OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tharpdevenport
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:08 pm

victor kros wrote:The feature film is moving forward regardless of the NBCU pilot, I've already explained this. It was moving forward before the pilot was announced and nothing has changed.

If this pilot does go the way of TKR and KR 2000 it only makes our product all the more authentic and desirable. TWC trusts in Glen and so should the fans.

We're taking our time to make sure the feature film does not disappoint from both a story standpoint and on a production level.

=VK=

So, Larson is definately heading the film and overseeing the important stuff? I haven't kept up with the detials of the fuilm.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

young-nyc
Recruit

Post by young-nyc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 pm

well we can always hope the feature film for the BIG screen would do KITT justice
i'm sure this movie poster has been posted before,
and i would have no problems with KITT being this car, kinda reminds me of the wraith, movie back in the 80's with charlie sheen..hehe

my vote was to make KITT a corvette... =)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:13 pm

I would have liked to see the Vette as KITT too in the feature film but according to VK they can't use it for certain stunts and such. Although there is a KITT Car Poll thread and you can choose what you would like KITT to be as in the Glen Larson KR Film. I choosed the 2010 Camaro!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:51 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:Although there is a KITT Car Poll thread and you can choose what you would like KITT to be as in the Glen Larson KR Film. I choosed the 2010 Camaro!
We know that. You continually mention it in every other one of your posts.

While I was not originally in support of the Corvette as a potential choice, I now believe it would have worked better for the new series, at least now that the Mustang has been confirmed. I understand the point of view that it's a new vehicle altogether, but my argument is that I would have liked to see a better connection between the Knight 2000 and Knight 3000. If anything, to at least make a smoother transition.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:53 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:Although there is a KITT Car Poll thread and you can choose what you would like KITT to be as in the Glen Larson KR Film. I choosed the 2010 Camaro!

While I was not originally in support of the Corvette as a potential choice, I now believe it would have worked better for the new series, at least now that the Mustang has been confirmed. Plus, it perfectly fit into the criteria that the producers were looking for in the quest for the new vehicle (American, 2-door, sporty, and a common every day vehicle). I understand the point of view that it's a new vehicle altogether, but my argument is that I would have liked to have seen a better connection between the Knight 2000 and Knight 3000. If anything, to at least make a smoother transition.

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:33 pm

The new KITT looks like absolute CRAP!!!!

Universal should burn in hell for this travesty!!

Its a Mustang, that's all!!

I agreee that this car (with the snake and all) is going to be used in the show to sell a brand, and not make fans happy.

Come on Glen give us the movie and the KITT we will WANT to see

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm

Lost Knight wrote:

While I was not originally in support of the Corvette as a potential choice, I now believe it would have worked better for the new series, at least now that the Mustang has been confirmed. Plus, it perfectly fit into the criteria that the producers were looking for in the quest for the new vehicle (American, 2-door, sporty, and a common every day vehicle). I understand the point of view that it's a new vehicle altogether, but my argument is that I would have liked to have seen a better connection between the Knight 2000 and Knight 3000. If anything, to at least make a smoother transition.
Well excuse me for wanting KITT a Camaro, and I haven't said much on it for a while. I was speaking to him and suggesting him to vote and stating my opinion anyway so back off.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:24 pm

jjsocrazy wrote:Well excuse me for wanting KITT a Camaro, and I haven't said much on it for a while. I was speaking to him and suggesting him to vote and stating my opinion anyway so back off.
And that's fine that you want him to be a Camaro. I want him to be the Acura Concept. But instead of sounding redundant about it, I let my vote speak in the poll, which is what it's there for.

young-nyc
Recruit

Post by young-nyc » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 pm

did i mention i want kitt to be a corvette? hehe let's all try to get along and hope the feature film will make all of us happy :)

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 pm

I guess me saying I do not want the KITT looking like a Corvette would make me get bashed to the end of times here? Well... I really don't want the Vette.

gold333
Volunteer

Post by gold333 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:46 pm

victor kros wrote:Everything about this show has been rushed from day one. The production, the concept art, the casting, the script writing. It was all rushed out to beat the WGA strike and to get their Knight Rider product out before Glen could make/release his feature film.

=VK=
Victor, I completely agree with you. Like I said before, atleast this production will be very easy to beat.

We've actually stumbled on something very important here:

Glen's team, more than making a new Knight Rider movie, is in a position to do something wonderful for the whole broadcasting service industry.

By creating a truly impressive, thought out, intelligent, rounded, artwork of a motion picture you would in essence have driven this production of Knight Rider into the ground.

The NBC directing and production executives would be humiliated.

This would force the whole broadcasting industry to appreciate the importance of the resurgence of truly -qualitative- works of fiction.

Viewers would suddenly realise what they -should- have been expecting, and will start to expect nothing less than excellence.

The entire industry would invigorate itself by weeding out these petty, talentless dollarmongers.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:23 pm

I don't understand this insistence on comparing the NBC project to the feature film.

Is it going to be some major accomplishment if the film is better than the TV-Movie? It's an embarrassment to Glen Larson to even debate it. OF COURSE the film should be better. The NBC project is not in competition with the film. The film needs to worry about other big-budget actioners such as Transformers 2, and at this rate, possibly Speed Racer 2.

Television is a fast-paced business. That's how things get done. We should judge the NBC movie - for better or worse - on its own merits. But comparing its production to a theatrical film? That's just ignorant.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

nbcviper
Rookie

Post by nbcviper » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Ok this whole thing about money and NBC is a laugh. Sorry to keep bring Viper up but it relates to this alot.

