KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT AS A MUSTANG >>

ACCEPT IT
62%
HATE IT
38%

Total votes: 81

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KITT AS A MUSTANG - ACCEPT IT OR HATE IT POLL

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Stargazer wrote:I voted accept it.

After all, this is not going to be the original KITT as mentioned before. This is a whole different car that has the name KITT.

I agree with neps that maybe things will look allot better on TV.

Yes, its a Ford Mustang, but it looks alot better than the TKR Mustang.
You got it Stargazer. Its a NEW character so its perfectly normal to use an all new approach.

Yes its better looking than TKR (thank god), but then again... it looks more kick *ss than anything I have seen lately.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:19 am

KITT as a Mustang looks about as kick ass as KITT as a Yugo.

C'mon you haters, voice your opinions, don't be scared! When something sucks, it sucks damn it, and there's no 2 bones about it...

SH

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:24 pm

spyhunter wrote:KITT as a Mustang looks about as kick ass as KITT as a Yugo.
Give me a break! :roll:
C'mon you haters, voice your opinions, don't be scared! When something sucks, it sucks damn it, and there's no 2 bones about it...

SH
Maybe they don't feel the need to complain about it as much as others. There's already enough whining on this board lately. Sound like a bunch of bickering old bitties.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm

This show is so over with, Sorry guys but its the truth. If you dont believe me go look at EVERY other car forum out there. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE hates the riced out mustang as the new KITT. And Theyre supposed to have more than one KITT? This show is going to go the way of team knight rider. Sorry producers you had your chance and you blew it. The really sad part is once this one fails no one will want to remake it the right way. RIP Knight rider.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:14 am

who cares what the other car forums say, i think this new knight rider with the mustang is going to be a phenominal hit. besides most of those forums are a small amount of people compared to the amount of people who will actually watch the show. all that matters is that it does good in the nielsen ratings. and with the nielsen ratings system 35.000 people in 12.000 housholds get to decide if its a hit or not. and i'm pretty sure that very few people from the forums belongs to the nielsen ratings family. everybody give me a break and stop whining about kitt being a mustang.
in glen larson we trust.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 am

knightprobe89 wrote:who cares what the other car forums say, i think this new knight rider with the mustang is going to be a phenominal hit. besides most of those forums are a small amount of people compared to the amount of people who will actually watch the show. all that matters is that it does good in the nielsen ratings. and with the nielsen ratings system 35.000 people in 12.000 housholds get to decide if its a hit or not. and i'm pretty sure that very few people from the forums belongs to the nielsen ratings family. everybody give me a break and stop whining about kitt being a mustang.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Knight Rider 2000 did excellent in the ratings. Susan Norman (Shawn McCormick) didn't test well with audiences, though. And I would imagine the Knight 4000 would have taken some getting used to. The point being is that even good ratings doesn't guarantee a series or successful reboot. Susan Norman didn't test well the first time around; the Mustang might not test well THIS time around (and if the fan boards are any indicator, the majority of us don't approve).
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:33 am

subliminal1284 wrote:If you dont believe me go look at EVERY other car forum out there. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE hates the riced out mustang as the new KITT.
For starters, that's simply not true. I enjoy a good debate, but it's hard to take people seriously when they throw out wildly overstated comments like that.

And here's the thing: it doesn't matter if people hate the Mustang now or not. The question is, will people watch? I think they will. It's a brand new sci-fi/action-adventure movie on TV; why WOULDN'T people at least take a look? Once they see the car in action, then they can sick with it or change the channel. Hating the car now is meaningless.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:37 am

I think first impressions are a HUGE part of it, and the HUGE amount of rejection this car is getting will sway the opinions of people undecided and most likely ruin the show. But after the result of this poll the show MIGHT actually have a MICROSCOPIC chance of making it...

I think the publicity videos are so weak, because something like KITT should be kept under wraps until the show drops, kind of like the cover over Season 4's KITT, they didn't need to show the original KITT and explain how cool he was, he obviously didn't need any help in that department. This show is doing it completely ass backwards. You can tell that they have hesitation themselves and have a need to prove the public otherwise. And any car can do cookies in a parking lot...

