OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: OFFICIAL EXTERIOR KITT PHOTOS!

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Well, for starters in the original series Kitt used to call Michael by his last name, Mr. Knight (in the very first episode, Knight of the Phoenix) and as the series went on he started to call him Michael.

I mean, Mike is just short for Michael so... yeah, I think they should have Kitt call him by his last name and then maybe later in the film once they get to know eachother (as we don't know whether there will be any followups) he could start calling him Mike.

Besides why would you use Mike instead of Michael? I mean, I understand that they don't want people to confuse him with Michael Knight (by David Hasselhoff), so why not choose an entierly different name to avoid that nickname or whatever you might call it... ?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:30 pm

His full first name is probably Michael and named after his father, but he goes by Mike so that's what everyone would call him.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Phrack wrote:
The Shelby is no different to me. It is a model of car that has been around for some time, that's not incredibly rare, but not so common that the car would become an eyesore, and has been used for other movies and television shows. I honestly don't mind them using it... it's a nice car, and a lot of the arguments I've read here about its use could have also been used against the old Trans Am for the original KITT.

The fact of the matter is that the car needs to be futuristic without being futuristic. It shouldn't be something that looks unlike ANYTHING else on the road, but it shouldn't be something that people can easily ignore either. I'm far more concerned about things like the cast's ability to act in this one, and the intricacy of the writer's storyline.
I agree with you. Ford got the deal to the franchise long ago with the start of TKR. Perhaps it was because they could provide the vehicles at the right price or maybe it was something else... look at Knight Rider 2010... they used a 1969 Boss mustang as the thing for the thing... :? (The only part I ever enjoyed in the film was seeing them put the car together..:p)

All that aside, I pretty much believe that the Trans Am was taken due to price and it was the most sleekest of the American Muscle cars at the time. Back then it was cooler. It was customized by George Barris, a custom legend, so as it would not look too plain, as the TKR cars did. Basically if you want to know who is the brains behind the original KITT look, its him.
Now the Shelby is fine, looks pretty sweet and I love the dual scanners, but I do maintain that the new 2009 Camaro would have been a better because it more sleeker and it doesn't necessarily need to have the stripes and it has an opening for a singular scanner (like the original).
The one thing I really do not like about the new car is the steering wheel.. whats with the "moma" logo??

As far as the story line goes, they should done it in a way that, they found the K2000 (lying in dust) and just took the computer, put it in a new body, added more features and upgraded the programming.. thus bringing it back to life as the K3000. With the current story board, it sounds like they just made a whole new car. That should explain the drastic changes...
Phrack wrote:Believe me... I thought TKR would've lasted longer than it did... and it probably would have, had the writing/acting not sucked beyond belief. And the two motorcycles turning into one didn't help... just looked like something out of the power rangers. Hopefully this version won't go the same way TKR did.
TKR was good, but not great. There wasn't as much action as there should have been, and they used horrid ideas and stuff.
Here is my idea of how TKR should have been. They should have brought together all the cool black TV shows.... (Knight Rider, Streethawk, Air wolf)
I would have done it like this...
KITT - 2009 Camaro
Beast - Hummer H1 or GMC Topkick (like they used in transformers)
Hawk - Ducati 999
Wolf - Bell 222A
Dante - Ford Expedition
Domino - 2007 Mustang GT Convertible (if ever anyone wanted a female in the team)

The only real episode I liked about TKR was KRO... That Ferrari was awesome...

ColinL
Stranger

Post by ColinL » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:36 am

Ok what is wrong with all you guys? You DO know that this isnt the mid 80's right? :? I just saw the movie and I love the new MODERN KITT and story. I know its not an 80's Trans AM and it doesn't have fake cardboard cutouts all over the dash (dont get me wrong I loved the original car) but quit your moanin and groanin. If you hate change so much you better lock your doors and close your blinds so you cant see the world . laugh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:52 am

The new Knight Rider??? Love it....
OK there are questionable stuff about it, but.... its awesome

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Besides why would you use Mike instead of Michael? I mean, I understand that they don't want people to confuse him with Michael Knight (by David Hasselhoff), so why not choose an entierly different name to avoid that nickname or whatever you might call it... ?

