personally. I feel that the design of the car has more of a classy look than that of the new Camaro, Mustang and Challenger.

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/31221/ ... 402_rs.jpg

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Actually having researched the net it needs 14 inches of clearence but since Mythbusters has exposed this concern as a busted myth, then I'll admit I was wrong about the doors and retract that statement accordingly. Still my other points remain.

=VK=

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:52 am

Personally, I just don't see KITT with gullwing doors.... and the Riviera concept looks more suited for a TRON/GOLDEN GIRLS crossover film than KR. SERIOUSLY... what's up with the neon/EL thing? It's awful.

The Charger concept pic really brought back some memories... I'm pretty sure that was making the rounds in the late-90's.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:31 am

victor kros wrote:
- The body is still all wrong and the car is too short especially the back end no matter how many ways you try to dress it up with fancy lighting. I highly disagree that this car dominates the Acura Concept, at least from a visual standpoint. It's a cool looking car no doubt but it's not KITT. Wouldn't those swing up doors cause a problem just like with the Delorean when parallel parking?

Regarding the Audi R8, I have already explained this car is already heavily licensed for the movie Iron Man.

=VK=

The Riviera is too short? I know picture are deceiving compared to real life but:

RIVIERA – WHEELBASE: 112.9, OVERALL LENGTH: 185.4

ACURA NSX CONCEPT: WHEELBASE: 108.8, OVERALL LENGTH: 181.5

82 Trans Am was WHEELBASE: 101.0, OVERALL LENGTH: 189.8
The new Mustang is 5” longer than the NSX at 186.5

Nothing especially unique, profile-wise, about either one. Both have the same cookie-cutter looking design shape. Blah. Basically an extended knock-off of the Lexus LF-A.

Lexus LF-A

Acura NSX Concept

Acura NSX has the same low-ground clearance problem that you said nixed using the Corvette, though I figure length was a problem on the Corvette as well.

I would say, take the Camaro and build the Trans Am that GM won’t. Overall, like the 82 Trans Am, it would give you the closest to everything you want. The One-of-a kind look, the 4 seats, the performance, adaptability,.…..

You have said that there will be Turbo Boost. Unless you talking CGI, the Low clearance problem can be handled with an air suspension system, though ANY low profile tires and big rims will have to be replaced with higher profile tires and smaller rims (with hubcaps to simulate a bigger rim). Low profile tires and big rims WILL NOT survive the stunt without blowing a tire and trashing the rim. Not something you want to happen at the speed it takes to do the stunt. Using a Camaro transformed into a Trans Am you would have an area in the rear to put weight to balance out the car to do an actual jump stunt, without gutting out part of it as you would, on say the NSX or simular.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 am

The Lexus LF-A has something. Here's one in black without the Lexus logo. And it also has a place for the scanner... :shock:

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 am

Garthe Knight wrote:The Lexus LF-A has something. ...
I thought the same, especially since it is further ahead in development than the NSX. Unfortunately, too short at 176.6" overall length (1" longer than the Corvette) and probably too low (but then, so is the NSX).

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Hardkore wrote:

[dodge charger pics]
That's pretty sweet actually! Very KITT-like. According to wikipedia though, it's made in Canada, so that's just another example of American jobs being shipped overseas, other than that...NICE...

But that picture is just an example of how you can take a vehicle with a boxy front and modify it to not be boxy.

I would have to say, if the Buick Riviera is made in China (I still haven't seen any confirmation of where it is made but that is my suspicion), and the Dodge Charger is Made in Canada, and those are my choices, I would go with the Charger because Canada is a close ally and doesn't have sweatshops (made in Japan, same properties as Made in Canada). But Made in USA is my preference.

but from what I have seen so far, I would like that photoshopped Mustang the best. It's Made in the USA, it's a production car that fans can buy, it has the two doors and backseat, it has the wing in the back, and with the modded front end it does have the low sweeping front.

I think if they had gone with a modded Mustang such as that pic for the new series, there would not have been as much passion opposing it, at least not in my case. There seem to be some people who say "Ford is not acceptable regardless of how good the car looks", but I am not in that group, I just didn't like the Shelby because it was boxy. With an addendum on the front to correct that, I am all for using a Ford Mustang.

Well, if 4 doors are acceptable, there is the Cadillac CTS. Made in Michigan.

hmm somehow though, if the vehicle has 4 doors it doesn't seem as much like a spycar. Although it seems that many Bond vehicles had 4 doors. The CTS still needs to have a wing added too.

knightrover
Volunteer

Post by knightrover » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm

i voted for the acura because it is very futuristic looking and it looks like it will make an excellent kitt for the new knight rider motion picture. kitt is suppose to be the car of the future, so i hope they use the acura.

Hardkore
Volunteer

Post by Hardkore » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 am

If the gull wing door is no feasible enough yet you want something futuristic,what do you think about this being done to the doors...

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:23 am

Hardkore wrote:If the gull wing door is no feasible enough yet you want something futuristic,what do you think about this being done to the doors...

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/
Pretty wild. That's a good example of the type of gimmicks the reimagined K.I.T.T. should have. The car should feature little-seen gimmicks and set trends so that production vehicles may perhaps copy down the line.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 am

GM just brought out their new Caddy CTS coupe concept at the Detroit Auto Show. While Cadillac really doesn't say "KITT" to me, image-wise, but the car is MIGHTY fine looking. The side profile is beautiful. The signature Caddy taillights are a bit annoying, as is the overgrown grill. After a few slight body mods, I think it would make for an outstanding new KITT.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/detroit- ... e-concept/

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 pm

That is really a neat video Lost Knight, thanks for posting it.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:25 pm

victor kros wrote:That is really a neat video Lost Knight, thanks for posting it.

=VK=
As much as I'd love to have discovered it, that was Hardkore's discovery. I just quoted it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Well thanks to the both of you then, Hardkore and Lost Knight. I read so many forum posts these days, it's hard to keep track of who says what all the time when it's not something problematic.

It's one of those videos you really have to see to believe. Definetly for me has that "wow" factor.

=VK=

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:14 am

d_osborn wrote:GM just brought out their new Caddy CTS coupe concept at the Detroit Auto Show. While Cadillac really doesn't say "KITT" to me, image-wise, but the car is MIGHTY fine looking. The side profile is beautiful. The signature Caddy taillights are a bit annoying, as is the overgrown grill. After a few slight body mods, I think it would make for an outstanding new KITT.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/detroit- ... e-concept/
I agree, I mention the CTS in a post on here somewhere, it's made in the USA too, unlike the Camaro. :) at least, according to wikipedia. "According to a recent issue of Motor Trend, a coupe and station wagon version of the CTS may be produced and sold in the USA, although GM feels that they may be more successful in Europe." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_cts

Same article says that the current sedan version of the CTS is made in Michigan. :)

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:26 am

The Camaro will be built down the street from me in Oshawa Ontario.