SH

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:38 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:who cares what the other car forums say, i think this new knight rider with the mustang is going to be a phenominal hit. besides most of those forums are a small amount of people compared to the amount of people who will actually watch the show. all that matters is that it does good in the nielsen ratings. and with the nielsen ratings system 35.000 people in 12.000 housholds get to decide if its a hit or not. and i'm pretty sure that very few people from the forums belongs to the nielsen ratings family. everybody give me a break and stop whining about kitt being a mustang.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Knight Rider 2000 did excellent in the ratings. Susan Norman (Shawn McCormick) didn't test well with audiences, though. And I would imagine the Knight 4000 would have taken some getting used to. The point being is that even good ratings doesn't guarantee a series or successful reboot. Susan Norman didn't test well the first time around; the Mustang might not test well THIS time around (and if the fan boards are any indicator, the majority of us don't approve).
i know that knight rider 2000 did well in the ratings it came in number 4 of the top 10 rated shows for the week it aired, i dont blame nbc for not bringing it back with the female actor, that defanitley would not have worked. but the knight 4000 car being red wasn't a factor in them not bringing it back ,so i dont think the mustang being used is going to test badly with audiences. also i think its a 50/50 split on the on the approval rating of the mustang its not a majority that doesn't like it. and on some other forums like the foundation there is a majority that do like it.
in glen larson we trust.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:57 pm

knightprobe89 wrote:also i think its a 50/50 split on the on the approval rating of the mustang its not a majority that doesn't like it. and on some other forums like the foundation there is a majority that do like it.
You could be right; the poll and what most fans here are saying seem to be two different things, though. It seems like 8 out of every 10 people are complaining about the car, yet it's winning in the poll. Unless people are taking it that "accept" is not the same as "like." [Shrugging.]

Lost_Fan
Stranger

Post by Lost_Fan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:23 am

It would only seem fitting if the new KITT was the new Camaro. The first time I saw the new Camaro, I thought "what the heck is up with the KITT 'swoosh'?" (I call the light a swoosh, 'cuz it makes the sound). I figured they could make minor mods to the appearance to separate it from any other Camaro. Kitt has always been a GM vehicle (or at least made to look like one - Knight 4000). Besides KITT originally being a Pontiac Trans Am, and the Knight 4000 (looking like the Pontiac Banshee concept), KITT was installed in a '57 Chevy Bel-Air in the beginning of movie, KR 2000.

Putting KITT in a Ford just seems like a bad idea, like much of what we get from Hollywood nowadays. Back off on the statistics a little, and put some "this feels good" gut feeling back into the productions. Stop wrecking the things that were good like Dukes of Hazzard, Garfield, and Alvin and the Chipmunks, to name the ones on my mind. It makes it hard to relate the new movie to the old series with so little to tie them together (David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight, and the car being named KITT).

Here is a photo I doctored from http://www.ls1fbody.com/2009_Camaro.htm
Blk Cam - KITT edit.JPG
Blk Cam - KITT edit.JPG (41.86 KiB) Viewed 16091 times
With a little customization...this looks like a good start: http://www.ls1fbody.com/Camaro2009/ta2.jpg

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:39 am

If they were to use the Camaro, the swoosh would have to be in the grill or lower, not above as they are doing with the Mustang flub. If they could conceal the headlights in some way, it just might work...

SH

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:08 pm

I just think the new KITT looks kick ass in the teaser! Loving it even more!

Law
Volunteer

Post by Law » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:13 am

OMG I'm so pissed at these guys right now:

Sarfraz, Solid Snake, Scott Kirkessner, and Radicalas.

Aargh!!!

Knight rider was all about the car!! They picked a Trans Am and put a body kitt on with different rims and made it look so good. You're saying its just a car??!! Thats like saying: why dont they just use a Bus, as long as it can talk and move on its own. You ignorant ppl with the lack of ability to notice the key factor of the show.

That beautiful looking Trans Am with a talking computer, ability to move on its own and bulletproof armor was every young boys dream brought to life.

Now I'm not putting down the Ford Mustang they've chosen but without adding unique body kitts like they did for the Trans Am, its just going to be any other Mustang off the road. By the way, they say the original K.I.T.T. "will" be in the new series. Which is something everyone wants to see...at least for a little bit before they let the new KITT replace it completely.

Plus the mustang looks too aggressive and wont be intimidated by a bulldozer trying to knock it down. With a car thats got no weaknesses, I dont see how the villians will look any bit threatening.

*Sigh* I could give so many more points but I'm not sure you guys would even consider it.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:55 am

Rave on Law and subliminal1284!! Hope you guys made a vote in this thread's poll as we can use all of the negative votes we can get!!

