KITT car poll

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What type of car should KITT be in our modern age?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:32 am

Ford Mustang
7%
McLaren Mercedes
2%
Nissan GT-R
5%
Acura NSX Sports Car Concept
41%
Koenigsegg CCX
No votes
09 Chevy Camaro
27%
One of a kind, unseen/custom designed concept.
17%

Total votes: 41

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stargazer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 am

I respect anyone's choice they have made, however I'm really suprised to see 2 votes for the Ford Mustang.

I had a difficult time choosing between a custom / un-seen car or the Acura concept.... I do wish I had clicked on the Acura choice :roll:

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:08 am

The Acura is nice... but the Nissan GT-R shouldn't be overlooked. Very nice lines that are somewhat reminiscent of the third gen. T/A. It's less exotic that the Acura... but then again, KITT was never an exotic-styled vehicle.

VK, overlook the NBCU logos... I was very bored at work. :)

KnightSlider
Volunteer

Post by KnightSlider » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:08 am

i was hesitating between the acura concept and a custom project..
it would be interesting to have a unique car, designed for the movie, but since i don't know for sure what it would be like, i voted for the Acura, because i can visualised the car..
It would be a perfect knight rider car..
The lines are smooth, (not bulky like the camaro or a mustang), it 's kinda look like a mysterious car..
and it has a futuristic look, but not too much.
so , it 's really the kind of car i can see to be the new kitt.
but if a custom project car can be better go ahead!

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:23 am

This was NOT MADE BY ME, it was created by a fellow board member but I thought I like to share it to help promote the Camaro in the "KITT Look", It Looks SICK! Can't wait to post mine!

The way I was thinking of mine was to incorporate the area where the grill and lights are to make them come to a point like the original Trans Am and integrate a scanner.

nite rida
Volunteer

Post by nite rida » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:12 pm

YES.... HERES A LIVE ACTION VERSION OF THE CAMARO CONCEPT WITH THE GRILL INSERT LIKE JJSOCRAZY SUGGESTED... THIS WOULD BE TOO FRICKIN SWEET!!!!!
'ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

I'am afraid I like the other picture of the other camero more knight rider look to it. What you really need to do is change the front make it less stock looking. I do like seeing the scanner moving though.

nite rida
Volunteer

Post by nite rida » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:24 pm

and another version i just made...
'ONE MAN CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:32 pm

Well thats better but I think the top headlights have to go. Still looks like alittle to much stock. Remember the old kitts front end was totally different from a stock 82 transam.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 am

I really hope that when VK shows this to Glen he will be pleased and hopfully consider to have it as the 2010 Camaro!

Just think about it, when the movie is released in 2010 why not have the Camaro from GM makes its actual debut rather than just a concept like Transformers. I'm sure GM would love the publicity and have the role agaim for KITT and the whole KR Franchise.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:23 am

I honestly could not care less if it was a Firebird or Camaro... or even a Ford (though I am a Ford fan), I think it is only important that the car just fits the KITT bill in a 2010 kind of way... Though I do agree it is vital (for the American automotive world) to have the KITT car based on a US vehicle.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Acura is based in the US as an extention of Honda. That technically makes it still an american car.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:52 pm

victor kros wrote:Acura is based in the US as an extention of Honda. That technically makes it still an american car.

=VK=
Not exactly, it was first created in Japan overseas and then made here, so technically it is a Japanese car, how could you say that an Acura is an American car! :evil: lol

KITT MUST BE A CAMARO!!!!! :P

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:03 pm

victor kros wrote:Acura is based in the US as an extention of Honda. That technically makes it still an american car.

=VK=
Acura is the Japanese luxury division of Honda, just like Lexus is Japanese as is Infiniti.

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:33 pm

Actually, can anyone tell me a car that is "fully" American Made? Meaning, every part and piece is manufactured in the US and the car is put together in the US. I'm having trouble locating one. American Made is only as good as the sticker that's put on it when it comes to cars. The "usual" companies that people refer to as American Cars, ie..GM, FORD, DODGE, well some of them have plants in Mexico. Heck, Toyota is just up the interstate from me in Princeton, IN. Does that make Toyota American Made?? Interesting...