Exactly!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Great KRisBack! Atleast you got my point...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Well, I suppose you can simply not watch the telepic (or possible new series) ever again because of the main character being named Mike. Really good reason if you ask me. :roll: Of all the aspects of the new movie, I can't believe that's what irks some people.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:46 pm

Ofcourse I'm going to watch the new series (i.e. if there will be any)! I don't ever recall saying that I'm not going to because of the main character or his name. I'm just pointing out that the character (nevermind the name, that's so superficial) is so wrong for this movie! Hasselhoff should have been the lead character and that's it!

So, lets not get into every single glitch of this movie because there are so many, like all the animations for instance. At some point it felt like they were using the same kind of animation techniques they used in Ice Age!

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Well, I suppose you can simply not watch the telepic (or possible new series) ever again because of the main character being named Mike. Really good reason if you ask me. :roll: Of all the aspects of the new movie, I can't believe that's what irks some people.
Well at least I bought into KITT being a Mustang. I've also watched the pilot four times, that's why the whole Mike thing keeps getting on my nerve. It's the only thing that gets worse with every veiwing.

I know it sounds mean but remember how Capt Pike was replaced in the original Star Trek series? Let's just say I'm crossing my fingers.

Surfer_D
Volunteer

Post by Surfer_D » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:11 am

Justin was supercool - Hasselhoff did a great job, but he's old and today life has changed in compare to when he was 28. Thumbs up for Justin!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:22 pm

People age but that doesn't mean they're less capable of doing a great job. I mean, take Stallone for instance, he's shooting Rambo 4 as we speak and from what I've seen from the trailers it looks promising. A trailer can ofcourse never be compared to the actual movie but that's another story.

Hasselhoff is indeed old but no one can ever take his place as the man behind Kitt's wheel!

I don't think Justin did a good job to tell you the truth, in fact it was awful. I mean, there is nothing in his acting that thrills me and none of his acting or dialogue techniques gives me that Knight Rider feeling you got out of Hasselhoff.

"Knight Rider dies with Hasselhoff..."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:48 pm

KRisBack wrote:Well at least I bought into KITT being a Mustang. I've also watched the pilot four times, that's why the whole Mike thing keeps getting on my nerve. It's the only thing that gets worse with every veiwing.
I think I would share the same outlook as you if he was referred to as "Mikey." Now THAT definitely sounds like a kid's name. So it could have been worse. Much, much worse. Maybe looking at it that way will help?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:People age but that doesn't mean they're less capable of doing a great job. I mean, take Stallone for instance, he's shooting Rambo 4 as we speak and from what I've seen from the trailers it looks promising. A trailer can ofcourse never be compared to the actual movie but that's another story.
Errr...perhaps the movie hasn't yet been released in Sweden, but Sylvester Stallone finished filming that movie over a year ago. And it's been in theaters here for at least a month.
Knight-Armen wrote:I don't ever recall saying that I'm not going to because of the main character or his name. I'm just pointing out that the character (nevermind the name, that's so superficial) is so wrong for this movie!
I never said that you or KRisBack said you weren't going to watch the telepic or a series anymore for that reason. It was just a suggestion on my part since it apparently bothered you guys so much.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, I guess we're a bit behind on that note. Anyways, did you ever watch the new Rambo movie? What's your opinion about it?

KRisBack
Recruit

Post by KRisBack » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I think I would share the same outlook as you if he was referred to as "Mikey." Now THAT definitely sounds like a kid's name.
That's true.
Lost Knight wrote: So it could have been worse. Much, much worse. Maybe looking at it that way will help?
Maybe a little. :lol:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Well, I guess we're a bit behind on that note. Anyways, did you ever watch the new Rambo movie? What's your opinion about it?
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to see it yet. But I am a die-hard Rocky fan and overall fan of Stallone (although I never really got much into the Rambo franchise), and I was really interested in seeing it despite the fact that I hadn't seen the previous trilogy (aside from the first film when I was very young). I'm not even sure if it's still in theaters at the moment, so I plan to watch it through, uh...other means. I'll let you know in PM if I ever see it so as not to take threads off into any more of a tangent than we already have.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:Well, I guess we're a bit behind on that note. Anyways, did you ever watch the new Rambo movie? What's your opinion about it?
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to see it yet. But I am a die-hard Rocky fan and overall fan of Stallone (although I never really got much into the Rambo franchise), and I was really interested in seeing it despite the fact that I hadn't seen the previous trilogy (aside from the first film when I was very young). I'm not even sure if it's still in theaters at the moment, so I plan to watch it through, uh...other means. I'll let you know in PM if I ever see it so as not to take threads off into any more of a tangent than we already have.

It's still in theaters and playing in your area. You have some time left before it's gone.