SH

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:17 am

Solid Snake wrote:I just think the new KITT looks kick ass in the teaser! Loving it even more!
Yeah, the analog gauges and the back end of a '60s styled car was sooooooooo awesome!!!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
One man did make a difference.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm

The poll doesn't lie. People like the new KITT. As I said before this is the NEW, I repeat, NEWWWWW KITT (Knight Industries THREE Thousand). Not the TWO Thousand, which is a true classic. Most of us have all four seasons on DVD of the original series, and we can cherish those and watch them whenever we like. The time to move on to the next generation is now, it's exciting to see Knight Rider in the 21st century! :spmgo:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:22 am

the knight 3000 is awesome, and the nbc teaser was excellent, i love the way the attack mustang looks. :mrgreen:
in glen larson we trust.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:16 am

knightprobe89 wrote:the knight 3000 is awesome, and the nbc teaser was excellent, i love the way the attack mustang looks. :mrgreen:
:lol: Thanks for the laugh! I guess some people actually think the Pontiac Aztek is a great-looking vehicle too!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am

89IROCNDoug wrote::lol: Thanks for the laugh! I guess some people actually think the Pontiac Aztek is a great-looking vehicle too!
It goes to show that no matter what vehicle the producers would have chosen, there would be fans that support it and fans who hate it. If they made K.I.T.T. an SUV, you would still find fans here that would say, "I think K.I.T.T. works as an SUV. Besides, it's supposed to be the 3000, not the 2000, so get over it!"

The Mustang for me is like trying to put on a shoe that doesn't fit. I'm still going to try to wear it, even if it's uncomfortable, which the 'Stang is for me.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Lost Knight wrote: If they made K.I.T.T. an SUV, you would still find fans here that would say, "I think K.I.T.T. works as an SUV. Besides, it's supposed to be the 3000, not the 2000, so get over it!"
lmao!!!!!
The Mustang for me is like trying to put on a shoe that doesn't fit. I'm still going to try to wear it, even if it's uncomfortable, which the 'Stang is for me.
Yeah I know what you mean there. However I still say Pontiac G5. :P

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 pm

89IROCNDoug wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:the knight 3000 is awesome, and the nbc teaser was excellent, i love the way the attack mustang looks. :mrgreen:
:lol: Thanks for the laugh! I guess some people actually think the Pontiac Aztek is a great-looking vehicle too!
There are. It's their car, and they don't care what you think.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scifinut
Stranger

Post by scifinut » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:55 am

um i like the idea of using a mustang. Don't get me wrong i realy like the old kitt. but using a mustang you get speed and muccle

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 am

Wait did I just get attacked here? Pissed at me for sharing my opinion? Law and Doug? I can´t like the Mustang or what? Should I hate you because you like the TA? No! Yet you people do hate me for liking this all new KITT? That is just childish... (not to say pathetic). If KITT would have been a Corvair I still would have watched the show... and if anyone would have said "I like the Corvair KITT" I would have disagreed with him but I would not ever say that I would be pissed at them... and insult them by saying how liking a certain style of car is rediculous (saying that is actually rediculous). Let us TRY (I know I can) to refrain from personal attacks here and verbally bashing people for liking a non GM non TA Knight Rider project... because lets be fair there are more than a couple of people here that like this new KITT and bashing one member for liking the new car means you are bashing them all who do, and that´s not fair now is it.

I am happy that the new project seems to be popular on youtube.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Speaking for myself, I apologize to Solid Snake for feeling insulted (or hated) by my reaction to this statement:
Solid Snake wrote:I just think the new KITT looks kick ass in the teaser! Loving it even more!
The reason I reacted the way I did is because this statement seems way over-the-top to me when you don't really even get to see the car in the teaser. You have to pause it to see a glimpse of the front end and you get a short look at the back end in the dark. So going bonkers over how good the new KITT looks didn't make sense to me - it just sounds like your going bonkers because you just know that it's a Ford Mustang, and that bugged me.

While I actually liked the teaser (the scanner, music and voice were cool to me), the glimpses of the Mustang were flaws to me: Analog gauges and major '60s styling does not fit into the Knight Rider universe in my view. I don't have a problem with sports/muscle cars having these traits at all (in fact I encourage it), but on a car that is supposed to be "the car of the future," it doesn't make sense. And retro isn't that popular today - only a few have retro styling and the next Camaro is not as retro as the Mustang.

If we actually got a good look of the Mustang (in normal mode) in the teaser, your statement wouldn't have bugged me. Even though I don't think the style fits with Knight Rider, I like the looks of KITT in normal mode. In attack mode, while kind of goofy-looking, it isn't that bad - at least it looks like it means serious business!!! While I'm disappointed with the look of the new KITT, I can live with it and it can still be very entertaining. It could have been a lot worse!

I am looking forward to the new KR TV Movie and I hope that it is a big success and that it goes to a series. I would love to see it go another 4 years. In my opinion the effort made towards the look of the new KITT has hurt it's chances of success, but I still think it can be a fun and entertaining show. And who knows, maybe it will still be successful!

I will no longer respond negatively to any more love to the new KITT and I hope the new KITT gives me some good entertainment in glorious High Definition!

Long live Knight Rider! :D (Hoping for another 4 years with a Ford - not joking!)