I sort of like the Acura, but I feel the lines of that car have poor design elements to them...it's just random, especially the rear quarters. It just doesn't meet the roof asthetically. Although, it does sort of have a "KITT like" inspiration to the front end. I would still like to see a custom concept in the movie.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 pm

jjsocrazy wrote: Not exactly, it was first created in Japan overseas and then made here, so technically it is a Japanese car, how could you say that an Acura is an American car! :evil: lol

Dude you better research exactly which foreign car company helped GM design that Camaro before you sit there bash how an Acura can not be an American car. And that goes for the new GTO, G6, and G8 as well, all designed by Australian's. And if you really wanna get "technical" then the majority of Camaros and Trans Ams are really Canadian muscle cars.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 am

msKEN wrote:
jjsocrazy wrote: Not exactly, it was first created in Japan overseas and then made here, so technically it is a Japanese car, how could you say that an Acura is an American car! :evil: lol

Dude you better research exactly which foreign car company helped GM design that Camaro before you sit there bash how an Acura can not be an American car. And that goes for the new GTO, G6, and G8 as well, all designed by Australian's. And if you really wanna get "technical" then the majority of Camaros and Trans Ams are really Canadian muscle cars.
lol I had an arguement not too long ago with my friend about this but I don't want to debate this subject much. All the technology and the whole "Zeta" platform was originally designed in the U.S. by U.S. Engineers and then taken over to Australia for moved to the Holden Division. They ADOPTED the Zeta platform from the U.S. as well as modified and updated the from when it was started and yes the new Camaro and G8 are within this platform. BTW did you happen to notice that almost 90% of parts made on the G6 is U.S.? I wasn't bashing Acura, I like them a lot and they are not an American company which what I was proving. Also the Camaro was designed in Australia and U.S. with U.S. Enginuity.

I know my stuff because I am a big GM guy, my father works for Cadillac, and I have my sources, not to insult you or anything just want you to know that I know my stuff and I am on top of the game.

Also the G6 IS NOT on the Zeta platform it is on the Epsilon platform and may not go to the Zeta platform but I hope it does for Pontiac's sake in becoming RWD Performance line.

But to get back to KR & the Camaro, we should have it as that!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:21 am

I'm not going to debate this issue. Acura was started in Japan but their facilities are based in the USA, that technically makes them an american car.

=VK=

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:27 am

Victor, great topic. I've voted for the Acura as the points mentioned above certainly fit the criteria for a new KITT concept. It has all the right angles, futuristic but not too far out and over the top and it's sleek like the trans-am was 20 years ago.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 am

victor kros wrote:I'm not going to debate this issue. Acura was started in Japan but their facilities are based in the USA, that technically makes them an american car.

=VK=
I agree it is silly to talk about this but I wondering, Cadillac has recently started building their cars and have facilities in the Middle East and China, are they not considered American anymore? I am just trying to state facts here and want to end it at that. Acura's are still based in Japan and not entirely U.S. so they aren't American. Understand people like me who are car freaks take that as a insult to call a Japanese car American. I respect and really like Acura but they are Japanese, check out all the car website and the car is considered Japanese and that is that.

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Has the Acura concept actually been built? Its hard to tell from the pics if they are just 3D renders or graphically enhanced photos.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm

flemmo wrote:Has the Acura concept actually been built? Its hard to tell from the pics if they are just 3D renders or graphically enhanced photos.
Yes. Look there: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/07/detr ... -the-imag/

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:33 pm

I want the mclaren mercedes.. think it with a red scanner on the place of the mercedes logo and nose a little similar to kitt one's (not this v-look, just Oo====oO, ya understand?) it would be great!!!
The Knight is back!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:32 pm

pezze87 wrote:I want the mclaren mercedes.. think it with a red scanner on the place of the mercedes logo and nose a little similar to kitt one's (not this v-look, just Oo====oO, ya understand?) it would be great!!!
And then they could give K.I.T.T. a German accent to match the car.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer

Post by SuperchargedGS » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Image

There's an existing one. Doesn't look entirely bad, but if people are going to use the argument that "the car of tomorrow has the look of yesterday," it has to apply to the Camaro, too. Besides, I thought Glen gave up on the Camaro because of the Transformers movie.
This is by far the best i've seen!!!! I would like to see it but very doubtful.
I voted for the Acura NSX but those Camaro pictures are sweet too!!!! Can someone photoshop the NSX concept to look like KITT to see the difference?

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:20 am

isn't a vote for the camaro a wasted vote? i thought transformers had exclusive rights to the camaro and it cant be used as a kitt for knight rider.