Ok Chrysler spent 1.5 MILLION to design and create the Defender, Ford spent..... probably $80,000 which is a slap on the wrist for them. When NBC did Viper and knight rider they did it right in my opinion, they took there time, they spent money right, the cast was nearly perfect. Viper didn't last due to the fact each episode was over 1 million to produce and there weren't enough people watching to keep paying for them, also it was ahead of its time, if they did Viper now with the same graphics it could stay on TV no problem. Knight rider lasted because of good writing, the cast, women loved Hasslehoff, guys liked the action and the car, Kids liked both as well.

As for this new knight rider, Mustang? enough said. Since its a ford commercial basically why not use the damn GT?!
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

gold333
Volunteer

Post by gold333 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:46 pm

nbcviper wrote: As for this new knight rider, Mustang? enough said. Since its a ford commercial basically why not use the damn GT?!
Because it cost seven time what the mighteh 'Stang do son. Alot more folk will buy the mighteh 'Stang because of this here show than would buy the Geeteefourteh, for fifteenhundrid benjamins, ya hear.

Come now.

I swear in 2015 they'll make this series again, and this time they will actually have a marketing campaign to convince us why the newer KITT is a Ford Focus.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:41 am

i think the mustangs look pretty good, as long as the cars do a lot of stunts and hopefully a turbo boost, ill be happy to watch the pilot and series. lets face it the original trans am was great and if you want to see that watch the dvd's. the new kitt is a mustang, get used to it!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:23 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i think the mustangs look pretty good, as long as the cars do a lot of stunts and hopefully a turbo boost, ill be happy to watch the pilot and series. lets face it the original trans am was great and if you want to see that watch the dvd's. the new kitt is a mustang, get used to it!!
I don't think peoples' issues are that they want the car to be a Trans Am again. I think the overall opinion is that fans have accepted that there should be a brand new car altogether. It's just that most people don't like that they chose the Mustang to be the car.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Top off the movie with an orchestra score (not so much synths this time) by don Peake, and you've pounded NBC into the ground. With little effort.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:43 pm

I just don't like it because it looks boring as hell. It's a box on wheels. Not to mention it's going to be a two hour Ford commercial, but I'm sure it'll also have "limited commercial interruptions.... Brought to you by FORD!" Ugh and we're once again going to be exposed to NBC's nanotechnology fetish that started with Viper, maybe sooner.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Re: OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:56 am

Sure enough, the car is not what we had in mind and for what it's worth it didn't turn out as well as we thought it would with all those exterior modifications. The body parts are easy to find on the market as some of you guys pointed out and the only catch is really just the car itself in terms of the price and avaliability, a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 or what have you, so how do we reason in situations like this?

Well, I think we have to appreciate the fact that the movie industry decided to bring back the old series AT ALL! I mean, think about it, Macyver, A-Team and Magnum P.I. are all television shows of the 80's just like Knight Rider but none of them are being turned into a 2-hour-long hollywoodflick with millions of dollars in budget, nor will they ever be!

Now, let's disregard of what I just said for a minute or two and focus on the plot & cast itself. In an interview between the OK Magazine and the executive producer of the new KR movie, David Bartis, words were going around about the cast and just how important David Hasselhoff is for this new production:

"OK", he says!

IMO not only should David Hasselhoff play the mainrole in the new movie but also assist the director in making the plot as original as it could be because after all that's what we really want, a movie that somewhat entails were the series left of.

The introduction of too many new characters and plots will result in an medioker action movie you'd rather manage without...
Last edited by Knight-Armen on Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Law
Volunteer

Post by Law » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:32 am

The car choice is terrible and so is the Hero :(

wish there was someway I could provide input to how the series needs to be made

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:51 am

Law wrote:The car choice is terrible and so is the Hero :(
What's the beef with Bruening? We haven't even seen him act the role yet!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:35 am

By the way... how many Mustangs do you guys estimate to be sold after February when the movie is finally on the set? Hell, I think that every 5th person that really loves Knight Rider is going to have one or atleast have a replica built (optionally, with a cheaper version of the Mustang)!

This is just another way of advertising for Ford since they are selling Volvo to another cardealer, so they need money in order to keep producing their cars. What happened in the 80's when they aired Knight Rider for the first time with that 82' Trans Am? I'll bet the prices went up on every single car they sold at that time, so what is going to happen this time around... ?

THE PRICES ARE GOING UP!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:By the way... how many Mustangs do you guys estimate to be sold after February when the movie is finally on the set? Hell, I think that every 5th person that really loves Knight Rider is going to have one or atleast have a replica built (optionally, with a cheaper version of the Mustang)!

This is just another way of advertising for Ford since they are selling Volvo to another cardealer, so they need money in order to keep producing their cars. What happened in the 80's when they aired Knight Rider for the first time with that 82' Trans Am? I'll bet the prices went up on every single car they sold at that time, so what is going to happen this time around... ?

THE PRICES ARE GOING UP!!!
Ford is not selling Volvo... just a friendly correction.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:50 am

Ford is not selling Volvo... just a friendly correction.
Right, I thought they were selling Volvo? I guess not...

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:15 pm

The Corvette definitely looks way more like KITT than a Shelby Mustang and is Made in USA too. But it does not have a backseat. But don't you guys see the similarity in front end between a Pontiac G5 and a Corvette? The Corvette basically doesn't have a grille but the Pontiac G5 grill is small, too. Like I said RWD vs FWD means nothing to me, they are both a internal combustion engine.

Also isn't a Shelby Mustang more expensive than a normal GT coupe Mustang??? The GT Coupe looks a lot more aerodynamic too. :)